Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

tallus wrote: »
    I give up. A chicken doesn't have the same sense of self as a human does. It's not really a valid comparison.
    I stand by my comment that it takes a cold blooded type of individual to ch someone's head off. If you want to talk about chickens why not start a thread.

All executions are by its very nature cold blooded.

I'd imagine cold bloodedness is part of the job description of any soldier. They are usually trained to kill and when and where the situation arises execute their foe by any means necessary.

Even the drone bomb operator who views his target on a large HD screen and presses the trigger is cold blooded.

The main difference is that the beheader's experience is more intimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

That was my point exactly, it's intimate.
    If you think it takes as much nerve to press a button to release a bomb as it does to remove someone's head by your own hand then we will never agree.
    Ah far as I'm concerned Isis are pure scum, as is anyone willing to behead a child or adult, regardless of the reason behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

John McCain poses for photo with a subset of the Syrian rebels, some of who are now with the ISIS.

That was my point exactly, it's intimate.
    If you think it takes as much nerve to press a button to release a bomb as it does to remove someone's head by your own hand then we will never agree.
    Ah far as I'm concerned Isis are pure scum, as is anyone willing to behead a child or adult, regardless of the reason behind it.

The allegation that IS beheaded children has been disproved.

It's far more scummy and cowardly to cold bloodedly murder children in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan from a drone base thousands of miles away in America than to do behead an enemy combatant whom you have caught before he could kill you.

All executions are by its very nature cold blooded.

I'd imagine cold bloodedness is part of the job description of any soldier. They are usually trained to kill and when and where the situation arises execute their foe by any means .

I would imagine that most modern armies are governed by strict rules too.
    Especially the ones from countries signed up to the Geneva convention, which kind of nullifies your point about soldiers being cold,blooded,getting the job done by any means possible. Especially when it concerns the rights of prisoners and civilians. This doesn't happen with Isis.

• Advertisement

John McCain poses for photo with a subset of the Syrian rebels, some of who are now with the ISIS.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

If I had to ask you for the names of these alleged defectors to IS you probably would not be able to even hazard a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

They're carrying out those beheadings to spread fear, a tactic that's worked well for them, and going by the evidence for sadistic kicks.

The allegation that IS beheaded children has been disproved.

It's far more scummy and cowardly to cold bloodedly murder children in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan from a drone base thousands of miles away in America than to do behead an enemy combatant whom you have caught before he could kill you.

We're talking about Isis though, and children are not enemy combatants.

We're talking about Isis though, and children are not enemy combatants.

So you still insist that IS beheads children. You're lowering the standard of the debate with unproven allegations.

Their brutality doesn't happen in a vacuum, so comparisons must be made with other acts of brutality to better understand the psychology of what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

So you still insist that IS beheads children. You're lowering the standard of the debate with unproven allegations.

Their brutality doesn't happen in a vacuum, so comparisons must be made with other acts of brutality to better understand the psychology of what is happening.

Classic whataboutery and distraction techniques dressed up as pseudo psychology. ISIS are demanding conversion or death for infidels. If you are lucky you might get away with paying the jizya, for the moment. Essentially that equates to a fine for being a non-Sunni muslim, death or running for your life. Depending on your current religion you might get no choice and just get death, often in gruesome circumstances.

But hey, look at those other guys over there......

• Advertisement

It's not really a debate, just you getting your dogmatic points across, and not really considering any other point of view to be valid.
    Regardless of Whether Isis are beheading children or not, they are beheading people which does not appear to be in dispute.
    From that end, I think the sooner we see and end to them the better for humanity.

It's not really a debate, just you getting your dogmatic points across, and not really considering any other point of view to be valid.
    Regardless of Whether Isis are beheading children or not, they are beheading people which does not appear to be in dispute.
    From that end, I think the sooner we see and end to them the better for humanity.

I called you out about your unproven allegation and now you're getting cranky.

How about we see the end of violence in it's entirety.

We could start with the violence of the IDF and US Army and the violence of IS and the Buddhist monks in Burma and the Christian militia in CAR and maybe finish off with the Shia death squads in Baghdad or even the Mexican drug cartels.

After that we could all hold hands, sing Gumbaya and feel all warm and fuzzy.

Anyways, I think that this discussion has for me , run its course.

Thank's for your contributions.

It's a pity you had to get personal.
    That's something I haven't done.

It's a pity you had to get personal.
    That's something I haven't done.

I felt like you undermined my contribution when you said:

It's not really a debate, just you getting your dogmatic points across,

Nevertheless, I apologize for my remark about you getting cranky.

I felt like you undermined my contribution when you said:

It's not really a debate, just you getting your dogmatic points across,

Nevertheless, I apologize for my remark about you getting cranky.

Apology accepted, and thank you.

For the record I felt no animosity, sorry if it came across that way.

We could start with the violence of the IDF and US Army and the violence of IS and the Buddhist monks in Burma and the Christian militia in CAR and maybe finish off with the Shia death squads in Baghdad or even the Mexican drug cartels.

