Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Sky news in my semi drunken state

Him and 2 others well known to other radicals and referred to as "the Beatles

British Intelligence will clearly know who he is and be monitoring

Guardian have a story on them here.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/20/isis-militant-islamic-state-james-foley-guards-british

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

h2005 wrote: »

Yes they also quote 500 IS brits same as newsnight

some of the alleged 260 returnees will undoubtedly be plotting outrages on UK soil
    . watch this space..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Yes they also quote 500 IS brits same as newsnight

some of the alleged 260 returnees will undoubtedly be outing outrages on UK soil
    . watch this space..

I wonder how many of the returnees have come home because they don't believe in what ISIS has become? I'd imagine there has to be a percentage that went solely to Syria to fight Assad and bring about regime change in Syria.

h2005 wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the returnees have come home because they don't believe in what ISIS has become? I'd imagine there has to be a percentage that went to Syria to fight Assad and bring about regime change in Syria.

Most i'd say are harmless
    but there will be some extremists bringing the fight home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Nino Brown wrote: »
    So blowing it off with a bomb is less evil than cutting it off?
    How about blowing up several civilians to kill one terrorist? Would it not be better to only cut the head off one guilty person, than bomb several innocents?

These things are relative, they think what they do is justified, and the west is evil, we think what they do is evil and we are justified, isn't that precisely what relative means?

I'm not defending them in any way, I'm just pointing out that in all wars both sides think the enemy is wrong, otherwise there would be no wars.

What is your point? These people want to kill, rape and maim every non Muslim in their path. There is no equivalent on our side. It is not relative. What they 'think' about us is immaterial. They are committing these acts, deliberately against civilians. No Western leader is calling for the death of all Muslims. Barack Obama is not holding up the dripping head of some poor Arab innocent man at his press conferences.
    Trying to posit that all military actions are the same is nonsense. America is very reluctant to get involved. It is the actions of these evil monsters that is forcing Obama to intervene. Nope, it's not all relative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Sky news in my semi drunken state

Him and 2 others well known to other radicals and referred to as "the Beatles

British Intelligence will clearly know who he is and be monitoring

I don't think they found him yet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11047420/Video-clues-that-could-unmask-James-Foleys-murderer.html

I am sure if they put out a reward, some people will be able to recognize his voice, his body shape and his eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

BBC just said according to intelligence sources 260 British isis fighters have returned to UK

Would they have grounds to arrest people they suspect of joining ISIS and have now returned? If it's considered a terrorist organisation, is membership of such an organisation reason enough to arrest them? Not sure how exactly they're planning to go about dealing with this issue.

Would it even be majorly difficult to find out exactly who this John character is from the beheading video? How many Johns (presuming his name is actually John!) from London who are Muslim and have recently left the UK to go to the Middle East can there be? Apparently the voice sounds "multicultural" or like he comes from a non-English speaking background. There are quite a few ways to narrow it down. I imagine that British Intelligence might have a fair idea of who he is or are at least are on the right track.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Would they have grounds to arrest people they suspect of joining ISIS and have now returned? If it's considered a terrorist organisation, is membership of such an organisation reason enough to arrest them? Not sure how exactly they're planning to go about dealing with this issue.

Would it even be majorly difficult to find out exactly who this John character is from the beheading video? How many Johns (presuming his name is actually John!) from London who are Muslim and have recently left the UK to go to the Middle East can there be? Apparently the voice sounds "multicultural" or like he comes from a non-English speaking background. There are quite a few ways to narrow it down. I imagine that British Intelligence might have a fair idea of who he is or are at least are on the right track.

if they can stop Glenn Greenwalds partner passing through a UK airport surely to christ they can stop these tourorists coming back from these places

i can shananigans on this piece of propaganda

gloves will be off anyhow,that's for sure

if they can stop Glenn Greenwalds partner passing through a UK airport surely to christ they can stop these tourorists coming back from these places

i can shananigans on this piece of propaganda

how is it propaganda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

And what will be done with Johnny?Sentenced to life?

If America get their hands on him first he'll be murdered,rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

LorMal wrote: »
    Trying to posit that all military actions are the same is nonsense. America is very reluctant to get involved. It is the actions of these evil monsters that is forcing Obama to intervene. Nope, it's not all relative.

