Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Surprised to see the UK police authorities making this statement. It is not as if this is the first beheading video that ISIS has released, there must be a few hundred by now. Were they asleep until now?

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/502100046729723905
    @BBCBreaking

UK police investigating James Foley video say "viewing, downloading or disseminating" it may be a terror offence
    http://bbc.in/1odnYk4

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Not at all. I don't know of a single Jewish school in the UK that is an academy. The vast majority of UK faith schools, at least non-Islamic ones, are state-run which means they have to follow a prescribed curriculum and are subject to inspections by Ofsted, Estyn etc.

To be honest, throwing the bit in about "especially Jewish schools" without backing up your statement with evidence smells of anti-semitism.

Thought you were well aware.
    http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-dispatches-questions-the-role-of-faith-communities-in-schools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

That's madness....

Way to go Britain.... Another victory for the nanny state.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Don't you think that Britain should just strip those "angry Muslims" of their passports and let them leave the country?

To be honest, you're trying to provoke a reaction with this message. Obviously you don't deport people for being angry. Being angry is fine. I'm from the UK but I have strong sympathies for Irish republicanism. Holding those sympathies isn't against any law, British or Irish. Now, if I joined the IRA, then I would expect to be put in prison. It would be difficult for the British government to deport me as I am from there. Same for "angry Muslims". If they are angry and keep their anger to themselves or express their anger through words, then that's fine. There's nothing illegal about that. However, if they act upon their anger or incite others to act upon it, then one of two things should happen. If they are British, put them in jail, if they are foreign then put them in jail and when their sentence is up, deport them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Surprised to see the UK police authorities make this statement. It is not as if this is the first beheading video that ISIS has released, there must be a few hundred by now. Were they asleep until now?

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/502100046729723905

As distasteful and twisted as someone would have to be to actively go find it and watch it that is a ludicrous over reaction. Police have better things to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This talk about schools in the UK is totally off topic.

ISIS are claiming they want to establish their own Islamic state and Obama came out a while ago and said he will not tolerate this under any circumstances. I doubt the Israelis would be happy either.

How close are ISIS to achieving this goal? And if it looked it was going to happen would the Americans get directly involved.

I really hope this whole mess will teach western powers to be a lot more careful about the groups they choose support and give weapons to in the future. When these nutjobs were fighting Bashar Al-Assad in Syria the Americans had no qualms about arming them, but now they are totally out of control and the Americans find themselves fighting on the same side as the Iranians and Bashar Al-Assad. It's bizarre.

To be honest, you're trying to provoke a reaction with this message. Obviously you don't deport people for being angry. Being angry is fine. I'm from the UK but I have strong sympathies for Irish republicanism. Holding those sympathies isn't against any law, British or Irish. Now, if I joined the IRA, then I would expect to be put in prison. It would be difficult for the British government to deport me as I am from there. Same for "angry Muslims". If they are angry and keep their anger to themselves or express their anger through words, then that's fine. There's nothing illegal about that. However, if they act upon their anger or incite others to act upon it, then one of two things should happen. If they are British, put them in jail, if they are foreign then put them in jail and when their sentence is up, deport them.

What about those who want to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

As distasteful and twisted as someone would have to be to actively go find it and watch it that is a ludicrous over reaction. Police have better things to do.

Plain barking mad, then every curious spotty teen or office worker in front of a screen taking a peek would be a 'terrorist'.

MadYaker wrote: »
    When these nutjobs were fighting Bashar Al-Assad in Syria the Americans had no qualms about arming them.

Proof?

We were talking about schools, as you are well aware. Those yeshivas are not schools in the sense that the ones in Birmingham were. In fact the kids weren't even registered to them and they weren't intended, at least by the state, to be a replacement for normal schooling. That said, you are basing your statement on a single school rather than a number of them as was the case in the Islamic extremist schools.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    This talk about schools in the UK is totally off topic.

ISIS are claiming they want to establish their own Islamic state and Obama came out a while ago and said he will not tolerate this under any circumstances. I doubt the Israelis would be happy either.