The Sunni Muslim MOPE list in all its glory. The Mexican drug cartel reference was a poor distraction really.

Think of all the horrors in the current world, what non-(Sunni) Muslim would even think twice about CAR Christian militias or Burmese monks. Your agenda and indoctrination seems quite clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Ditch wrote: »
    Here's a straight and genuine question I'd be interested in learning the answer to, please:

Why is it that, in practically All the visual coverages I see of " ISIS ", 99% of the f**kers have their faces covered. Or, the actual imagery is post pixelated?

WTF's That all about :confused:

Thanks.
    ..... Still leaves the question of why these special soldiers of god feel the need to hide their identities as they enthusiastically go about His work though :confused:
    I'd still like to see their towels off .....

Asked a mate of mine about this, today. Now, this is a guy I Really shouldn't try to discuss anything beyond the weather with. Because, I depend on him like no one else. He sells me my Dogs food.

However, he has this bent to his nature where by he'll twist like an eel on the hook, in defence of just about Anyone. He's even ranted and raved in defence of f**king Paedophiles! :eek:

Today then, I asked him the, above, simple question. 'Why do the isis guys always keep their faces hidden?'

" To keep the sand off. " He countered :rolleyes: FFFS!

Before I knew it, he's banging on about how Tuareg tribesmen always cover their faces. (It never occurred to me to ask him is he thought all these **** were f**king Tuareg then. More's the pity. Though, then again, things could have got Overly heated ..... I need my Dogs meat)

But, there it is, look: I've been asking and asking. Here, there and where ever I go. I still can't get a straight and decent answer to my most basic of questions.

Why Do These isis Characters Always Hide Their Faces???

Anyone ....?

babaracus wrote: »
    The Mexican drug cartel reference was a poor distraction really.

That was just added for good measure.

Not sure where you're going with the agenda and indoctrination bit. Not really interested either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I think it's more your attempts to rationalize the murderous actions of a genocidal group through pedantic argument and blatant whatboutery getting the dude cranky, in fairness.

No-one here claimed that violent acts were exclusively the preserve of ISIS. Those are all valid points you mentioned, deserving of their own threads. But this thread is about ISIS.

Let's take it back to basics.

ISIS is embarking on a campaign of ethnic cleansing in the areas it controls. Minorities who have lived in these lands since before the foundation of Islam are being wiped out. ISIS has been using extreme violence, torture, rape and mutilation and propagandizing these depravities in order to spread fear among their enemies and the general populations of the countries they operate in for years. They are terrorizing, forcibly converting, displacing and executing anyone who doesn't conform to their narrow, murderous interpretation of Islam. This grouping of people includes but is not limited to Kurds, Shia Muslims, Christians and Yazidi. These are facts.

Their brutality, intolerance and expansionist ambition has gained them a long and diverse list of enemies and made for some bizarre bed fellows. Iran, Turkey, Assad's Syria, various Syrian rebels, USA, Hezbollah, Saudi Arabia, the Peshmerga, the Lebanon and even Al-Qaeda (FFS) are actively resisting ISIS to varying degrees.

ISIS allies? Boko Haram.

Even powers and organizations that despise the West simultaneously despise ISIS. This is proof of how sinister they truly are and proof that their evil is not an invention of the western media.

So, no more excuses. Just because violence occurs in other parts of the world does not mitigate the medieval brutality inflicted by ISIS on men, women and children for the crime of being different.

• Advertisement

Asked a mate of mine about this, today. Now, this is a guy I Really shouldn't try to discuss anything beyond the weather with. Because, I depend on him like no one else. He sells me my Dogs food.

However, he has this bent to his nature where by he'll twist like an eel on the hook, in defence of just about Anyone. He's even ranted and raved in defence of f**king Paedophiles! :eek:

Today then, I asked him the, above, simple question. 'Why do the isis guys always keep their faces hidden?'

" To keep the sand off. " He countered :rolleyes: FFFS!

Before I knew it, he's banging on about how Tuareg tribesmen always cover their faces. (It never occurred to me to ask him is he thought all these **** were f**king Tuareg then. More's the pity. Though, then again, things could have got Overly heated ..... I need my Dogs meat)

But, there it is, look: I've been asking and asking. Here, there and where ever I go. I still can't get a straight and decent answer to my most basic of questions.

Why Do These isis Characters Always Hide Their Faces???

Anyone ....?

lol..funniest post in this thread.

Not so sure, but I guess it is the foreign fighters who cover the faces as a security measure.

Excellent post Deadhand.

That was just added for good measure.

Not sure where you're going with the agenda and indoctrination bit. Not really interested either.

Thanks for proving my point. Exactly, it's the only thing on the list which is not a Sunni Muslim MOPEfest.

