Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

For what it's worth, I too believe ISIS has been created for a reason different to what they're leading us to believe! Timing has been bang on, their propaganda machine is firing on all cylinders and it's whipping The West into a fury against the whole Muslim world!! Funny how ISIS haven't made their way to Gaza yet isn't it?? To attack Israel would be as sweet as attacking the US wouldn't you think? Considering as they're meant to have sleeper cells all along the ME, sure they have Israel surrounded!!

This conspiracy nonsense is exactly that nonsense. ISIS have been around for over a decade in one form or another.

This article is a couple of months old but gives some of the background on ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

dav3 wrote: »
    Why are you attempting to derail a thread on ISIS with this ignorant rubbish?

1. Hamas does not control Palestine.

Hamas is in government in the Gaza Strip.

2. There is no link between ISIS and Hamas.

It doesn't matter, they are both Islamic terror groups who have nothing but hatred for the civilized world (which includes Israel).
    and

3. The savages of ISIS are the same as the savages of Israel in that they both want to wipe out Hamas. (See how easy it is to make these connections?)

Why shouldn't Israel want to wipe out a terror group that seeks to destroy it?
    Hopefully some country or countries will eventually step in to stop ISIS. Dropping a few blankets to refugees is not much use in the long term.

No it won't, but then neither will supporting other Islamic terror groups aid in bringing peace to the Middle East. Oh, and I assume you mean any country or countries as long as that country isn't Israel which you want to see wiped out eh?

OK, please add your next anti-semitic opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

OK, please add your next anti-semitic opinion.

Ah the anti-semitic card. I'm guessing you're just here to troll?

Nothing you've said in your past few posts makes any sense or is even relevant to the thread.

I'll leave you to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

I cannot bring myself to watch all of the James Foley beheading video, i usually watch these kind of videos but not this one for some reason. The executioner has a UK accent as well - sounds like a London twang.

Where did these guys (IS) come from? It seems like they just popped up out of no-where and started causing havoc. I watched a VICE documentary last night about the IS on YouTube trying to get some kind of idea of what they are about, they seem to be totally devout to eradicating the west or infidels as they put it - basically like every other terrorist organisation from the ME. I really have to educate myself about these guys, it looks like they are going to be around for a while.

Ah the anti-semitic card. I'm guessing you're just here to troll?

Nothing you've said in your past few posts makes any sense or is even relevant to the thread.

I'll leave you to it.

Run out of arguments?

So I'll assume...

1. If a terror group started bombarding Ireland with rockets you wouldn't demand that the Irish government protected you and your family.

2. If a terror group build tunnels underneath Ireland with the express aim of capturing, torturing and killing as many Irish people as possible you wouldn't demand that the Irish government protected you.

3. If a terror group bombarded Ireland with rockets, and Ireland had the technology to intercept those rockets, then you wouldn't demand that the Irish government used that technology.

4. If a terror group declared that it wanted to destroy the Irish state then you wouldn't demand that the Irish government did something about it.

5. If a terror group declared that it wanted to wipe every Irish person off the face of the Earth you wouldn't demand that the Irish government did something about it.

6. If another terror group, very close by, started beheading anyone it didn't agree with and was moving every closer to Ireland, a state it clearly hated, you wouldn't see a connection between that group and the one that was attacking Ireland, even though they were both fundamentally the same (maybe you've missed the boat, but Hamas and ISIS are both Islamist)?

If you support Islamic terror groups you can't pick and choose which to support, you need to support all of them. You can't say Hamas good, ISIS bad. It doesn't work like that. They are all the same. Terror is terror, extreme Islam is extreme Islam.

I'd love to hear your solution to the Middle East. If you support Palestine in the current conflict you can't claim to want a two-state solution because the current conflict is Hamas led, Hamas based and Hamas controlled and Hamas don't want a two-state solution, they want the end of Israel and the Jewish people.

Also, saying that this is not related to this thread is blind foolishness. Its like saying the Real IRA isn't connected to the Provisional IRA. They may be different groups. They may not even like each other. But they are very much related.