How close are ISIS to achieving this goal? And if it looked it was going to happen would the Americans get directly involved.

I really hope this whole mess will teach western powers to be a lot more careful about the groups they choose support and give weapons to in the future. When these nutjobs were fighting Bashar Al-Assad in Syria the Americans had no qualms about arming them, but now they are totally out of control and the Americans find themselves fighting on the same side as the Iranians and Bashar Al-Assad. It's bizarre.

There are different shades of gray. ISIS are actually fighting the FSA and other groups for taking aid from America, amongst other reasons.

What about those who want to leave?

Are you serious? If people want to leave a country then they are free to do so. Sorry, maybe you're mistaken, but there isn't a huge wall looping round the whole of the island. I promise you. When you're next there go to the beach at Southport, Plymouth, Lowestoft, you can see the sea and everything.

We were talking about schools, as you are well aware. Those yeshivas are not schools in the sense that the ones in Birmingham were. In fact the kids weren't even registered to them and they weren't intended, at least by the state, to be a replacement for normal schooling. That said, you are basing your statement on a single school rather than a number of them as was the case in the Islamic extremist schools.

The illegal Orthodox Jewish schools in Hackney
    By law children have to receive an education between the ages of 5 and 16. Any independent school with five or more school age pupils must be registered with the Department for Education. But there are schools not simply bending the rules. They are breaking the law.
    Channel 4 Dispatches discovered that more than 1,000 boys aged 13 to 16 have disappeared from registered schools in the London borough of Hackney.
    Instead they are being sent by their parents to be educated in yeshivas - fee-paying schools where the curriculum is solely religious.
    We have identified more than ten unregistered, illegal, schools.
    And what’s really shocking is that Hackney Council, the Department for Education and Ofsted have all known about these schools for years.
    We’ve seen internal government briefing documents that reveal as early as 2008 the Department for Education was aware of the issue. One document states the Department knows a number of schools are ‘operating illegally and without the most basic health, safety and child welfare checks’.
    In 2012 the Department acknowledged those running the schools were breaking the law, but said they preferred to work cooperatively with the community.
    http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-dispatches-questions-the-role-of-faith-communities-in-schools

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Are you serious? If people want to leave a country then they are free to do so. Sorry, maybe you're mistaken, but there isn't a huge wall looping round the whole of the island. I promise you. When you're next there go to the beach at Southport, Plymouth, Lowestoft, you can see the sea and everything.

What a crap selection of British beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robertthemac

Seeing as this is the ISIS thread..
    So turns out our old so called allies turkey HAVE been supplying funding and generally aiding the ISIS after all..?
    No longer able to cry CT..
    After all it was on sky news this morning instead of the so called CT websites..
    Oops..

The illegal Orthodox Jewish schools in Hackney
    By law children have to receive an education between the ages of 5 and 16. Any independent school with five or more school age pupils must be registered with the Department for Education. But there are schools not simply bending the rules. They are breaking the law.
    Channel 4 Dispatches discovered that more than 1,000 boys aged 13 to 16 have disappeared from registered schools in the London borough of Hackney.
    Instead they are being sent by their parents to be educated in yeshivas - fee-paying schools where the curriculum is solely religious.
    We have identified more than ten unregistered, illegal, schools.
    And what’s really shocking is that Hackney Council, the Department for Education and Ofsted have all known about these schools for years.
    We’ve seen internal government briefing documents that reveal as early as 2008 the Department for Education was aware of the issue. One document states the Department knows a number of schools are ‘operating illegally and without the most basic health, safety and child welfare checks’.
    In 2012 the Department acknowledged those running the schools were breaking the law, but said they preferred to work cooperatively with the community.

You're bending facts to suit your argument. To be a SCHOOL you have to be registered with the state. It even says so in the article. The British state never intended these "schools" to be used as replacement for ordinary schooling. Lots of organisations call themselves schools when they don't fit the bill of what most people think of when they hear the term. Send your kids to an English language school in Dublin if you want and see what social services says. You're deliberately trying to be provocative and more than likely are just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

We've gotta keep in mind ISIS is active in several countries not just Iraq including Syria, Iraq, and Gaza (along with hamas and fatah that is), and lately they've started to attack lebanon.