Very reluctant i would say,just like Bush he was very reluctant to go after them WMDs,but it had to be done,thats what you have to do with these evil monsters isnt it,before they rape and kill their way all the over europe,they will be at our shores soon,they better break out the nukes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

I say we dust off the ole battle axes and what not and start up the crusades again!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Wouldn't ISIS have to designated as a proscribed organisation? An then wouldn't anyone arming them of funding them have to come under the realm of prosecution?

As for "John"....I didn't hear him talk, only a voice. How can anyone be sure that the guy in the video was in fact "John" from England and it was even his voice?

CptMackey wrote: »
    What?

These Muslims don't care that we are on the side of anybody. If you are not a Muslim then they would kill you without a thought.

They don't integrate and then they hate the west because we don't conform to their standards. They are a danger to Ireland just as much as the UK. If the fighters come back they will radicalize their piers and we will be dealing with a worse form of terrorism than the ira or the loyalists ever carried out on this island

Btw did you actually read the link you posted up?

And why would "These Muslims" do that?

Why would you say such a hateful thing? Are you saying that every single Muslim would kill without a thought?

Are you saying that? Because it sounds like you are. But if you are not stating that all Muslims would kill if one isn't one of them then come out and retract your disgusting vitriol.
    Otherwise hold your bile for a soap box at a skinhead rally, tattoos and all.

Bring your flagon of cider with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Egginacup wrote: »
    And why would "These Muslims" do that?

Why would you say such a hateful thing? Are you saying that every single Muslim would kill without a thought?

Are you saying that? Because it sounds like you are. But if you are not stating that all Muslims would kill if one isn't one of them then come out and retract your disgusting vitriol.
    Otherwise hold your bile for a soap box at a skinhead rally, tattoos and all.

Bring your flagon of cider with you.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about IS fighters. Your faux outrage is misplaced. IS are scum of the earth, I don't know how anyone could deny that.

That obviously doesn't mean ALL Muslims are. There are plenty of normal Muslims out there, and these filthy ISIS animals are hijacking their religion.

Theres one solution to ISIS an international force must go in a whoop that ass, then leave a residue force there to stabilize the region, the situation there couldnt be any worse.

Muslims arent to blame these people are fanatics using religion as a method of control to further there own agendas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

ISIS are not that bad I used to work for them,
    http://isis.com.au/

hahaha id say there sickened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I just sent them a tounge in cheek email asking them to change their name bcause i don't want people to think i worked for a terrorist organisation, there goes my future police checks

• Advertisement

moneyman wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about IS fighters. Your faux outrage is misplaced. IS are scum of the earth, I don't know how anyone could deny that.

That obviously doesn't mean ALL Muslims are. There are plenty of normal Muslims out there, and these filthy ISIS animals are hijacking their religion.

My outrage isn't the slightest bit "faux".
    That may be your term du jour. And if you are speaking for someone else then call him up and ask him what he meant. Better still advise the person for whom you seem to speak to clarify those about whom he himself expresses such fury.

My outrage isn't the slightest bit "faux".
    That may be your term du jour. And if you are speaking for someone else then call him up and ask him what he meant. Better still advise the person for whom you seem to speak to clarify those about whom he himself expresses such fury.

Sorry, I just can't believe someone is genuinely outraged at someone saying that IS kill people that aren't Muslim (or even their sect). It's empirically true that they do, the evidence is undeniable. Unless of course this isn't what you meant. I sincerely doubt that poster was saying all Muslims will kill any non-Muslim, though I will let him answer that for himself.

So where's the confusion here again? I think everyone is in agreement that ISIS need to be dealt with, and that they're not representative of Muslims as a whole.

evo2000 wrote: »
    Theres one solution to ISIS an international force must go in a whoop that ass, then leave a residue force there to stabilize the region, the situation there couldnt be any worse.

Muslims arent to blame these people are fanatics using religion as a method of control to further there own agendas.

Same old crap. Same old infantile Bruce Willis talk. Same old adolescent cheap dialogue.

Not long ago the Viet Cong were going to take over the world and put every non-gook from Seattle to Sarasota in a labour camp and feed them nothing but fish heads.
    Then it was the reds, then it was the fcuking Taliban. Weren't they supposed to be the darkest threat to life on earth.....or was that al queda? What's the "terror" level today, amber? Red? What did happen to that crap that you used to see scrolling along under Wolf Blitzer's stupid face? Maybe I was too busy checking mail for anthrax spores or taping up my windows with bin liners and sellotape to notice.
    Greatest threat in modern fcuking history. Such crap.
    So they murdered a guy. How come they are so much more or a threat than anyone who murders anyone?
    Get under the bed everyone. They're coming for you......

