Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

They were talking about it on matt cooper earlier, seemed to know their stuff, supposedly 3 are confirmed to have died fighting in Syria.

Here is some from the sun.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4913526/Irish-lad-martyr-in-Syria.html

Handsome Alaa was one of up to 26 Irish Muslims who are believed to have joined the fight against Bashar al-Assad’s brutal regime since the bloody Syrian uprising broke out in 2011.

What has him being Handsome got to do with anything? Typical Sun only interested in good looking jihadi! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What has him being Handsome got to do with anything? Typical Sun only interested in good looking jihadi! :rolleyes:

No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Are we at risk from the likes of the 40 foreign Irish jihadists fighting in Iraq and returning due to our allowance of Shannon to the Americans?

I said it earlier in the thread. Al Qaeda has a global terror agenda. ISIS only operates regionally and despite the US invasion of Iraq, they have never launched a terror strike on American interests outside of Iraq.

Obama acknowledge the same a few weeks ago.

Even so, Al Qaeda has no designs on Ireland probably due to Osama Bin Laden thinking well of the Irish people, due to their solidarity with the Palestinians.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/osama-bin-laden-was-told-irish-were-ready-for-islam-26849927.html

If ISIS did ever decide to strike internationally their priority targets would most likely be UK & USA. Ireland is well off their radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I hope this is a joke :D

fr336 wrote: »

You mean the Sun newspaper? Yes it is a joke!

as is my witty post!;)

• Advertisement

DeadHand wrote: »
    ISIS have exactly as much chance of gaining global power as I have of being the next Rose of Tralee.

Why, have you got short hair and a couple of tattoos? :D

You mean the Sun newspaper? Yes it is a joke!

as is my witty post!;)

Agreed on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

well praise allaaaaaaaah, they're here
    http://www.fellowshipofisis.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

well praise allaaaaaaaah, they're here
    http://www.fellowshipofisis.com/

The whole virgin mary idolation thing is basically the Christianisation of the cult of Isis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I said it earlier in the thread. Al Qaeda has a global terror agenda. ISIS only operates regionally and despite the US invasion of Iraq, they have never launched a terror strike on American interests outside of Iraq.

Obama acknowledge the same a few weeks ago.

Even so, Al Qaeda has no designs on Ireland probably due to Osama Bin Laden thinking well of the Irish people, due to their solidarity with the Palestinians.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/osama-bin-laden-was-told-irish-were-ready-for-islam-26849927.html

If ISIS did ever decide to strike internationally their priority targets would most likely be UK & USA. Ireland is well off their radar.

What?

These Muslims don't care that we are on the side of anybody. If you are not a Muslim then they would kill you without a thought.

They don't integrate and then they hate the west because we don't conform to their standards. They are a danger to Ireland just as much as the UK. If the fighters come back they will radicalize their piers and we will be dealing with a worse form of terrorism than the ira or the loyalists ever carried out on this island

Btw did you actually read the link you posted up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

CptMackey wrote: »
    What?

These Muslims don't care that we are on the side of anybody. If you are not a Muslim then they would kill you without a thought.

They don't integrate and then they hate the west because we don't conform to their standards. They are a danger to Ireland just as much as the UK. If the fighters come back they will radicalize their piers and we will be dealing with a worse form of terrorism than the ira or the loyalists ever carried out on this island

Btw did you actually read the link you posted up?

Sounds like you have it in for all Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Sounds like you have it in for all Muslims.

I don't have it in for all but this brand of Islam is dangerous because they are living in the stone age. Did you read your link?

It deals with they wanting to convert us all to Islam. I'm fine without an imaginary friend.

Isis are dangerous and should be treated as a major threat due to the fact that fighters who have come from Ireland and the UK will come back and radicalize Muslims here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

It's a bit surreal. There was a wave of teenage girls who became apologists for the Boston bomber when they noticed that he was a good looking chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

LorMal wrote: »
    I don't think it should be a competition!

On your other point, I DO think it's as simple as 'we're good, they're evil'. I don't know anyone who would even contemplate cutting someone's head off with a knife.
    Total evil. We don't do it, ever. It's not 'relative'.

So blowing it off with a bomb is less evil than cutting it off?
    How about blowing up several civilians to kill one terrorist? Would it not be better to only cut the head off one guilty person, than bomb several innocents?

These things are relative, they think what they do is justified, and the west is evil, we think what they do is evil and we are justified, isn't that precisely what relative means?

I'm not defending them in any way, I'm just pointing out that in all wars both sides think the enemy is wrong, otherwise there would be no wars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

CptMackey wrote: »
    I don't have it in for all but this brand of Islam is dangerous because they are living in the stone age. Did you read your link?

It deals with they wanting to convert us all to Islam. I'm fine without an imaginary friend.

Isis are dangerous and should be treated as a major threat due to the fact that fighters who have come from Ireland and the UK will come back and radicalize Muslims here

BBC just said according to intelligence sources 260 British isis fighters have returned to UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

BBC just said according to intelligence sources 260 British isis fighters have returned to UK

That tells me that the seeds are sown. Worrying indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

I just got chills

That tells me that the seeds are sown. Worrying indeed.

What seeds? It's beyond comprehension that they could go out on a little terrorism "holiday" and return to their main residence? I don't think such a number simply returning what is unfortunately their "home" is necessarily a big deal. But hey there must be drama in every detail :rolleyes:

Minjor wrote: »
    It's a bit surreal. There was a wave of teenage girls who became apologists for the Boston bomber when they noticed that he was a good looking chap.

I think in this case, his name was actually Handsome.

What seeds? It's beyond comprehension that they could go out on a little terrorism "holiday" and return to their main residence? I don't think such a number simply returning what is unfortunately their "home" is necessarily a big deal. But hey there must be drama in every detail :rolleyes:

How will they communicate with each other in the UK

Isis is supposed to be very tech savvy

And presumably when uk intelligence has the numbers they also have identities

Everyone of them is probably under surveillance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

How could the possibly know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

If you think 260 men is an insignificant number, remember that there were only 54 men in what would become the Nazi party when Hitler joined. Anders Breivik was only one man.

I doubt these guys left all their ideology behind them in the desert.

MI5 need to be wide awake.

Tony EH wrote: »
    How could the possibly know?

They count them on the way back from conflict zones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

They know the number, they know who they are in the UK, you can guarantee they are tracking them like hawks to see what exactly they are doing and who they are communicating with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Do you have a link to that story? Can't find anything online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Are the intelligence sources worried they'll try to incorporate Britain into the Caliphate?

HazDanz wrote: »
    If they know who they are in the UK you can guarantee they are tracking them like hawks to see what exactly they are doing and who they are communicating with.

Every one of them

They are assets now

Richard Watson on newsnight says according to his intelligence sources 500 left UK to join Isis 260 have since returned

They know the identity of the British IS executioner

I doubt very much he plans a return visit anytime soon

They know the identity of the British IS executioner

I doubt very much he plans a return visit anytime soon

Where did you hear that?

• Advertisement

Where did you hear that?

Sky news in my semi drunken state

Him and 2 others well known to other radicals and referred to as "the Beatles

British Intelligence will clearly know who he is and be monitoring

Advertisement