Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I have already read the full article ty...

why was his name changed to a more Arabic sounding name?

Oh f f sake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonym#Noms_de_guerre

h2005 wrote: »
    My head is hurting christ.

That moment when you realise you're having a heated internet argument with a 7 year old....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You know what scares me? Europeans think "sure, it's all happening over there, it doesn't affect my life" - but in Netherlands there have already been pro-ISIS demonstrations and an anti-ISIS demonstration was disrupted by pro-ISIS activists. The ISIS flag has been flown in London.
    NL is banning the ISIS flag but that won't make things go away, just drive them underground, and further fuel radical hatred of Western ways.

This means there is already support for this terrifying organisation in Europe. I don't know to what extent but it wouldn't surprise me if it grew and even that ISIS may send agents over to various European countries to radicalise disenfranchised youth, the stuff that has already been going on to supply Syria with more fighters.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

biko wrote: »
    You know what scares me? Europeans think "sure, it's all happening over there, it doesn't affect my life" - but in Netherlands there have already been pro-ISIS demonstrations and an anti-ISIS demonstration was disrupted by pro-ISIS activists. The ISIS flag has been flown in London.
    NL is banning the ISIS flag but that won't make things go away, just drive them underground, and further fuel radical hatred of Western ways.

This means there is already support for this terrifying organisation in Europe. I don't know to what extent but it wouldn't surprise me if it grew and even that ISIS may send agents over to various European countries to radicalise disenfranchised youth, the stuff that has already been going on to supply Syria with more fighters.

Aren't the Syrian Al-Qaeda-affiliated brigades, the ones who cut out and take bites out of the innards of Syrian soldiers, being funded and supplied by Washington?

Beheading is terrible but cannibalism is ok?
    Who are this ISIS gang anyway? Where did they come from? When did they establish themselves?
    And why would an Arab mob have an English name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

They are from an ISIS account. These are usually in Arabic but are often translated on the fly.

They have no choice but to treat their citizens fairly. Raqqah Christians agreed to pay the jizyah and are on relatively good terms with IS.

Historically Christian and Jewish minorities have lived in peace in the Muslim lands where in actual fact at times they were given refuge from European Crusaders. The Jews in Morocco settled there after they were expelled from Andalusia.

So if the Christians and other minorities have nothing to fear, why are they running away? And whose heads were those displayed by ISIS on stakes? People like you make ISIS sound like nice friendly people who wouldn't hurt anyone. They aren't, they are genocidal maniacs, I think that's been pretty well established at this point. They've already issued a decree to the Yazidi to convert or die.

And the fact they demand protection money from the Christians or they will kill them hardly indicates they are living peacefully side by side.

Lets be honest, Islam in its truest form preaches hatred of infidels and non believers and there is clear incitement to hatred and violence inherant in islam. Why do we tolerate the spread of this hate speach in the west? If similar hatred was spread against other ethnic minorities, many governments in the west would act.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

realweirdo wrote: »
    So if the Christians and other minorities have nothing to fear, why are they running away? And whose heads were those displayed by ISIS on stakes? People like you make ISIS sound like nice friendly people who wouldn't hurt anyone. They aren't, they are genocidal maniacs, I think that's been pretty well established at this point. They've already issued a decree to the Yazidi to convert or die.

And the fact they demand protection money from the Christians or they will kill them hardly indicates they are living peacefully side by side.

Lets be honest, Islam in its truest form preaches hatred of infidels and non believers and there is clear incitement to hatred and violence inherant in islam. Why do we tolerate the spread of this hate speach in the west? If similar hatred was spread against other ethnic minorities, many governments in the west would act.

What's the difference HOW people are killed or how they are threatened or terrorised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Irish anti war movement now condemning the US intervention against isis. The iraqi people have to sort this out themselves apparently. My god this really does beggar belief. So we just let those savages execute the Yazidi people and hope then the Iraqis sort it out themselves? ?? Actually maybe they have a point. .... Let's just send mick and clare over to sort it out. They seem to have all the answers

Irish anti war movement now condemning the US intervention against isis.

NO. You're joking. Right?

No joke. Just heard it in the latest news bulletin as well as one of their spokespeople. Just goes to prove they are more anti American than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Irish anti war movement now condemning the US intervention against isis. The iraqi people have to sort this out themselves apparently. My god this really does beggar belief. So we just let those savages execute the Yazidi people and hope then the Iraqis sort it out themselves? ?? Actually maybe they have a point. .... Let's just send mick and clare over to sort it out. They seem to have all the answers

These people have no shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Careful you don't damage your tinfoil hat there lad...