BOO!

Sorry, I just can't believe someone is genuinely outraged at someone saying that IS kill people that aren't Muslim (or even their sect). It's empirically true that they do, the evidence is undeniable. Unless of course this isn't what you meant. I sincerely doubt that poster was saying all Muslims will kill any non-Muslim, though I will let him answer that for himself.

So where's the confusion here again? I think everyone is in agreement that ISIS need to be dealt with, and that they're not representative of Muslims as a whole.

Yes, you should let him speak for himself.

Same old crap. Same old infantile Bruce Willis talk. Same old adolescent cheap dialogue.

Not long ago the Viet Cong were going to take over the world and put every non-gook from Seattle to Sarasota in a labour camp and feed them nothing but fish heads.
    Then it was the reds, then it was the fcuking Taliban. Weren't they supposed to be the darkest threat to life on earth.....or was that al queda? What's the "terror" level today, amber? Red? What did happen to that crap that you used to see scrolling along under Wolf Blitzer's stupid face? Maybe I was too busy checking mail for anthrax spores or taping up my windows with bin liners and sellotape to notice.
    Greatest threat in modern fcuking history. Such crap.
    So they murdered a guy. How come they are so much more or a threat than anyone who murders anyone?
    Get under the bed everyone. They're coming for you......

BOO!

What are you talking about, "they murdered a guy"?

In the last week alone, about 4600 Christians were murdered with cold blood by ISIS in Iraq and Syria. To put that in perspective, that's more than triple the entire death toll in the current Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They're killing non-Muslims indiscriminately, including children, in horrific ways. People aren't getting into a frenzy just because an American was beheaded. This is a vile group which is gaining more and more support from extremists, many travelling from Europe (and who will be returning again), who are gaining ground in the middle east at an alarming rate.

They're not going to just go away no matter what you think. Who cares if we're not under immediate threat? There's innocent, defenseless people who don't deserve to die for not believing in the exact same fairytale as the IS scumbags.

Embarrassing if you believe that.

Yes, you should let him speak for himself.

Right, so presumably when he comes back and confirms that he wasn't talking about all Muslims, you'll admit that you were talking out of your arse then. Nice one.

Notice how they're now being referred to as just IS. The dopes who invented this latest "threat" ... A gang with an English name (ISIS, give me peace!), didn't even check. The fools in Washington who made up this name then probably went on and called them ISS until some intern said "sir, that stands for International Space Station, we can't use that either".

Right, so presumably when he comes back and confirms that he wasn't talking about all Muslims, you'll admit that you were talking out of your arse then. Nice one.

Yes, thank you for your contribution.

What are you talking about, "they murdered a guy"?

In the last week alone, about 4600 Christians were murdered with cold blood by ISIS in Iraq and Syria. To put that in perspective, that's more than triple the entire death toll in the current Israeli-Palestinian conflict. They're killing non-Muslims indiscriminately, including children, in horrific ways. People aren't getting into a frenzy just because an American was beheaded. This is a vile group which is gaining more and more support from extremists, many travelling from Europe (and who will be returning again), who are gaining ground in the middle east at an alarming rate.

They're not going to just go away no matter what you think. Who cares if we're not under immediate threat? There's innocent, defenseless people who don't deserve to die for not believing in the exact same fairytale as the IS scumbags.

Embarrassing if you believe that.

Kind of puts things succinctly in perspective doesn't it. People warned that invading Iraq would be a bloodbath of biblical proportions. They said that while Sqddam Hussein maybe a dictator he keeps tribal factions apart and the country is secular with the best womens rights record in the middle east. They said that attacking the country would open the gates of hell. But of course foreign policy "experts" like you werehaving none of it. Gurus like you knew better, didn't you?

Well 1.5 million dead Iraqis and 4 million Iraqi refugees later, a country that is wrecked with barely a functioning power station, horrific birth defect from chemical weapons, 1 in 5 children who are orphans and lunatics descending on the place to settle feudal scores and now you are bitching about the fcuking state of affairs?

People like you...so called people who claim to know it all and then make excuses or blame everyone else when their horsesh1t predictions are even further off the mark than expectedmake me vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I haven't heard a peep out of Russia lately..doubt they'd be too keen on this lot getting too close to them. Are 'we' in the west having discussions with them, or are they still in the naughty corner? Putin doesn't seem quite on ISIS level, if you ask me!

Advertisement