Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

I am afraid you have it all wrong sir.

Not all infidels are the same.

Christians, Jews and Zorastrians are considered to be people of the book, who have special relations with Muslims.

Religious groups outside of this are treated differently.

There are many kurds who know these people and who have claimed the same thing.

The Christian concept of God is one of a Creator, Sustainer, Provider, Alpha, Omega . Muslims share the same concept. They do not believe that Jesus is the son of God or in the trinity.

What does this discussion have to do with the Christian concept of god. Yazidis are not a christian sect?
    So **** them.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

So they venerate a fallen angel who reconciled with god .... amongst other things they venerate.

So tap-dancing what?

Are you implying ISIS are legitimate in wanting to butcher these people?

Oh dear. Such provocative questions. Are you on a witch hunt?

The question was actually whether the allegations that these people are devil worshipers have any merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

The question was actually whether the allegations that these people are devil worshipers have any merit.

You can create a thread about that if you wish.

Does any part of you feel ISIS are legitimate in their desire to exterminate the Yazidi people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

What does this discussion have to do with the Christian concept of god. Yazidis are not a christian sect?

What does it have to do with " Devil Worship " ?

(That's really a rhetorical question. Ye whole point of view is now non void, to me. I asked ye One simple question and ye tried to blow ninja powder in my eyes. Nice try .....)

^ I don't think that their desire is to exterminate them so your whole premise is faulty.

• Advertisement

^ I don't think that their desire is to exterminate them so your whole premise is faulty.

Well it ain't a tickling campaign.

Do you think ISIS are legitimate in taking any Yazidi lives, however few or many?

^ In the context of the fighting that is going on between Kurds, Shias and Sunnis, all sides have a legitimate right to kill each other in self defense.

^ In the context of the fighting that is going on between Kurds, Shias and Sunnis, all sides have a legitimate right to kill each other in self defense.

Ooh.... Nearly there.

What evidence can you provide that the Yazidi people have attacked ISIS militia or facilities, thus warranting this "self defense" as you put it?

Are ISIS legitimate (in your opinion) in their threat to kill 40,000+ Yazidi & Christian mwm, women & children huddled on a mountain side.

^ Peshmerga and IS began hostilities a few weeks ago.

Some Peshmerga fighters were based in Sinjar and when ISIS attacked them they deserted their positions and left the civilians alone. The civilians became paranoid and left by themselves. There is a video clip where a Yazidi woman says so.

I already said that they have not made any such threat and that your premise is faulty. Why ask the same question twice?

This tweet underscores the rank hypocrisy in Western Media.

I love the media's sudden concern for Iraqi Christians. As if they give a damn when American and Israeli bombs slaughter Arab Christians: ASA Winsley - investigative journalist.

• Advertisement

Some Peshmerga fighters were based in Sinjar and when ISIS attacked them they deserted their positions and left the civilians alone. The civilians became paranoid and left by themselves.

So.... Trolling aside, Do you genuinely consider the Christian & Yazidi populations fleeing Sinjar an act of paranoia?

Do you think if they return to an ISIS controlled town, they will be fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This tweet underscores the rank hypocrisy in Western Media.

I love the media's sudden concern for Iraqi Christians. As if they give a damn when American and Israeli bombs slaughter Arab Christians: ASA Winsley - investigative journalist.

As this goes on, its harder and harder to know what you're on about.

So.... Trolling aside, Do you genuinely consider the Christian & Yazidi populations fleeing Sinjar an act of paranoia?

Do you think if they return to an ISIS controlled town, they will be fine?

As I indicated earlier Christians are perfectly fine in Raqqah due to the Islamic laws that govern their treatment.

In Iraq, most of the Christians are Arab and from Mosul. There was initially panic,due to IS's fearsome reputation but also due to propaganda by the Shia government and from Kurdish factions. Each have their own agendas.
    These are Arab Christians and not kurdish so the politics is quite different.

The Yazidis are Kurds and have thrown their lot in with the Peshmerga who are allied with America and Israel. They are staunchly anti Islam so I doubt that they would want to come back to IS controlled area. They have been forced into exile, same like the Muslims in CAR and in Burma.

Nodin wrote: »
    As this goes on, its harder and harder to know what you're on about.

The Tweep @AsaWinstanley is an investigative journo based from London and who works for the electronic intifida.

In his tweet he underscores the rank hypocrisy of Western Media who are going all out about the perceived threat to Iraqi's Christians, and in the process mixing lies with truth, yet their is no uproar or concern when Arab Christians are murdered in Palestine and Lebanon by American and Israeli bombs.