Which proves your agenda and indoctrination exactly. Hey I need to list the world's greatest current wars and violent acts. Forget Darfur, let's talk about Buddhist monks in Burma because that's what the Imam said was terrible.

MOPE = Most Oppressed People Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

babaracus wrote: »
    Thanks for proving my point. Exactly, it's the only thing on the list which is not a Sunni Muslim MOPEfest.

Which proves your agenda and indoctrination exactly. Hey I need to list the world's greatest current wars and violent acts. Forget Darfur, let's talk about Buddhist monks in Burma because that's what the Imam said was terrible.

MOPE = Most Oppressed People Ever.

And what have you got against a Sunni muslim mope list may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

lol..funniest post in this thread.

Not so sure, but I guess it is the foreign fighters who cover the faces as a security measure.

You Guess??? I'm So disappoint!!!

Please, no. Do come up with some example of some one else, some where else, at a complete tangent to this entire thread, slapping me down as a perfect twist to answer my question. Don't just fizzle out with pathetically " Loling " at me and Guessing.

At least throw us some handle off " twitter ", to name and address these individual " foreign fighters " and ..... ooh, yes! Show us pictures of them Without their towels round their heads :)

Don't start losing ground now.

Especially not after ye've said the thread had " Run its course " for ye.

Noblong wrote: »
    And what have you got against a Sunni muslim mope list may I ask?

It is self serving with many glaring omissions. And when somebody is trying to excuse or engage in whataboutery when using it in reference to the actions of ISIS animals it stinks.

DeadHand wrote: »
    I think it's more your attempts to rationalize the murderous actions of a genocidal group through pedantic argument and blatant whatboutery getting the dude cranky, in fairness.

No-one here claimed that violent acts were exclusively the preserve of ISIS. Those are all valid points you mentioned, deserving of their own threads. But this thread is about ISIS.

Let's take it back to basics.

ISIS is embarking on a campaign of ethnic cleansing in the areas it controls. Minorities who have lived in these lands since before the foundation of Islam are being wiped out. ISIS has been using extreme violence, torture, rape and mutilation and propagandizing these depravities in order to spread fear among their enemies and the general populations of the countries they operate in for years. They are terrorizing, forcibly converting, displacing and executing anyone who doesn't conform to their narrow, murderous interpretation of Islam. This grouping of people includes but is not limited to Kurds, Shia Muslims, Christians and Yazidi. These are facts.

Their brutality, intolerance and expansionist ambition has gained them a long and diverse list of enemies and made for some bizarre bed fellows. Iran, Turkey, Assad's Syria, various Syrian rebels, USA, Hezbollah, Saudi Arabia, the Peshmerga, the Lebanon and even Al-Qaeda (FFS) are actively resisting ISIS to varying degrees.

ISIS allies? Boko Haram.

Even powers and organizations that despise the West simultaneously despise ISIS. This is proof of how sinister they truly are and proof that their evil is not an invention of the western media.

So, no more excuses. Just because violence occurs in other parts of the world does not mitigate the medieval brutality inflicted by ISIS on men, women and children for the crime of being different.

Whoa....

Rationalizing that beheading an enemy combatant is as brutal as, if not less, than drone bombing from afar, does not mean I am rationalizing the actions of IS. There are several others who feel the same way about beheading.

I said earlier that I do not support ISIS. I come here under the large tent of objurgation and to shed light on the hypocritical nature of Western Media and Politicians.

I guess that just barging into a thread without reading prior posts leads one to make wild assumptions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

No-one took you seriously because it seemed like you were taking the piss.

They definitely ain't Tuaregs, the Tuaregs being a nomadic tribe largely contained to North Africa.

Maybe when on the road it is to keep the sand out...

More likely, being as they are a terrorist, criminal organization they wish to make it easier on themselves to melt back into the general population when ISIS does finally meet it's well deserved demised. They don't want hard proof of their time brutalizing the defenseless existing.

DeadHand wrote: »
    No-one took you seriously because it seemed like you were taking the piss.

They definitely ain't Tuaregs, the Tuaregs being a nomadic tribe largely contained to North Africa.

Maybe when on the road it is to keep the sand out...

More likely, being as they are a terrorist, criminal organization they wish to make it easier on themselves to melt back into the general population when ISIS does finally meet it's well deserved demised. They don't want hard proof of their time brutalizing the defenseless existing.

They were ordered just last week not to cover their faces so that if they commit any crimes against civilians they can be identified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

You have no idea what you are talking about.

If I had to ask you for the names of these alleged defectors to IS you probably would not be able to even hazard a guess.

all their names are on the website from which I took the image, and to be honest, I couldn't be ar$ed going looking it up again. I saw their names and it meant nothing to me.

My point is, if that photo of McCain posing with Syrian rebels is authentic, (and please remember that the Syrian rebels are guilty of crimes as heinous as ISIS), then the whole thing is a joke... McCain was already caught playing poker on his iPhone during the Senate committee hearing on Syria, so you can see how seriously he takes it.

Advertisement