And yes, if you support a terror group over a modern, liberal democracy, there has to be some pretty shady reason for doing so, and subsequently I feel most at ease at terming you an anti-semite. Hamas denies the Holocaust for Christ sake. You can't get much more anti-semitic than that and you, as you have so clearly pointed to, support them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

I just watched that video of James Foley being beheaded. I wish I hadn't.
    What a terrible world. ISIS need to be eradicated - this Islamic extremism must be stopped. I cannot see any solution other than a US invasion again - I wish the UN would get involved but it looks like hand wringing time again.
    The executor was British. This problem is not just in the Middle East. It is probably here already. Frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Foley's wife has tweeted this:

"Please honor James Foley and respect my family's privacy. Don't watch the video. Don't share it. That's not how life should be."

"Please honor James Foley and respect my family's privacy. Don't watch the video. Don't share it. That's not how life should be."

yes - she is right. I am sorry I watched it. May he Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

I contemplated it before seeing her tweet. Your reaction says it all pal.

ISIS are absolute scum, how can they justify murdering an innocent man.

I never watch these videos. It's a horrible thing to watch and is exactly what they want.

Better to remember the guy as the journalist and person he was rather than the guy who gets beheaded in that video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

I'd agree with it but I think his last words should be shared with us.

LorMal wrote: »
    I just watched that video of James Foley being beheaded. I wish I hadn't.
    What a terrible world. ISIS need to be eradicated - this Islamic extremism must be stopped. I cannot see any solution other than a US invasion again - I wish the UN would get involved but it looks like hand wringing time again.
    The executor was British. This problem is not just in the Middle East. It is probably here already. Frightening.

The only problem with another US invasion is that it historically gets rid of one bastard and puts a worse one in place. Dialogue is generally the more successful route for resolving conflicts, but the problem is whether this situation has now gone beyond dialogue. ISIS don't give the impression of a group that want to sit around a table and discuss. However, I do worry about the aftermath of another US invasion.

Oddly, this time, I think the solution could come from within. Al Qaeda has already been pretty open about the fact that it is annoyed by ISIS. I rather suspect that Al Qaeda is regrouping and will seek to put down ISIS. I also wouldn't want to be messing with Al Qaeda. That said, has the US, in removing Bin Laden, weakened Al Qaeda to the point where it can't fight off ISIS?

Obviously an Al Qaeda v ISIS situation wouldn't be ideal for anyone, perhaps except for the militants involved. And God only knows what the Middle East would look like afterwards. However, it could be a situation of two evils fighting each other and wearing each other down. Al Qaeda won't stand by and (a)allow a group it dislikes gain more and more power; (b)allow its primacy amongst Islamic terror groups to be taken away without a fight.

Sorry pal, but I think I probably know the Israeli situation far better than you do. Hamas is the present government of Palestine. You can't support Palestine without supporting Hamas. I know the Yesha situation inside out and the problems they cause from the Israeli side. I also know the problems that Hamas and Fatah cause. Fatah is a terrorist organisation, but it is a relatively moderate one. In many ways, Fatah is similar to the Provisional IRA and is supportable because it has clear and fair aims, which is the liberation of the area they see as their own. It is very hard to disagree with the aims of Fatah, the Palestinians do merit their own land and the opportunity to path their own destiny. However, Fatah is not a monster like Hamas. Hamas seeks the outright destroyal of Israel. Hamas wishes death to Israel and to every Jew on the face of the Earth, particularly those living in Israel. It has openly said so.

Hamas would create a medieval terror state in which women would have no rights, gay people would be executed on the spot and anyone who didn't agree with their extremist viewpoint would be left with the choice of either leave or die. It thinks nothing of civilian life, basing its weaponry in hospitals in schools. It imposes an extremist school curriculum. It relishes in human death, celebrating every Israeli killed and knowing that every Palestinian who is killed raises the profile of their own sick agenda. Hamas is a monster and those who support Palestine, in this present conflict, support Hamas and are seriously delusional.