BTW has the media just flat out forgotten about the 200 kidnapped girls by boko haram in nigeria.

fr336 wrote: »
    What a crap selection of British beaches.

Southport is nice.

Southport is nice.

Ish. South west is best.

fr336 wrote: »
    Ish. South west is best.

Where Plymouth would be :rolleyes:.

And for British coastal scenery you can't beat the Giant's Causeway.

• Advertisement

You're bending facts to suit your argument. To be a SCHOOL you have to be registered with the state. It even says so in the article. The British state never intended these "schools" to be used as replacement for ordinary schooling. Lots of organisations call themselves schools when they don't fit the bill of what most people think of when they hear the term. Send your kids to an English language school in Dublin if you want and see what social services says. You're deliberately trying to be provocative and more than likely are just trolling.

According to the article. Channel4 and the government acknowledges that these are schools. Why else would they refer to it as schools?

Where Plymouth would be :rolleyes:.

And for British coastal scenery you can't beat the Giant's Causeway.

Ah well yes :o But Plymouth is rather overshadowed by others in that neck of the woods..
    Agreed about causeway of course.

Anyway back on topic..we will fight them on the beaches!

According to the article. Channel4 and the government acknowledges that these are schools. Why else would they refer to it as schools?

You're being deliberately facetious.

See here, http://www.acels.ie/Search.aspx?location=Dublin&course=&duration=&keywords=&submit.x=21&submit.y=8, here is a list of "schools" in Dublin recognised by ACELS, a government body, and so, therefore, recognised by the Irish government.

They aren't schools that you send your children to 9 - 3 36 weeks of the year though.

Just because they were "schools" doesn't mean they were intended for the curriculum schooling of children from age 4-18. Trust me, I do know my stuff with regards to education and schooling (my job tends to have a lot to do with them).

To be honest, you're being deliberately provocative. You made a crass anti-semitic statement and are failing to back it up with like-for-like evidence. As such I really don't feel like responding to any more of your childish remarks.

BTW has the media just flat out forgotten about the 200 kidnapped girls by boko haram in nigeria.

If there are no developments, there is no story.

Its not about forgetting anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

We've gotta keep in mind ISIS is active in several countries not just Iraq including Syria, Iraq, and Gaza (along with hamas and fatah that is), and lately they've started to attack lebanon.

ISIS is active in Gaza? Are you mean Hamas is an offshoot or is an extension of ISIS? And Fatah too?

I don't know what you mean and if you suggest any of the above, could you provide some evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

em no I mean they are in gaza either fighting alongside or fighting alone against isreali. ISIS doesn't give a damn about the palestinians suffering though they will kill palestinian jews, christian and even other Muslims just anyone of any faith except for their own beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

em no I mean they are in gaza either fighting alongside or fighting alone against isreali. ISIS doesn't give a damn about the palestinians suffering though they will kill palestinian jews, christian and even other Muslims just anyone of any faith except for their own beliefs.

I don't think ISIS are in Gaza. I don't think even the Israeli authorities are claiming that. At most they might draw ideological links between them and Hamas (which are tenuous, reductionist and frankly disingenuous) but nobody seriously thinks ISIS have fighters inside Gaza.

And what do you mean about Fatah, do you mean they're part of this ISIS and Hamas alliance?

I'll eat my hat if you've any evidence, even extreme right-wing newspapers from Israel itself.

ISIS is active in Gaza? Are you mean Hamas is an offshoot or is an extension of ISIS? And Fatah too?

I don't know what you mean and if you suggest any of the above, could you provide some evidence?

There are a couple of offshoots in Palestine (which is hardly surprising).

There is seemingly a new umbrella group called "Mujahidin Shura Council" who have a few small groups under them.

Fatah is active in Gaza?

• Advertisement

Lots of stories flying around about ISIS in Gaza.

It is well known that Hamas are part of the Muslim Brotherhood.
    It is also well known that ISIS does not get along one bit with the Muslim Brothehood.

Advertisement