Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Lol...It's not quite as dramatic as you say.

Refusal to pay is not an automatic death sentence. They are fought. This does not translate into killed.

What actually makes them evil.

Cutting heads off enemy combatants?
    - Well, bombs have a propensity to dismember and decapitate your enemy combatants so all armies are evil.

Levying a 2% tax on Christian, Jewish and Zoroastrian citizens.
    - Muslims pay more than that in the annual zakat tax.
    - Western taxes are exorbitantly high - income tax, sales tax, customs tax, inheritance tax, tax on tax so therefore all
    governments are evil.

Exiling a community based on their self proclaimed beliefs which involve devil worship.
    - Christians in CAR forced ALL the Muslims into exile and massacred thousands.
    - Buddhists in Burma are still massacring Muslims and throwing their babies into fire pits.

Who gets to define what evil is?
    Obama, Cameron, Daily Mail, The Sun?

Not you. That's for sure…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Can't believe you're somehow trying to excuse their actions.

People will excuse any horror to reinforce their own agenda or beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Can't believe you're somehow trying to excuse their actions.

I am merely stating facts and asking questions that demand critical thought.

America and Britain lied to the world and then attacked Iraq and murdered hundreds of thousands of Muslims.

The government that they installed have been raping women in prisons and torturing sunni prisoners to death.

Against this backdrop o you honestly expect me to follow the party line and say IS are evil so let's bomb them?

Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Who gets to define what evil is?
    Obama, Cameron, Daily Mail, The Sun?

It's primarily the 'region' that will take the most action in this so it dosnt matter.

do you honestly expect me to follow the party line and say IS are evil

Your free to hold the contrarian view & support ISIS... Free will & all that.

• Advertisement

h2005 wrote: »
    There was no way Putin was going to agree with the US getting involved in Syria.

He didn't agree with US getting involved in Iraq in 2004 either, but that didn't stop them right.

The point is that Europe, America, Gulf Arab states and Israel prefer the genocidal Assad regime, (who has forcibly exiled millions of Sunni Muslims,) to stay in power than the Islamists, or even moderate Islamist and the jihadis. So all they do is pay lip service and pretend to care to give them some semblance of decency before the ignorant masses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

He didn't agree with US getting involved in Iraq in 2004 either, but that didn't stop them right.

The point is that Europe, America, Gulf Arab states and Israel prefer the genocidal Assad regime, (who has forcibly exiled millions of Sunni Muslims,) to stay in power than the Islamists, or even moderate Islamist and the jihadis. So all they do is pay lip service and pretend to care to give them some semblance of decency before the ignorant masses.

As one of the ignorant masses, I hope the US kicks seven shades of ****e out of ISIS.
    But that's just me being cranky.

LorMal wrote: »
    As one of the ignorant masses, I hope the US kicks seven shades of ****e out of ISIS.
    But that's just me being cranky.

Now don't you get your hopes too high.

America's finest ran away from Iraq after only five years of getting their a***s kicked.

Even the weapons that they're supplying the peshmergas is bound to find its way into IS hands.

Maybe they should just stay put where they are and protect their own borders from illegal alien children and marauding Mexican drug cartels.

Maybe they should just stay put where they are and protect their own borders from illegal alien children and marauding Mexican drug cartels.

In the absence of other countries & especially Iraq stepping up to the plate I'm glad the US is raining hell down on ISIS.

Hopefully the tide will turn on the ISIS insanity sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Russia have interests in Syria and have connections with Assad. Very different to Iraq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Now don't you get your hopes too high.

America's finest ran away from Iraq after only five years of getting their a***s kicked.

Even the weapons that they're supplying the peshmergas is bound to find its way into IS hands.

The US and UK have been fighting these scumbags with one hand tied behind their backs for years

hopefully now with public backing the gloves will come off and the west can show what they are really capable of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

I am merely stating facts .....
    Exiling a community based on their self proclaimed beliefs which involve devil worship.

Right there. Ye little one man propaganda machine just broke itself.

So, the Yazidi's are on that mountain, right now, praying for their lord, 'Satan' to come and get them? GTFO.

nvm...

Ditch wrote: »
    Right there. Ye little one man propaganda machine just broke itself.

So, the Yazidi's are on that mountain, right now, praying for their lord, 'Satan' to come and get them? GTFO.

lol... You can't make this up mate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1560714/The-Devil-worshippers-of-Iraq.html

US and UK scumbag murderers have already said no boots on the ground and that is with public backing.

With their economies in tatters and traumatized suicidal soldiers still recovering from a hellish nightmare, the lack the budget and motivation to face IS.

Besides, its none of their business.
    Would you consider yourself as a supporter of ISIS?

Would you consider yourself as a supporter of ISIS?

Not a supporter of ISIS.