There is no reason a decent human being would support Hamas. The only reason a reasonably educated person would choose to do so is because they are anti-semitic. Hamas is extreme to the utmost, so is ISIS. For Hamas, read ISIS. For ISIS, read Hamas.

I disagree. Of course you can support Palestine without supporting Hamas. I fully support the people of Palestine in their suffering under the extreme oppression of the Israeli state. I say this as a person with Israeli friends and as someone who despises Hamas for it's flagrant disregard for the lives of their own people.
    Both parties in the conflict there are to be condemned. The ones who are suffering are the men, women and children of Gaza.

Now, ISIS are scum that need to be destroyed. There is no link to Hamas. Stop using the situation in Iraq to score political points.

The only problem with another US invasion is that it historically gets rid of one bastard and puts a worse one in place. Dialogue is generally the more successful route for resolving conflicts, but the problem is whether this situation has now gone beyond dialogue. ISIS don't give the impression of a group that want to sit around a table and discuss. However, I do worry about the aftermath of another US invasion.

Oddly, this time, I think the solution could come from within. Al Qaeda has already been pretty open about the fact that it is annoyed by ISIS. I rather suspect that Al Qaeda is regrouping and will seek to put down ISIS. I also wouldn't want to be messing with Al Qaeda. That said, has the US, in removing Bin Laden, weakened Al Qaeda to the point where it can't fight off ISIS?

Obviously an Al Qaeda v ISIS situation wouldn't be ideal for anyone, perhaps except for the militants involved. And God only knows what the Middle East would look like afterwards. However, it could be a situation of two evils fighting each other and wearing each other down. Al Qaeda won't stand by and (a)allow a group it dislikes gain more and more power; (b)allow its primacy amongst Islamic terror groups to be taken away without a fight.

Al Qaeda aren't structured like ISIS. They are more like a franchise than an army.

The Al Qaeda sponsored groups in Syria would have beaten them long ago if they could but ISIS are now the dominant jihadist group in Syria.

I'd agree with it but I think his last words should be shared with us.

Obviously said in under extreme duress - he was reading them out from their prepared statement. The poor man.
    Stop your bloody nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

1. If a terror group started bombarding Ireland with rockets you wouldn't demand that the Irish government protected you and your family.

There are multiple thread already on the Israel/Palestine conflict.....

Also, your example is not apt at all. You leave out the rather unfortunate part of you know Israel expanding outside her borders, and the siege of Gaza, and offer no equivalent in your example. This is of course deliberate, and predictable. The same argument is strangely used over and over again, despite the easily pointed out flaws in it, and then the flaws are similarly never acknowledged, for some reason.

So, to conclude your example is deliberately flawed.
    2. If a terror group build tunnels underneath Ireland with the express aim of capturing, torturing and killing as many Irish people as possible you wouldn't demand that the Irish government protected you.

Most the tunnels go into Egypt...., to get around the Israeli siege of Gaza. Something you fail to mention again for some reason.
    3. If a terror group bombarded Ireland with rockets, and Ireland had the technology to intercept those rockets, then you wouldn't demand that the Irish government used that technology.

Sure, and end there illegal siege on a coastal territory and expanding outside our borders. Again, you seem completely unable to present an apt example.
    4. If a terror group declared that it wanted to destroy the Irish state then you wouldn't demand that the Irish government did something about it.

Interesting how Israel expanding outside there borders, is doing exactly that in regards to Palestinian state as per settlement expansion, which you continue to ignore for some reason.....
    5. If a terror group declared that it wanted to wipe every Irish person off the face of the Earth you wouldn't demand that the Irish government did something about it.

If the Irish government were engaged in genocide against another populace, I would expect them to end that first, then maybe the other guy will drop there declaration to respond in kind.
    6. If another terror group, very close by, started beheading anyone it didn't agree with and was moving every closer to Ireland, a state it clearly hated, you wouldn't see a connection between that group and the one that was attacking Ireland, even though they were both fundamentally the same (maybe you've missed the boat, but Hamas and ISIS are both Islamist)?