That right there is the refuge of every lazy argument going. "Conspiracy theory ===>"

There's a reason why we hear very little about some massacres, often involving tens if not hundreds of thousands, then another massacre gets full-blown coverage. The dogs of war need public outrage and a bogey man. Ladies and Gentlemen, today's bogeyman is ISIS. The last one was WMD and Al Quaeda.

Go back a bit, read the Boards hand-wringing over WMD and how many posters were 110% convinced they were both real and worthy of war. So now we'll get another huge War, this one to defeat ISIS. If it wasn't so deadly serious and utterly hateful, it would be amusing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why do you think there has to be a made up bogey man when groups like ISIS actually present a real threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Do you honesty believe that the US is bombing IS position to save the Yazidi's?

Have you forgotten that Obama did not even throw as much as a stone against Assad who killed more than 170 000 including 1000's of children?

What have these western powers done in CAR and in Burma where Muslims have been massacred by Christians and Buddhists?

So now all of a sudden America and her partners are genuinely concerned about some kurds trapped in a mountain.

This beggars belief.

realweirdo wrote: »

The beheadings are of enemy soldiers, mostly in Raqqah.

In Syria only a few Christians have fled from Raqqa. Most are quite content to live in an IS stronghold that is safe from Assad's genocidal attacks or from Rebel warlords. Raqqah is largely peaceful.

In Mosul, many Christians fled after IS took over but now are returning back and are willing to pay the Jizya - $80 per year as opposed to the zakat of 2.5 percent on wealth that Muslims have to pay for.

The Yazidi's are not from the People of the Book, so jizya is not an option with them. It is either conversion to Islam, exile or being fought against.

Buddhists throw babies in firepits, Massacre Muslims in Burma, Jews kill thousands in Gaza, Christians massacre and eat Muslims in CAR, Christian soldiers messed up Iraq when they invaded, raped and murdered thousands in 2004 and ONLY Muslims are violent???

I have already read the full article ty...

why was his name changed to a more Arabic sounding name?

It's called a kunya and indictaes filial ties.

Abu means Father of, Umm means mother of, Ibn means Son of and Bint means daughter of..

So one could become Abu Paddy or Ibn Declan, for example. Not actually an arabic thing per say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

In Syria only a few Christians have fled from Raqqa. Most are quite content to live in an IS stronghold that is safe from Assad's genocidal attacks or from Rebel warlords. Raqqah is largely peaceful.

In Mosul, many Christians fled after IS took over but now are returning back and are willing to pay the Jizya - $80 per year as opposed to the zakat of 2.5 percent on wealth that Muslims have to pay for.

The Yazidi's are not from the People of the Book, so jizya is not an option with them. It is either conversion to Islam, exile or being fought against.

Buddhists throw babies in firepits, Massacre Muslims in Burma, Jews kill thousands in Gaza, Christians massacre and eat Muslims in CAR, Christian soldiers messed up Iraq when they invaded, raped and murdered thousands in 2004 and ONLY Muslims are violent???

Sounds to me that you are spending a LOT of time on Jihadist websites? Sure it's less than the price of a TV license. A great bunch of lads when you get to know them.....

LorMal wrote: »
    Sounds to me that you are spending a LOT of time on Jihadist websites? Sure it's less than the price of a TV license. A great bunch of lads when you get to know them.....

I wouldn't call twitter a jihadist website. There you can find real time news account as it happens even before it is reported by the Mainstream Media. People from all backgrounds, Journalists celebrities, politicians, jihadists, rebels and whatnot follow each other and exchange information.

I have a keen interest in politics and war. Other people like watching grown men kick a round ball on a field for 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

I wouldn't call twitter a jihadist website. There you can find real time news account as it happens even before it is reported by the Mainstream Media. People from all backgrounds, Journalists celebrities, politicians, jihadists, rebels and whatnot follow each other and exchange information.

I have a keen interest in politics and war. Other people like watching grown men kick a round ball on a field for 90 minutes.[/QUOTE

Or a head.

Here is a brilliantly written article for those who are still overawed by Obama's hypocrisy : US and genocide: Who gets bombed, who gets saved? http://.http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/08/us-genocide-who-gets-bombed-who-201481081034764368.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Careful you don't damage your tinfoil hat there lad...

ok, can you tell me how ISIS have over-ran the strategic Mosul region, the site of the world’s most prolific oil-fields, with barely a shot fired in resistance.

