Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

"ISIS is a standing army that requires state sponsorship - billions in cash, gear, weapons, and logistical, intelligence, and political support. While the West claims it has been handing over hundreds of millions to "moderates" in Syria, it has offered no plausible explanation as to who is providing ISIS and other Al Qaeda affiliates with even more resources enabling the extremists to displace these "moderates." There is no other explanation besides the fact that there were never any moderates to begin with and that the US, UK, France, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and even Israel, have from the beginning, intentionally created a mercenary army composed of Al Qaeda extremists of unprecedented dimensions and capabilities."

"Now, as the US feigns concern for religious minorities being slaughtered in front of the eyes of the world, it should be remembered that this conflict was engineered, set in motion, and perpetuated intentionally by the West for at least the last 7 years. The West knew the sectarian genocide now unfolding in Syria, Iraq, and soon in Lebanon was the inevitable result of their efforts to raise this regional mercenary force."

Interesting. :)

To what end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

mad muffin wrote: »
    To what end?

"Another outspoken ISIS critic has been Abdul Karim Krymsky, an ethnic Crimean Tatar and Salahuddin Shishani’s second-in-command in JMA. In March, Krymsky gave an interview to pro-CE site Sham News, in which he strongly criticized ISIS for their behavior toward civilians in Aleppo. Krymsky argues that ISIS’s violence and brutality toward local populations is not Islamic and is therefore inconsistent with ISIS’s stated ideology and goal of wanting to create an Islamic State:

When they resorted to demonstrations of brutality against the population, it doesn’t smell like Islam at all. And such a policy for those who supposedly want to build an Islamic State, it looks really strange.

You can, of course, intimidate civilians. They lived for years under fear and oppression. But when these same several thousand armed men try to intimate tens of thousands of armed men, it looks very illogical not to say stupid.

Any unbiased view sees an enormous gulf between the words “Islamic State” and the violent crimes that they did. Again, it is impossible to discern any common sense, not to mention sincerity, in these acts"

Another view - Not even some hard-line Jihadis are convinced that ISIS are genuinely fighting for the Muslim world. So what is the reasoning behind them? I believe they are being funded and promoted as a bogey-man to justify military action, like I said, WMD2. Or is Krymsky biased too?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Me? wrote: »
    Religion has ruined this beautiful world.

Nah, it was ruined by evolution, if only it had stopped at he Ape stage...

Saudi Arabia and Qatar helped create the Islamic State/ISIS monster.

These nations are not our allies, they are allies of our governments due to their oil resources and vast wealth.

They are a stain on humanity when one sees what they helped create in Syria and Iraq. I saw the pictures, one would have to question it humanity is progressing when one sees beheaded children, crucified men, a woman with her throat slit and being bled alive into a metal basin.
    The depths of depravity are as bad now in this world as they have ever been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

I'd still like to see their towels off .....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Another view - Not even some hard-line Jihadis are convinced that ISIS are genuinely fighting for the Muslim world. So what is the reasoning behind them? I believe they are being funded and promoted as a bogey-man to justify military action, like I said, WMD2. Or is Krymsky biased too?
    I don't see why any nation (...the US, who you're obviously implicating) would bother with such a brutal, complex and expensive false flag campaign to justify even more expensive intervention when they've made do with much less as a cause for intervention in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I don't see why any nation (...the US, who you're obviously implicating) would bother with such a brutal, complex and expensive false flag campaign to justify even more expensive intervention when they've made do with much less as a cause for intervention in the past.
    You don't understand. It's because they're evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Of course - its beyond ridiculous. The internet is a breeding ground for these conspiracy theorists. No burden of proof. As Nodin wrote earlier, it is impossible to argue with them - irrespective how outlandish the theory. In my experience, they don't want to listen to a reasonable argument - they will refuse to accept a logical, rational explanation (that's just being 'naive').
    Most of it seems to be focused on the USA.
    If the Americans were 10% as strategic and devious as these guy think, they would not have stumbled from foreign crisis to foreign crisis in the last 15 years. Alas, the truth is much more prosaic - they tend to be reactive, naive and slow footed when it comes to international affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

these fellas are off their rockers. watched a few of the videos and they seem completely devoid of humanity,just caught up in a psychotic murdering frenzy, i really don't think you can reason with people such as these. I wonder how or why some relatively wealthy men from places such as Britain and oz seem to be fighting for them? I don't buy that it's all for a love of Islam by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

LorMal wrote: »
    Alas, the truth is much more prosaic - they tend to be reactive, naive and slow footed when it comes to international affairs.

Yup. Slow footed is right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

expensive to one man is another mans profit ;)

follow the guns and you'll find terrorists, follow the money and you get the american war machine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

expensive to one man is another mans profit ;)

follow the guns and you'll find terrorists, follow the money and you get the american war machine!!
    So let me get this straight...

The American government encourages military conflict around the world to increase profits for American arms manufacturers?

That sounds like a needlessly difficult and risky way to make money. So needlessly difficult it's very easy to dismiss it as another bullshít conspiracy theory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

The American government encourages military conflict around the world to increase profits for American arms manufacturers?

That sounds like a needlessly difficult and risky way to make money. So needlessly difficult it's very easy to dismiss it as another bullshít conspiracy theory.

it's been proven over and over again that the us trains, funds, facilitates these crazies and yes it is a risky way to make money but those making it will never be at risk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Question for those apparently in the know. Been following the thread for a bit bit and cant see any direct evidence of political, economic or military support for ISIS and their stated aims.
    Who is actually supporting them on their way towards their ultimate aims? Do they have any popular support in the areas under their control?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The US acts to serve its own interests, always. A happy outcome of that is that they can then arm certain groups with their own wares.

