Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

More waffle.

Give me solid facts. Not conjecture or fears. Solid facts please.

80 yazidi men massacred yesterday and more women kidnapped according to sky news. What would you call that? A tragic isis mistake??

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

80 yazidi men massacred yesterday and more women kidnapped according to sky news. What would you call that? A tragic isis mistake??

According to rupert murdochs sky news?

ISIS issued a statement refuting that any girls were taken, adding that it is forbidden to take yazidi girls as slave girls.

If the massacre of men happened then the only way to describe it would be a massacre. Why would anyone think of it as a mistake?

Turns out it was actually closer to 400 men massacred. And remaining women and girls kidnapped. Why are there no Islamic clerics speaking out against this here in Ireland or Europe? Isis claim to be the real deal when it comes to Islam so why is it gone all quiet on the Muslim front?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

I've been following a few ISIS members on twitter and they're categorically denying any involvement in the abduction of the Zyezidi women and of the massacre. They claim to kill only opposition fighters and they are putting the blame on those horrific pictures of murdered children firmly at the door of the Assad regime. It is really hard to get a clear picture on the whole set up but I would lean more towards Assad than ISIS. I would hate to be a Syrian right now, who would you like to have control you?? :/
    They've also disputed claims that they're being funded by the west or trained by Mossad. They've been asked numerous times about Palestine and they claim that Hamas have messed up by trying the democratic approach and that one of their aims is to take on Israel (that'll be fun!). Most if the ones I'm following seem to have came from the UK to join up!. Very interesting times ahead, they show no mercy to their opponents but I do believe there is a lot of propaganda put out about them too. I suppose we have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Why are there no Islamic clerics speaking out against this here in Ireland or Europe? Isis claim to be the real deal when it comes to Islam so why is it gone all quiet on the Muslim front?

Ah, this old nonsense. Amazed that people are still using this one.

You have Internet access and the information you want isn't hard to find:

British Imams Condemn ISIS

It interesting that this nonsense is always stated, when the information being asked for is a quick internet search away.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

At least they are doing something. Extremist Islam should be tackled everywhere and annihilated. Good to hear cameron talking tough this morning but he needs to follow it up with tough action too. Pity Europe isn't contributing militarily in a big way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭NewYork1979

Have Saudi Arabia said anything at all yet about ISIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Kurdish forces backed by US air strikes were close to encircling the strategic Mosul dam as they bid to retake it from the islamic state.

Now it's just a matter of arranging the meeting between the sunni islamic terrorists and alah. The snackbar is about to open.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/599b562e-25f8-11e4-9bca-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3AeqzmWJq

Hopefully the dam will remain intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Turns out it was actually closer to 400 men massacred. And remaining women and girls kidnapped. Why are there no Islamic clerics speaking out against this here in Ireland or Europe? Isis claim to be the real deal when it comes to Islam so why is it gone all quiet on the Muslim front?

There are many people speaking out against ISIS, even other jihadis are condemning them.

• Advertisement

Have Saudi Arabia said anything at all yet about ISIS?

Looks like the saudis are all for a good clean up of the problems in the middle east

Prince Bandar bin Sultan, once the powerful Saudi ambassador in Washington and head of Saudi intelligence until a few months ago, had a revealing and ominous conversation with the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove. Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/iraq-crisis-how-saudi-arabia-helped-isis-take-over-the-north-of-the-country-9602312.html

I see the threat to Israel as a bigger problem. Jordan is also at risk due to its meddling. If ISIS even steps a foot in Jordan then Israel will attack.

Will Israel attack ISIS or Jordan?

Why would Israel get involved when it's muslim killing muslim, win win for Israel.

old_aussie wrote: »

Why would Israel get involved when it's muslim killing muslim, win win for Israel.

Too close to their Borders for their liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Yes - you're right - Israel will do nothing; allowing an extremist Islamic organization to build their Caliphate right up to the Jordan River.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

You've lost the argument & are clutching at straws now mate. Just bow out with dignity.

I misread an unclear post and was gracious enough to apologise and correct my error. That was but one small aspect of the discussion.

I'm not sure how winning/losing an argument can be measured here, but I doubt a majority of readers would deem me to have "lost".

Either way, that was a fairly feeble contribution on your part.

Do you have anything relevant to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

According to rupert murdochs sky news?

ISIS issued a statement refuting that any girls were taken, adding that it is forbidden to take yazidi girls as slave girls.

