Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Lots of stories flying around about ISIS in Gaza.

It is well known that Hamas are part of the Muslim Brotherhood.
    It is also well known that ISIS does not get along one bit with the Muslim Brothehood.

Which in itself does not preclude any ISIS affiliate (or nobody affiliate) from being there.

There are several tiny groups operating there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

It's interesting, I didn't know there were any Palestinian groups aligning themselves with AQ or ISIS' ideologies. Saying that, I don't think Fatah are in any way connected!!! I think we should learn from this that Israel demonising a secular, nationalist movement for equality and freedom and supporting the growth of radical islamists as a means to counter your other enemy is a very, very dangerous game.

Which in itself does not preclude any ISIS affiliate (or nobody affiliate) from being there.

Okay, tiny groups. Tiny groups that are not Fatah or Hamas. So how did Hamas and Fatah get mentioned as connected to and aligned with ISIS?

Okay, tiny groups. Tiny groups that are not Fatah or Hamas. So how did Hamas and Fatah get mentioned as connected to and aligned with ISIS?

Ask the guy who mentioned it.

(Though personally I don't see the point in picking hairs between various islamist terror groups.... They are all just varying degrees of awfull)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

on topic of islamic extremist this might be of interest to some folks here who have friends and family living in america right now it might be just a conspiracy theory but its also might be a good idea to have them be prepared just in case. I can't post links but if you just look up "terrorists plant to attack american shopping malls". it might be something to make note of.

• Advertisement

on topic of islamic extremist this might be of interest to some folks here who have friends and family living in america right now it might be just a conspiracy theory but its also might be a good idea to have them be prepared just in case. I can't post links but if you just look up "terrorists plant to attack american shopping malls". it might be something to make note of.

I'm sure they are....
    Or they could be watching TV.... who knows?.

So what though?

Jesus... be more specific, is it poison ivy, nettles, stingers??

Seriously though, while I think caution is always good, panic isn't. Let's use evidence, reason and common sense before making wild assertions about imminent terrorist attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

That sort of rubbish floats to the nets surface everytime the middle east erupts. But for once its not beyond belief. ISIS (the IS :confused:...this lot are like a confused boyband) have too many fanboys around the world to rule it out. Earlier on Sky, they were showing one of their Youtube hits with Australians, Canadians and UK volunteers waving at the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

What is the attraction for Muslims from other countries (UK, Australia etc) to join ISIS?, is it just to be "in on the action" or is there actual indoctrination going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

wazky wrote: »
    What is the attraction for Muslims from other countries (UK, Australia etc) to join ISIS?, is it just to be "in on the action" or is there actual indoctrination going on?

Same as joining the IRA. The other option is a dole queue or a job in a call centre. This comes with guns as standard, warmer climate and 71 virgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Robertthemac

ww.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08/08/374537/americas-biggest-allies-funding-isis/

There is indeed a lot of indoctrination going on.

Blind eye paid by the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Yes they are, I didn't exclude them, but Hamas is ultimately in charge and keeps a tight lid on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

ww.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08/08/374537/americas-biggest-allies-funding-isis/

What value is posting a link without explaining your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Ask the guy who mentioned it.

(Though personally I don't see the point in picking hairs between various islamist terror groups.... They are all just varying degrees of awfull)

Hamas has actually toned down considerably, even to the extent where they have agreed to recognize Israel .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Isis are a bunch of cowards when push comes to shove. Theres been a history of extremist from operating on the fringes of conflicts in muslim countries going back to at least the Yugoslav wars. They usually target easy targets with sadistic brutality and talk a lot of BS. The power vacuum created by the civil war in Syria has allowed them to take a foothold this time round, the major heavy fighting in that conflict was carried out by the FSA.