There's nothing 'difficult' about it. There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of examples of the US politically supporting certain groups or militias, because it made geo-political sense for them to do so at the time, only for those same groups to later emerge as threats to the US..

And so the cycle continues...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Of course - its beyond ridiculous. The internet is a breeding ground for these conspiracy theorists. No burden of proof. As Nodin wrote earlier, it is impossible to argue with them - irrespective how outlandish the theory. In my experience, they don't want to listen to a reasonable argument - they will refuse to accept a logical, rational explanation (that's just being 'naive').
    Most of it seems to be focused on the USA.
    If the Americans were 10% as strategic and devious as these guy think, they would not have stumbled from foreign crisis to foreign crisis in the last 15 years. Alas, the truth is much more prosaic - they tend to be reactive, naive and slow footed when it comes to international affairs.

Whatever happened to Kony, or the Lord's Resistance Army, or all those kidnapped girls in Africa along with Michelle O. and her lame little "bring our girls back" scribbled photo? What happened to these guys? I thought they were the worst of the worst and the biggest threat since the last biggest threat to our "safety".

Egginacup wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Kony, or the Lord's Resistance Army, or all those kidnapped girls in Africa along with Michelle O. and her lame little "bring our girls back" scribbled photo? What happened to these guys? I thought they were the worst of the worst and the biggest threat since the last biggest threat to our "safety".
    Who ever said ISIS was a threat to us? Many (including myself) want to see these barbarians wiped out on humanitarian grounds and I'd be happy to contribute my tax in any way that would help.

Boko Haram are still one of the biggest showers of cnuts to grace the earth and yet no bombing or intervention. I guess the selective view hasn't selected them yet.

I referred to them earlier in this thread. Another shower of ****s. As far as I know the LRA and Kony are almost defunct.
    The US did send advisors into Nigeria to help hunt Boko Harem. That's one huge country and one huge mess and the Nigerian Gov is as corrupt as they come.

As for Michelle Obama, I think it's mean of you to mock. As as mother of teenage girls I am sure she was shocked and outraged by those kidnappings, as I was and as any parent would be.
    But it's the US, so you are going to sneer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

You just came to that conclusion recently, OP ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Who ever said ISIS was a threat to us? Many (including myself) want to see these barbarians wiped out on humanitarian grounds and I'd be happy to contribute my tax in any way that would help.

Do you feel that Israel are showing a similar lack of humanity towards the Palestinians?

• Advertisement

Do you feel that Israel are showing a similar lack of humanity towards the Palestinians?

Different thread.

I have the tin-foil hat on here again.. crazy conspiracy theories are flashing into my mind... here is the latest...

Boko Haram are a covert CIA operation - Washington Informer

There are armed and dangerous people in this world who call themselves Muslims who are not true Muslim believers at all, but rather are nothing more than barbarians. The Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria is just such a klavern.

If the trove of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of secret cables and messages from the files of the U.S. National Security Agency which were leaked to the website Wikileaks by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden are to be believed – and why shouldn’t they be believed? The U.S. is shape-shifting its security apparatus at this very minute from top to bottom, because its fiendish methods were exposed by the leaks of that patriotic whistleblower – then the Boko Haram are a creation of the CIA.

It seems that as far back as 2009, even before the U.S. overthrew the lawful government of Muammar Qaddafi in Libya, then stole his vast arsenal and spread those modern weapons to fighters all over Northern Africa; it seems that as far back as 2009 CIA documents were referring to the Boko Haram, even before they committed their first acts of lunacy. Then they burst onto the scene, almost succeeding in overthrowing the government of Mali.

Different thread.

there has been plenty of mention of Israel and Palestine in this thread already, and iit hasn't been an issue.... anyways, I was asking Iwasfrozen a question, we'll wait for him/her to answer. Thanks

It's even weirder than that. The theory is that America creates conflicts to create sales opportunities for American arms manufacturers. BUT the American Gov is apparently GIVING these arms to the warring factions. (according to our conspiracy theory friends - this is what we have been told)
    Maybe, it would be easier for the American Gov to just give the money direct to the Arms manufactures - cutting out the middle man (jihadists bent on the destruction of the USA).. I am a genius.

there has been plenty of mention of Israel and Palestine in this thread already, and iit hasn't been an issue.... anyways, I was asking Iwasfrozen a question, we'll wait for him/her to answer. Thanks

It was pointed out many times already - there are at least 2 other threads covering that conflict. It is not relevant to this discussion.

It's even weirder than that. The theory is that America creates conflicts to create sales opportunities for American arms manufacturers. BUT the American Gov is apparently GIVING these arms to the warring factions. (according to our conspiracy theory friends - this is what we have been told)
    Maybe, it would be easier for the American Gov to just give the money direct to the Arms manufactures - cutting out the middle man (jihadists bent on the destruction of the USA).. I am a genius.

naah, I'm 100% on this one. You're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Considering a portion of them came from western Europe, maybe even here as Irish residents have travelled to Syria and Libya to fight, id say its a very real threat to us.

naah, I'm 100% on this one. You're not.

I was joking.....thats a really childish comment.

Considering a portion of them came from western Europe, maybe even here as Irish residents have travelled to Syria and Libya to fight, id say its very real threat to us.

I think the threat to us may be economic in the first instance. Watch the price of oil rise and rise over the coming weeks

• Advertisement

Yes.

Advertisement