Remember last year, Syrian oil field’s were been seized by an Al-Qaeda affiliate, which would directly benefit the wider corporate interests of the West.

ok, can you tell me how ISIS have over-ran the strategic Mosul region, the site of the world’s most prolific oil-fields, with barely a shot fired in resistance.

Remember last year, Syrian oil field’s were been seized by an Al-Qaeda affiliate, which would directly benefit the wider corporate interests of the West.

IS has seized most of those Syrian oil fields.

How does this benefit the big oil companies when they sell oil and gas to their citizens for a fraction of the price that big oil sells it for. During Ramadan they actually gave gas for free to the needy.

There was some fighting in Mosul. IS is widely feared in the region due to their fighting abilities couple with sheer ruthlessness against enemy combatants. They also have a very professional media campaign. A couple of months before the Mosul conquest, IS released a video that showcases their attacks on the Iraqi army - drive by shootings, sniping and targeted assassinations. This induced fear into the Iraqi Army. So when ISIS conquered Mosul they gave the soldiers a choice. You either flee or you will be slaughtered. They get paid $100 per month and all 30 000 of them did a cost benefit analysis, so they fled.

Doesn't sound like a conspiracy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

That's a sound investment alright, eighty bucks or we'll cut your head off. Can't say fairer than that really can you at the end of the day?

Nobody is saying violence is unique to Muslims, simply that this particular band of Muslims are a shower of evil fascistic loopers. Is that so hard to admit like? I haven't met any Muslim who supports these crackpots, they're as disgusted with them as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Because the poorly trained army in Iraq chose to run away rather then fight and some defected to IS while the local population, disenfranchised by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki crony politics that favoured Shia's were at best ambivilant to the IS takover, that and the fact that it's a remote, sparce part of the world where a few battle hardened fighters can move about with impunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can you please point out who is saying 'ONLY Muslims are violent'?

Normal, well rounded people condemn those who commit atrocities like the ones being committed by ISIS at the moment.

Would you rather people said nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Do you honesty believe that the US is bombing IS position to save the Yazidi's?

Have you forgotten that Obama did not even throw as much as a stone against Assad who killed more than 170 000 including 1000's of children?

What have these western powers done in CAR and in Burma where Muslims have been massacred by Christians and Buddhists?

So now all of a sudden America and her partners are genuinely concerned about some kurds trapped in a mountain.

This beggars belief.
    There was no way Putin was going to agree with the US getting involved in Syria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Yes isn't it terrible we all don't swallow your party line. So some posters exposed you in another thread? You just need to move on man. Thankfully most peoeple aren't apologists for, nor can they stomach the savagery of the IDF. The same way they aren't apologists for, nor can they stomach the savagery of ISIS. Yes ISIS are a bit more primitive & unsophisticated with their hate. But the parallels between both are the same. Women, Children, the elderly, hospitals, medical staff, ambulances ect ect.. all are legitimate targets to both of them. The world would certainly be a more peaceful and happier place, without both sets of extremists.

lol @ your username though.

FTA69 wrote: »
    That's a sound investment alright, eighty bucks or we'll cut your head off. Can't say fairer than that really can you at the end of the day?

Nobody is saying violence is unique to Muslims, simply that this particular band of Muslims are a shower of evil fascistic loopers. Is that so hard to admit like? I haven't met any Muslim who supports these crackpots, they're as disgusted with them as anyone else.

Lol...It's not quite as dramatic as you say.

Refusal to pay is not an automatic death sentence. They are fought. This does not translate into killed.

What actually makes them evil.

Cutting heads off enemy combatants?
    - Well, bombs have a propensity to dismember and decapitate your enemy combatants so all armies are evil.

Levying a 2% tax on Christian, Jewish and Zoroastrian citizens.
    - Muslims pay more than that in the annual zakat tax.
    - Western taxes are exorbitantly high - income tax, sales tax, customs tax, inheritance tax, tax on tax so therefore all
    governments are evil.

Exiling a community based on their self proclaimed beliefs which involve devil worship.
    - Christians in CAR forced ALL the Muslims into exile and massacred thousands.
    - Buddhists in Burma are still massacring Muslims and throwing their babies into fire pits.

Who gets to define what evil is?
    Obama, Cameron, Daily Mail, The Sun?

• Advertisement

Can't believe you're somehow trying to excuse their actions.

Advertisement