Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Egginacup wrote: »
    Notice how they're now being referred to as just IS. The dopes who invented this latest "threat" ... A gang with an English name (ISIS, give me peace!), didn't even check. The fools in Washington who made up this name then probably went on and called them ISS until some intern said "sir, that stands for International Space Station, we can't use that either".

You are losing it now. ISIS...Islamic State of Iraq and Syria - changed to Islamic State as they have extended their ambition. Their name.

There are 'fools' out there all right, but not in Washington. Closer to home, I fear...

Same old crap. Same old infantile Bruce Willis talk. Same old adolescent cheap dialogue.

Not long ago the Viet Cong were going to take over the world and put every non-gook from Seattle to Sarasota in a labour camp and feed them nothing but fish heads.
    Then it was the reds, then it was the fcuking Taliban. Weren't they supposed to be the darkest threat to life on earth.....or was that al queda? What's the "terror" level today, amber? Red? What did happen to that crap that you used to see scrolling along under Wolf Blitzer's stupid face? Maybe I was too busy checking mail for anthrax spores or taping up my windows with bin liners and sellotape to notice.
    Greatest threat in modern fcuking history. Such crap.
    So they murdered a guy. How come they are so much more or a threat than anyone who murders anyone?
    Get under the bed everyone. They're coming for you......

BOO!

Cynicism isn't as cool, wise or knowing as you think it is. It's just sneering. Out of curiosity, what would you do about ISIS?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Kind of puts things succinctly in perspective doesn't it. People warned that invading Iraq would be a bloodbath of biblical proportions. They said that while Sqddam Hussein maybe a dictator he keeps tribal factions apart and the country is secular with the best womens rights record in the middle east. They said that attacking the country would open the gates of hell. But of course foreign policy "experts" like you werehaving none of it. Gurus like you knew better, didn't you?

Well 1.5 million dead Iraqis and 4 million Iraqi refugees later, a country that is wrecked with barely a functioning power station, horrific birth defect from chemical weapons, 1 in 5 children who are orphans and lunatics descending on the place to settle feudal scores and now you are bitching about the fcuking state of affairs?

People like you...so called people who claim to know it all and then make excuses or blame everyone else when their horsesh1t predictions are even further off the mark than expectedmake me vomit.

the experts who made the decisions to go to "war" knew exactly what the consequences woule be if Sadam was taken out, follow the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the experts who made the decisions to go to "war" knew exactly what the consequences woule be if Sadam was taken out, follow the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, it's all one big conspiracy. Like the moon landings, Elvis's death, JFK and Area 51.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

follow the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks always add weight.

If you follow the money it will largely lead to the Qatari royal family.
    As well as wealthy people in Kuwait, Bahrain & Saudi Arabia.

Nothing secret, so what is your point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

In response to a Robert Fisk article about ISIS in today's Independent, one commentator/military strategist advises:
    Personally I would carpet bomb the shyte out of them at prayer time while their botties are still up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

LorMal wrote: »
    Yes, it's all one big conspiracy. Like the moon landings, Elvis's death, JFK and Area 51.

Don't forget Diana being murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

You cannot win in a war against these people who do not play by the generally accepted rules of engagement.

People willing to behead innocent women and children and willing to walk into a crowded shopping area and blow themselves and everyone in the vicinity up don't command any respect.

You have to fight fire with fire. They should be killed by whatever means necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Cynicism isn't as cool, wise or knowing as you think it is. It's just sneering. Out of curiosity, what would you do about ISIS?

Good question answer it please egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Jihadi fighters who are found to be using Ireland as a base for regular trips to conflict zones in Syria and Iraq face losing their citizenship of this country. - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jihadi-fighters-risk-losing-their-irish-passports-30527620.html#sthash.OdDrn4te.dpuf

• Advertisement

Jihadi fighters who are found to be using Ireland as a base for regular trips to conflict zones in Syria and Iraq face losing their citizenship of this country. - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jihadi-fighters-risk-losing-their-irish-passports-30527620.html#sthash.OdDrn4te.dpuf

Not to be outdone, some gulf countries (Saudi Arabia & UAE) have passed a law that anyone who is part of IS will be executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geret

Not to be outdone, some gulf countries (Saudi Arabia & UAE) have passed a law that anyone who is part of IS will be executed.

for once, they're right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

They let the ISIS genie out of the bottle somewhat.

So anything to change the negative PR I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

These guys are not the next threat to civilisation, they drive around in pick up trucks in the middle of a desert. No harm to me behind my desktop. Ukraine a potentially far more threatening situation to us. They are however a serious threat to the peoples of that region and my are they savages, everyone who is not with them is an infidel. Watched a documentary on Live Leak and they are sick puppies, young men who feel ostracised from their own communities leave and join in this absolute nonsense organised by intelligent people no doubt but the foot soldiers are, almost hilariously if it wasnt so serious, incredibly stupid.