Now that they are facing the Kurds who are in a position to defend themselves and fight back, rather than defenceless minorities, they'll probably go hiding and resort to terrorist attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

It's very easy to call these Muslim extremists cowards, and evil. But the fact is, they think the exact same about us, that is the nature of war, and in every war, both sides always have and always will do what they believe to be necessary, which the other side will usually see as evil.
    It could be argued that drone attacks are far more cowardly that cutting somebody's head off, at least to cut somebody's head off you have to look them in the eye, not push a button from half way around the world.
    Don't get me wrong, I want to see Muslim extremism wiped from the face of the earth, because it is a threat to the West's interests, but these things are never as simple as we're good, they're evil, because that is relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Are we at risk from the likes of the 40 foreign Irish jihadists fighting in Iraq and returning due to our allowance of Shannon to the Americans?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Think I've found the perfect way to fight ISIS.

Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Are we at risk from the likes of the 40 foreign Irish jihadists fighting in Iraq and returning due to our allowance of Shannon to the Americans?

This true?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Good question. Maybe if we direct them all to Shannon they can be picked up by the next rendition flight going through?

I wonder if they are still claiming the dole (like these guys http://bit.ly/1pLjyWO )

Can't wait for the liveline discussion!

fr336 wrote: »
    This true?!

Indo and star reporting it according to guards and Intel agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Indo and star reporting it according to guards and Intel agencies.
    Source please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 funny_fecker

surely you mean are we at risk from the likes of ( irish born ) jihadists due to our refusal to have any kind of debate when it comes to the issue of muslim immigration into ireland

do you think ISIS ( were they to gain global power ) would leave our heads alone just because we never invaded any nation in the mid east ?

us , the swedes , kiwis , icelanders , are all infidels worthy of a blade in their eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

surely you mean are we at risk from the likes of ( irish born ) jihadists due to our refusal to have any kind of debate when it comes to the issue of muslim immigration into ireland

do you think ISIS ( were they to gain global power ) would leave our heads alone just because we never invaded any nation in the mid east ?

us , the swedes , kiwis , icelanders , are all infidels worthy of a blade in their eyes

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 funny_fecker

the goal of the " caliphate " is to break down borders and rule all lands under one single form of religous governance

british muslims dont have the same indifference to syrian muslims as irish catholics do when it comes to argentine or peruvian catholics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/thirty-irish-citizens-fighting-in-iraq-and-syria-273339.html

Dunno where "40" figure given in post above came from (no link), if it (or 30 in article above) is correct, how many are in Iraq etc, but there have been a number of newspaper articles over the last few years about people travelling to Syria for "jihad" etc.

IMO, at time when uprising against Assad started and Free Syrian Army was in the news) I think it was being looked at by media a bit like people going out to fight Franco in Spanish Civil war or something. Now, maybe not so much! Small numbers, and I hope an eye will be kept on them when (if) they come home.

Drakares wrote: »
    Source please?

They were talking about it on matt cooper earlier, seemed to know their stuff, supposedly 3 are confirmed to have died fighting in Syria.

Here is some from the sun.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4913526/Irish-lad-martyr-in-Syria.html

Handsome Alaa was one of up to 26 Irish Muslims who are believed to have joined the fight against Bashar al-Assad’s brutal regime since the bloody Syrian uprising broke out in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

ISIS have exactly as much chance of gaining global power as I have of being the next Rose of Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Nino Brown wrote: »
    It's very easy to call these Muslim extremists cowards, and evil. But the fact is, they think the exact same about us, that is the nature of war, and in every war, both sides always have and always will do what they believe to be necessary, which the other side will usually see as evil.
    It could be argued that drone attacks are far more cowardly that cutting somebody's head off, at least to cut somebody's head off you have to look them in the eye, not push a button from half way around the world.
    Don't get me wrong, I want to see Muslim extremism wiped from the face of the earth, because it is a threat to the West's interests, but these things are never as simple as we're good, they're evil, because that is relative.

I don't think it should be a competition!

On your other point, I DO think it's as simple as 'we're good, they're evil'. I don't know anyone who would even contemplate cutting someone's head off with a knife.
    Total evil. We don't do it, ever. It's not 'relative'.

Advertisement