I hope that helps, Nodin.

The Tweep @AsaWinstanley is an investigative journo based from London and who works for the electronic intifida.

In his tweet he underscores the rank hypocrisy of Western Media who are going all out about the perceived threat to Iraqi's Christians, and in the process mixing lies with truth, yet their is no uproar or concern when Arab Christians are murdered in Palestine and Lebanon by American and Israeli bombs.

I hope that helps, Nodin.

No, as the fact that they're hypocrites doesn't mean ISIS aren't a shower of bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

No, as the fact that they're hypocrites doesn't mean ISIS aren't a shower of bastards.

Nodin, I find am agreeing to a lot of your posts. (Reminds me... I must adjust my medication)

I guess, if we are honest and we must endeavor to be so, one could say the same of those who swallow every lie, hook, line and sinker, fed to them by these hypocritical and dishonest Mainstream Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The Yasadis(sp?) who ISIS wee massacring arent christians, they're Zoroastrians(sp?), or some such sect arent they?

Phew. I'm sure they'll be relieved about that.

No doubt ISIS are just goofing around when they saw off kids heads huh? And they're just practicing when they bury people alive.

No exterminating though so its all in good fun.

In his tweet he underscores the rank hypocrisy of Western Media who are going all out about the ....

:confused:

Ah. Great. Of course we should mistrust ALL the western media.

Except for some "investigative journo" who works for the intifida (the "Electronic" version no less, so it must be totally legit.)

Perhaps you should explain why his journalist credentials trump ALL western media.

:confused:

(You know London is in the "west" right?)

• Advertisement

I guess, if we are honest and we must endeavor to be so, one could say the same of those who swallow every lie, hook, line and sinker, fed to them by these hypocritical and dishonest Mainstream Media.

The usual retort of the conspiracy theorist, who has to be right, because they can't be wrong.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The Yasadis(sp?) who ISIS wee massacring arent christians, they're Zoroastrians(sp?), or some such sect arent they?
    Phew. I'm sure they'll be relieved about that.

No doubt ISIS are just goofing around when they saw off kids heads huh? And they're just practicing when they bury people alive.

No exterminating though so its all in good fun.

You need to get with the program.

Both of these questions have been dealt with already.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Me?

Religion has ruined this beautiful world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

^ I don't think that ..... so your whole premise is faulty.

Phew.

InTheTrees; I'm afraid you're missing the more subtle point of USF's stance here ..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Me? wrote: »
    Religion has ruined this beautiful world.

Stalin

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Me?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Stalin

Always thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Would you consider Al-Jazeera mainstream western media?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/08/iraqi-yazidis-if-move-they-will-kill-us-20148513656188206.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

You really are anti West aren't you. Are you sure you're not at least an Islamic fundamentalist sympathiser? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

"ISIS is a standing army that requires state sponsorship - billions in cash, gear, weapons, and logistical, intelligence, and political support. While the West claims it has been handing over hundreds of millions to "moderates" in Syria, it has offered no plausible explanation as to who is providing ISIS and other Al Qaeda affiliates with even more resources enabling the extremists to displace these "moderates." There is no other explanation besides the fact that there were never any moderates to begin with and that the US, UK, France, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and even Israel, have from the beginning, intentionally created a mercenary army composed of Al Qaeda extremists of unprecedented dimensions and capabilities."

"Now, as the US feigns concern for religious minorities being slaughtered in front of the eyes of the world, it should be remembered that this conflict was engineered, set in motion, and perpetuated intentionally by the West for at least the last 7 years. The West knew the sectarian genocide now unfolding in Syria, Iraq, and soon in Lebanon was the inevitable result of their efforts to raise this regional mercenary force."

Interesting. :)

• Advertisement

"ISIS is a standing army that requires state sponsorship - billions in cash, gear, weapons, and logistical, intelligence, and political support. While the West claims it has been handing over hundreds of millions to "moderates" in Syria, it has offered no plausible explanation as to who is providing ISIS and other Al Qaeda affiliates with even more resources enabling the extremists to displace these "moderates." There is no other explanation besides the fact that there were never any moderates to begin with and that the US, UK, France, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and even Israel, have from the beginning, intentionally created a mercenary army composed of Al Qaeda extremists of unprecedented dimensions and capabilities."

Interesting. :)

Interesting? Why?

Utter nonsense conclusions.

The "west" hasnt offered "a plausile explanation" into who armed ISIS, therefore it must be the west???

Because there's "no other explanation"??

Its complete garbage. Blind speculation with a massive agenda to make the "west" be the bad guys.

Sounds like its been written by a ten year old.

Advertisement