I just sent them a tounge in cheek email asking them to change their name bcause i don't want people to think i worked for a terrorist organisation, there goes my future police checks

Is there no end to the atrocities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Kind of puts things succinctly in perspective doesn't it. People warned that invading Iraq would be a bloodbath of biblical proportions. They said that while Sqddam Hussein maybe a dictator he keeps tribal factions apart and the country is secular with the best womens rights record in the middle east. They said that attacking the country would open the gates of hell. But of course foreign policy "experts" like you werehaving none of it. Gurus like you knew better, didn't you?

Well 1.5 million dead Iraqis and 4 million Iraqi refugees later, a country that is wrecked with barely a functioning power station, horrific birth defect from chemical weapons, 1 in 5 children who are orphans and lunatics descending on the place to settle feudal scores and now you are bitching about the fcuking state of affairs?

People like you...so called people who claim to know it all and then make excuses or blame everyone else when their horsesh1t predictions are even further off the mark than expectedmake me vomit.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You have no idea what my views were on that issue. You just got shown how ridiculous your argument is (sure ISIL are no more of a threat than any other person who murdered someone...) so now you're reverting to pathetic strawman arguments. I wasn't in support of invading Iraq and I certainly don't think I'm an expert. I'm just not a looney CT who is blind to what is happening right now. Your post has literally nothing to do with my post you quoted, as I wasn't arguing about what caused this situation. But well done on deflecting and creating arguments that weren't there - you're doing a fantastic job of displaying your understanding of the situation.

In response to a Robert Fisk article about ISIS in today's Independent, one commentator/military strategist advises:

Thanks for the link I just read the article. I thought it very weak. Fisk is usually better than that. No analysis - mocking in tone - 'vacationing President' 'scallywag Bill Clinton'.

Interesting use of language 'King Hussein’s unpopular peace treaty with Israel' - would he prefer Jordan to be at war??

Hmmnnn, maybe Robert has lived in Lebanon a few years too long.

geret wrote: »
    for once, they're right

Being part of ISIS includes non fighters too. Just thought I'd remind you of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Hmmnnn, maybe Robert has lived in Lebanon a few years too long.

I agree with you that it was a very weak offering from RF. It's a real shame that the author of the superb book "Pity The Nation" is now reduced to churning out nihilistic drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The butchering of James Foley really takes things to a new level. The video I saw shows the moments leading up to his decapitation and his body afterwards, I'm not sure if that's the one was originally posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ryanf1 wrote: »
    The butchering of James Foley really takes things to a new level.

Why? They have been murdering people like this for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Deco99 wrote: »
    These guys are not the next threat to civilisation, they drive around in pick up trucks in the middle of a desert. No harm to me behind my desktop.

You don't think they could come back to countries such as the UK (or maybe even Ireland) in their thousands and try the same kind of things? They may not get very far but they might have killed a good few people in the meantime..I'm thinking Mumbai sadly :( Someone please tell me the capabilities in the west far outweigh where all this is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

The most disturbing thing I've ever seen, but imo the western world should try to force themselves to watch it.

<mod snip>
    Don't post graphic images or links to graphic videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

You think thats bad, if you only knew what the western world gets up you'd change your tune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

It's bad enough for me.****ing hell like, that this can happen to human beings is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

What will the Kurds get out of all this? Absolutely nothing.

These guys are not the next threat to civilisation, they drive around in pick up trucks in the middle of a desert. No harm to me behind my desktop. Ukraine a potentially far more threatening situation to us. They are however a serious threat to the peoples of that region and my are they savages, everyone who is not with them is an infidel. Watched a documentary on Live Leak and they are sick puppies, young men who feel ostracised from their own communities leave and join in this absolute nonsense organised by intelligent people no doubt but the foot soldiers are, almost hilariously if it wasnt so serious, incredibly stupid.

What about the two evil bastards who murdered Lee Rigby in South East London? Were they of the same mindset as IS?

If they weren't locked up right now, I'd say they would be in Syria or Iraq. Possibly beheading journalists a posting videos of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I think you are incredibly naive. There are whole areas of the UK with fully muslim populations and within some of these areas are fundamentalist preachers. These preachers are picking up significant numbers of followers too and ISIS type ideology is probably being preached within these communities to the younger generations as they grow up. You might think its no harm to you when in fact the biggest threat in Europe possibly is right on your doorstep.

Hopefully MI6 are on the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

As if we would. The usual crowd would be up in arms and would cry and tantrum until the government backed down. For example, look at the amount of pressure they are putting on the government to rescue that kid in Egypt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

nd wrote: »
    It's bad enough for me.****ing hell like, that this can happen to human beings is just wrong.

Worse happens everyday to human beings and has for a long time.

Luckily for this man, if that would be the correct phrase, he appears to have been shot dead before the head was removed thankfully. For such a small knife they get through it very quickly actually, thought it would take longer with a blade of that size but I guess they have plenty of experience of it at this stage.

Not nice to watch but not a new phenomenon either.

The almost cult like cheering of Allah o akbar while its happening is always interesting. Like a defense mechanism to the brutality.

Advertisement