Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Grimey, if you would like to discuss the survey again, bump the old thread. Otherwise, build a bridge.
    It was you who brought up the survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What do you mean by this?
    Custard has an agenda and no amount of your sciency mumbo jumbo is going to get in the way of his beliefs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

ScumLord wrote: »
    Custard has an agenda and no amount of your sciency mumbo jumbo is going to get in the way of his beliefs.

That is one of the most overused meaningless lines uses to try and smear people with everybody has an agenda.:rolleyes:
    Your and Frankies are quite clear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

It was you who brought up the survey.

Indeed I did. As an example of Nodin's tendency to lie when cornered. If you wish to debate said survey further the original thread may still be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

That is one of the most overused meaningless lines uses to try and smear people with everybody has an agenda.:rolleyes:
    What agenda? That I value methodological rigour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

These stats were from 2006, so are not accurate today but in terms of fundamentalism that already exists in the EU I find this quite frightening.

*One in four British muslims believe London bombings were justified*

*Twenty-eight percent hope for the U.K. one day to become a fundamentalist Islamic state.*

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-british-muslims-put-islam-first/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It doesn't mean you don't actually have an agenda, your wear your agenda on your sleeve with your username, it's obvious from the outset you're not going to be able to have an opinion that's not completely stuck in one vague ideology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

Nodin, I am asking again.

Why did you lie about the nature of the chain of events in the video?

Why did you try and portray it as being a frustrated local Joe Public taking his frustration out on a bullying racist, rather than what it really was, a local Islamist radical approaching his car and then and striking him? Did you think nobody would bother googling this piece of dirts name?

Incidentally his name doesn't appear to be his birth name, it sounds like what they call a Kunya, a nom de guerre, a stage name for Salafists if you will. The name Saif al Islam translates as Sword of Islam. Nice bloke, clearly.

Why do you persist with this debunk crap regarding the New Year attacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why do you persist with this debunk crap regarding the New Year attacks?

Because much of what is being said has been shown to be untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

So you have no interest in addressing what I am asking? What "Muslim mass immigration" are you talking about exactly anyway? Refugees? Probably because there are a lot of people trying to get out of very bad situations.

As has been pointed out already, it isn't.
    Have you any interest in actually backing up your assertions or is it just going to be these sort of deflections?

ah yes, of course…thanks for clarifying that. and there i thought we were having a problem in europe…silly me…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Custard gannet will be taking a month off from here so you'll have a fair wait before getting a response.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Not ISIS, but Al Qaeda this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35332792

One eye witness spoke of how the gunmen were shaking people they had shot to make sure they were dead, and if they were still alive they finished them off. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

bilston wrote: »
    Not ISIS, but Al Qaeda this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35332792

One eye witness spoke of how the gunmen were shaking people they had shot to make sure they were dead, and if they were still alive they finished them off. Horrendous.

We need to look at how we can stop these lunatics. I know it's not fair, but if you are going to fight for ISIS or Al Qaeda, then governments should be able to target their families. This would put off a lot of suicide bombers and lunatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

edgecutter wrote: »
    We need to look at how we can stop these lunatics. I know it's not fair, but if you are going to fight for ISIS or Al Qaeda, then governments should be able to target their families. This would put off a lot of suicide bombers and lunatics.

Ah now, ISIS/IS/ISIL/whatever members have been known to execute their own mothers, so that won't work!

.....yes, because people who believe in religious martyrdom to the extent of using themselves as a portable bomb have a problem with family being killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

https://youtu.be/SgKMI1wV0ps?t=465
    This is what happens when you arrest the sister of a terrorist who set off a bomb in Stockholm. Apparently the police are terrorising muslims by arresting her.

"British police go to hell!"

This is what happens when you arrest the sister of a terrorist who set off a bomb in Stockholm. Apparently the police are terrorising muslims by arresting her.

Doesn't have the catchiness of "what do we want?" "political status!" certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Black and Blue15

Absolutely. You go fight for isis then your family should be arrested and maybe deported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Strategically no one really knows what to do, that's clear enough. But tactically states have to stop waiting for the Islamists to strike before acting. The bolt-holes for affiliates are often known and yet they are left to their own devices most of the time. Its time to get pro-active and once starting an initiative keep going until the cell in question is wiped out.

[QUOTE=stefanovich;98437801youtu.be/SgKMI1wV0ps?youtu.be/SgKMI1wV0ps?t=465

"British police go to hell!"[/QUOTE]

Why are they allowed to stay? Round them up and deport them if they hate the UK. No doubt they're glad to claim all the benefits they can.

• Advertisement

Strategically no one really knows what to do, that's clear enough. But tactically states have to stop waiting for the Islamists to strike before acting. The bolt-holes for affiliates are often known and yet they are left to their own devices most of the time. Its time to get pro-active and once starting an initiative keep going until the cell in question is wiped out.
    I can't help thinking Trump might have a point. Is the answer to just stop accepting people from these terrorist hotspots?

Why are they allowed to stay? Round them up and deport them if they hate the UK. No doubt they're glad to claim all the benefits they can.
    They likely have British citizenship which would make deporting them a tad tricky.

I'd like to see them try something like this in Texas or Arizona. They would literally be shot dead.

They likely have British citizenship which would make deporting them a tad tricky.

I'd like to see them try something like this in Texas or Arizona. They would literally be shot dead.

Strip them of their citizenship and kick them out, citizenship should be conditional. And it's not as if there ever going to be British anyway. No doubt the UN would raise a fuss but what are they going to do, raise an army and invade Britain?

Having seen footage of black police helping protect a kkk rally, I somehow doubt it.

You seem to think shooting these people down in the street would somehow be an admirable thing, which is rather ironic given that's exactly what the Islamic extremists would do in a similar situation.

Nodin wrote: »
    Having seen footage of black police helping protect a kkk rally, I somehow doubt it.

You seem to think shooting these people down in the street would somehow be an admirable thing, which is rather ironic given that's exactly what the Islamic extremists would do in a similar situation.
    I don't think shooting them in the street would be admirable. I do however think that people in the southern states are fiercely patriotic and would not tolerate USA hating foreigners marching on their streets.

I don't think shooting them in the street would be admirable. I do however think that people in the southern states are fiercely patriotic and would not tolerate USA hating foreigners marching on their streets.

...you have a funny way of phrasing it if you don't like the thought of it, it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If only Bush hadn't invaded Burkina Faso for de oil, this attack wud never have happened today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

I saw this, the ideology is completely incomprehensible to me, they really have no idea how things should work in a normal society.

I would love to see a study done on the way the brain functions in a radicalised person - is it merely the effects of extreme brainwashing, is it indeed derived from religious belief or is there underlying issues such as attachment issues.

Nodin wrote: »
    ...you have a funny way of phrasing it if you don't like the thought of it, it has to be said.
    I was being matter of fact. If you had a protest like that in Phoenix you wouldn't last long.

• Advertisement

I was being matter of fact. If you had a protest like that in Phoenix you wouldn't last long.

...and again, if that were true, what would be admirable or worthy about such a fact. And don't please hit me with "I don't think shooting them on the street would be admirable", because you seem to have a fixation with the notion.

Advertisement