Nonsense, Hamas are nationalist in nature, and ISIS actually has far more in common with Zionism. The wish to create the Islamic state, in much the same way that Zionism created what they consider to be the Jewish state.

Hamas, wants to create a Palestinians state, albeit one run under Islamic law, which is rather different goal, than ISIS, who are not nationalist at all.
    If you support Islamic terror groups you can't pick and choose which to support, you need to support all of them. You can't say Hamas good, ISIS bad. It doesn't work like that. They are all the same. Terror is terror, extreme Islam is extreme Islam.

Nonsense, supporting Palestinians is not the same as supporting Hamas, and this is a nonsense straw man of the highest order imho.
    I'd love to hear your solution to the Middle East. If you support Palestine in the current conflict you can't claim to want a two-state solution because the current conflict is Hamas led, Hamas based and Hamas controlled and Hamas don't want a two-state solution, they want the end of Israel and the Jewish people.

So supporting Palestinians is the same as supporting Hamas. Again, complete nonsense, and doubly hilarious, as you continue to ignore the bigger obstacle to a 2 state solution, those pesky expanding settlements. Double hilarious, when you consider that Zionists are actively preventing a 2 state solution, and quite a few don't even acknowledge the existence of Palestinians at all.

BTW, Hamas only control Gaza, and its Fatah in the West Bank, so your nonsense straw man, is factually incorrect.
    Also, saying that this is not related to this thread is blind foolishness. Its like saying the Real IRA isn't connected to the Provisional IRA. They may be different groups. They may not even like each other. But they are very much related.

Except that there not. 2 different conflicts altogether. Your just desperately trying to link the 2. The Israeli/Palestine conflict predates both Hamas and ISIS. Same kind of nonsense was said about the secular PLO back in the day. Same crap just recycled against a different group. Back then it was communism, and now its ISIS or Al Qaeda or whoever else.
    And yes, if you support a terror group over a modern, liberal democracy, there has to be some pretty shady reason for doing so,

Interesting that you describe an apartheid state as a "liberal democracy", so your ignoring the siege of Gaza, the expanding settlements, the racist marriage laws etc, but then you have ignored major facts about the conflict for some reason.
    and subsequently I feel most at ease at terming you an anti-semite.

I think the same can easily be thrown your way, on the basis of ignoring settlements and the various racists laws against Palestinians that Israel has.
    Hamas denies the Holocaust for Christ sake.

and Israel denies the Nakba. Neither the Israeli government or Hamas are exactly nice people.
    You can't get much more anti-semitic than that and you, as you have so clearly pointed to, support them.

Interesting that the poster in question never said they supported Hamas. Another straw man. Pathetic really.

LorMal wrote: »
    I disagree. Of course you can support Palestine without supporting Hamas. I fully support the people of Palestine in their suffering under the extreme oppression of the Israeli state. I say this as a person with Israeli friends and as someone who despises Hamas for it's flagrant disregard for the lives of their own people.
    Both parties in the conflict there are to be condemned. The ones who are suffering are the men, women and children of Gaza.

Now, ISIS are scum that need to be destroyed. There is no link to Hamas. Stop using the situation in Iraq to score political points.

And the men, women and children of Israel aren't suffering I suppose?

Frankly, if the Palestinians behaved themselves there would be no need for Israel to act harshly.

Hamas and ISIS are two cheeks of the same arse. They are Islamic extremists. There is no difference.

Frankly, if the Palestinians behaved themselves there would be no need for Israel to act harshly.

Hamas and ISIS are two cheeks of the same arse. They are Islamic extremists. There is no difference.

You know theres about a million threads about Palestine/Israel/Hamas etc you could be posting in.

What has this got to do with what ISIS are doing?

Israeli's have a far higher standard of living than Palestinians, and while there is suffering in Israel, its not comparable to what Israel is doing to the Palestinians via there occupation.

Ah, like in the West Bank, where they receive expanding settlements and violence in return for working with Israel.