If the massacre of men happened then the only way to describe it would be a massacre. Why would anyone think of it as a mistake?

ISIS are a more trustworthy news source than sky news?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

I hope the ISIS would be defeated as we dont want idiots like them forcing their distorted religious and political views on people

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

DeadHand wrote: »

Cant trust Murdoch as he founded Fox news or the ISIS as theyre lunatics

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

Looks like the saudis are all for a good clean up of the problems in the middle east

Prince Bandar bin Sultan, once the powerful Saudi ambassador in Washington and head of Saudi intelligence until a few months ago, had a revealing and ominous conversation with the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove. Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/iraq-crisis-how-saudi-arabia-helped-isis-take-over-the-north-of-the-country-9602312.html

Well they would say that wouldn't they.

Sunnis make up about 75% of the Islamic faith. And they are far from the downtrodden majority. Especially not in Saudi.....

Of course both the Shia and Sunni Muslim factions differ over who succeeded the, possibly non-existent, 7th century caravan raider Mohammed. Was it Ali or Abu Bakr? Really a solid foundation for falling out as you can see. Religion is stupid.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Who knows?
    Why wouldn't they be?
    You never heard of "ISIS" until a few months ago and all that was from Sky News or BBC or CNN.

I've never heard a word from this mythical ISIS crowd, and everything Sky News puts out is dubious anyway.

Sky News reported that Ukraine has been invaded by Russian convoys and that Kiev forces destroyed a large part of said convoy. Again....not a shred of evidence.

One does get sick and tired of the fakery and bogus reports and then sans evidence one is met with derision.

If Guardian and Times correspondents have reported on a Kiev attack upon Russian convoys and that attack never happened nor the convoy ever existed then the Western Press is completely and utterly without credibility.

But back to ISIS....1.5 million Iraqi Christians died or fled Iraq during the American occupation and not a word was said of their plight. Now 40,000 are suddenly so important as to re-ignite foreign attacks on the country?

Memories are becoming shorter and shorter with each passing day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

The latest VICE documentary on the Islamic State is well worth the watch, just saw it there.

Yeah, just like hitler's propaganda machine was the trustworthy news source

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Egginacup wrote: »
    But back to ISIS....1.5 million Iraqi Christians died or fled Iraq during the American occupation and not a word was said of their plight. Now 40,000 are suddenly so important as to re-ignite foreign attacks on the country?

Do you have a source for those numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,270 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Saw some truly gruesome images of these ISIS (now just IS) folks.

No wonder Al Qaeda have disowned them.

Do you have a source for those numbers?

I do. My figures are variable. This article states just under a million gone since the US occupation. My other sources, which I can get for you...in time state that between 1.2 and 1.7 have been killed or have fled:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/only-57-churches-left-in-iraq-from-300-in-2003-92475/

Yeah, just like hitler's propaganda machine was the trustworthy news source

And once again the old Hitler chestnut is trotted out.

Venezuela are accepting Palestinian orphans from the debacle in the Gaza Strip but sure they're all Hitlerian too, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Egginacup wrote: »
    Who knows?
    Why wouldn't they be?
    You never heard of "ISIS" until a few months ago and all that was from Sky News or BBC or CNN.

I've never heard a word from this mythical ISIS crowd, and everything Sky News puts out is dubious anyway.

Sky News reported that Ukraine has been invaded by Russian convoys and that Kiev forces destroyed a large part of said convoy. Again....not a shred of evidence.

One does get sick and tired of the fakery and bogus reports and then sans evidence one is met with derision.

If Guardian and Times correspondents have reported on a Kiev attack upon Russian convoys and that attack never happened nor the convoy ever existed then the Western Press is completely and utterly without credibility.

Vice made a pretty good documentary on the "Islamic State" recently. One of their journalists was allowed access via the IS head of communications. Obviously heavily sanitised in favour of IS, but even with whatever restrictions were imposed by the IS guy, still horrific stuff going on.

Be-headings, public executions, crucifictions. Completely brainwashed religious psychopaths. Those middle eastern countries were better off under dictatorships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Reports coming in that they've beheaded American journalist James Foley as some kind of warning to the US.

He had been kidnapped about 2 years ago in Syria.

Minjor wrote: »
    Reports coming in that they've beheaded American journalist James Foley as some kind of warning to the US.

He had been kidnapped about 2 years ago in Syria.

Pictures and videos are all over twitter.

It is quite horrific.

• Advertisement

I didn't phrase it like that. You are drawing your own conclusions.

Advertisement