Why don't you concern yourself with my posts rather than my person.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What is the plan for the middle east? Surely the USA are not so stupid as to believe they were going to liberate it, and all this instability is planned chaos. Where do you think this will end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What context would that be?

Not a supporter of ISIS.

Why don't you concern yourself with my posts rather than my person.
    Your posts strike me as being at best apologist.

• Advertisement

Your posts strike me as being at best apologist.

There are dozens of western analysts who observe the same facts as I do. Does that make them all ISIS supporters or apologists?

Can you not accept the fact that not everybody who buys into cheap MSM propaganda is an ISIS supporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Using religion to condone sexual torture thrills

Nodin wrote: »
    What context would that be?

Since that event relations between the Sunnis and Yazidis have taken a turn for the worse.

Sinjar, the town where the Yazidis were exiled from was renamed to Dua after the killed that was murdered by the Yazidis.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a fecking mess alright but it's clear that ISIS, if not stopped, will continue rolling and may quite be a serious threat to Europe (where I live and care most about) in fact radical islam has been a threat to Europe for a long time.
    In this case I choose the lesser of two evils and side with the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Apparently there are 150 Australians over in the middle east fighting in this war. There have been reports that one can buy pro ISIS paraphernalia in Sydney suburbs as well over the weekend. The government are investigating a possibility of taking away peoples passports if they are found to be involved with ISIS or other Islamic terrorist movements.

The Australian newspaper published a photo showing a 5 year old who was raised in Sydney's West holding up a decapitated head.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/thats-my-boy-sharrouf-kids-witness-wars-horror/story-e6frg8yo-1227019872823?nk=71b2dfa612d3bc1c0699c671806ea4dc *Warning*

Countries with big muslims populations will have similar notions no doubt and it does raise the question how one can possibly marry two vastly different value systems. I used to be sceptic of the whole 'war on terror' mantra but recent events have made me sit up and take notice and wonder if there is something fundamentally different between the West and those who prioritise islamic values over all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Since that event relations between the Sunnis and Yazidis have taken a turn for the worse.

Sinjar, the town where the Yazidis were exiled from was renamed to Dua after the killed that was murdered by the Yazidis.

I'm sure they have, but wtf does that have to do with ISIS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

What? That a westerner looks, up close and personal, into their beliefs and concludes that they worship the boss of angels, who gets on fine with god. And who they visualise in the form of a bird? I have no problem with that.

Isis see them simply as infidels. You're either Isis or you're an infidel. They'd consider roman catholics infidels. The Anglican Satanist Church infidels. Atheists infidels.

But, if someone who doesn't understand or particularly like the Yazidi's form of faith calls it " Devil Worship ", That's the label you grab at? No. Sorry. That just don't float.

Besides, Isis are islamists. Islamists don't recognise the christian concept of god. If ye don't believe in god, how can ye then profess to believe in his opposite number?

Ye can't have up without accepting there's a down. Ipso facto, isis wouldn't even recognise the concept of " Devil Worship ". They'd just see non isis. Infidels.

That, not entirely unbalanced, bit of reportage there upheld that pretty well.

Now, you can go ahead and act as chief apologist for isis till the mythical vision of " Hell " freezes over. But, for me? I'm finished listening. Ye've tried, all along, to come over as a very well informed and balanced person, offering a view.

But, I see ye actually trying to slip in some bull too, when ye need to prop up ye argument.

In the immortal words Eric Idle, at Drury Lane: " Nice try, Karl Marx ....! ".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

When will the first lawyer sue the US/UK governments for not granting him his proper human rights?
    The only way that the evil of IS can be destroyed is by the same level of evilness. I wouldn't want any family member of mine going into that battle while having to following "western rules of civilised engagement"!

So they venerate a fallen angel who reconciled with god .... amongst other things they venerate.

So tap-dancing what?

Are you implying ISIS are legitimate in wanting to butcher these people?

• Advertisement

Isis see them simply as infidels. You're either Isis or you're an infidel. They'd consider roman catholics infidels. The Anglican Satanist Church infidels. Atheists infidels.

[/I]

I am afraid you have it all wrong sir.

Not all infidels are the same.

Christians, Jews and Zorastrians are considered to be people of the book, who have special relations with Muslims.

Religious groups outside of this are treated differently.
    But, if someone who doesn't understand or particularly like the Yazidi's form of faith calls it " Devil Worship ", That's the label you grab at? No. Sorry. That just don't float.

[/I]

There are many kurds who know these people and who have claimed the same thing.
    Besides, Isis are islamists. Islamists don't recognise the christian concept of god. If ye don't believe in god, how can ye then profess to believe in his opposite number?

[/I]

The Christian concept of God is one of a Creator, Sustainer, Provider, Alpha, Omega . Muslims share the same concept. They do not believe that Jesus is the son of God or in the trinity.

What does this discussion have to do with the Christian concept of god. Yazidis are not a christian sect?

Advertisement