Again, its amazing how you deliberately ignore any fact that doesn't suit you. Astonishing really.

Except that there are huge differences, that you choose to ignore, so that you can use the suffering of Iraqi's to score cheap shots on a Internet message board. Truly disgusting imho.

You know theres about a million threads about Palestine/Israel/Hamas etc you could be posting in.

What has this got to do with what ISIS are doing?

Because people don't see the obvious link between the two. I suppose if I there is a thread in the future about a US invasion against ISIS I won't be allowed to mention the UK in it (as the UK will more-than-likely have joined the US in the invasion).

As I said, Hamas and ISIS are two cheeks of the same arse, and if the USA leads an invasion to smack one buttock it would be no harm if they smacked the other one whilst they were at it.

• Advertisement

Because people don't see the obvious link between the two.

There is no link, between the 2. Just you trying to hijack the thread.
    I suppose if I there is a thread in the future about a US invasion against ISIS I won't be allowed to mention the UK in it (as the UK will more-than-likely have joined the US in the invasion).

Wait, so Hamas have joined ISIS, is that what you insinuating? I am sure you can back up this fictions with some facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

I contemplated it before seeing her tweet. Your reaction says it all pal.

ISIS are absolute scum, how can they justify murdering an innocent man.

They can't justify anything .

wes wrote: »

Wait, so Hamas have joined ISIS, is that what you insinuating? I am sure you can back up this fictions with some facts?

No link between these two groups

Israeli's have a far higher standard of living than Palestinians, and while there is suffering in Israel, its not comparable to what Israel is doing to the Palestinians via there occupation.

Ah, like in the West Bank, where they receive expanding settlements and violence in return for working with Israel.

Again, its amazing how you deliberately ignore any fact that doesn't suit you. Astonishing really.

Except that there are huge differences, that you choose to ignore, so that you can use the suffering of Iraqi's to score cheap shots on a Internet message board. Truly disgusting imho.

In respect to the settlements I have already condemned them. Look for where I criticise Yesha. Yesha, by the way, is a council of extreme Jews who plan and protect the settlements often taking the law into their own hands. They are as much a part of the problem as Hamas are. Oh, but you either didn't know what Yesha was or you chose to ignore my previous statement.

Here we return to the age-old phenomena of anti-semitism. Jewish suffering is to be downplayed, sure what harm would a Hamas-missile do to an Israeli anyway :rolleyes:? And we must play up the suffering of Palestinians and Iraqis because they are Muslim. The West has been guilty of wringing its hands in the face of a monster until it was nearly too late. About 76 years ago. And it is because of concern for ordinary Palestinians, Israelis and Iraqis and others around the world that I link the two together. As I've said, being pro-Hamas and anti-ISIS is like being pro-Mussolini and anti-Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Even The PKK Terrorists are fighting them that's how evil this group are !!

Yeah, and there was no link between Mussolini and Hitler, no link between the UVF and UDA and no link between the provos and the Real IRA... jog on.

irish gent wrote: »
    Even The PKK Terrorists are fighting them that's how evil this group are !!

Even Al Qaieda is against them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Yes of course, the Palestinians should just accept their lot. Terribly bold of them to react to a decades long ethnic cleansing through violent resistance.

Registered in May and only 55 posts.... Funny how new reg people with low post counts always seem to flock to the Israeli threads. You made a claim earlier that you knew the situation in Israel far better than another poster, why is that? I can only believe you would make a claim like that if you have some connection to Israel? Hasbara?

Please read the other thread on the Israeli/Palestine conflict. Everyone one of your flimsy arguments is shown to be baseless propaganda. Maybe just maybe it can open up your eyes to the horrors being imposed on the Palestinian people. I know denial is a strong instinct of self preservation in humans but you are on the wrong side of history my friend, just like the supporters of apartheid South Africa.

Lets get on topic instead of discussing hamas. There is a thread for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Yes but you know The USA and uk backed ISIS at one time weird !!

Advertisement