Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Karl Stein wrote: »
    A good all round summation of what's going on.

Excellent post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Deco99 wrote: »
    Recent conspiracy theory suggests the video is a fake.

I've no desire to watch it so cant give a personal opinion

The fake notion is rubbish
    The mans head was put on his back
    The conspiracy theory goes with the idea that the blade was blunt and the cutting delivered no blood .
    I would contend that the guy with the blade didn't perform the act.
    From the beheading clips that are complete from beginning to end it takes four people to hold the misfortunate victim down
    Sympathies to his family
    Humanity is lost .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Why would it be a fake? Do you think these IS guys would have reservations about cutting off his head? The bottom line here is that the middle east ,like Africa, has historicly been plundered by outside forces.This continues to this day only now,America/Europe,Russia,Iran,and some of the Gulf states,are acting like scavenging hyenas and don't seem to be able to stand back and agree a policy that might bring about stability in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I find this is the best video to explain ISIS
    https://vine.co/v/MlvJzmeQwpv

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

LorMal wrote: »
    Allegedly dead?????? Didn't look like a superficial wound to me..

I think it's safe to say that Foley is dead...and has been murdered. I'd just like to know if he was really beheaded on camera or not.

That's all.

And while the revulsion surrounding his ALLEGED decapitation has been swirling around and causing no end of outrage among those, Obama included, to scream for retribution, it might be worth mentioning that on the day Foley was supposedly beheaded, 19 people were decapitated in public in Saudi Arabia. One of them was beheaded for (wait for it) witchcraft.

Now, not a peep came from Washington or Whitehall regarding this medieval cull, yet we are expected to listen to more war drums over a murder elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I can hardly believe IS is real.

It's like some parody spoof movie , starring stereotypical evil villains.

Or 1990's kid's TV.

It would be great to fast-forward to a gang of international kids save the day, like that show, Spellbinders

In fairness they seem realier then "Al Qaeda" they were such a threat back then and couldn;t organise ****

and i'm not talking about the supposed hijackings but in general

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Mr. Foleys beheading was actually filmed in same warehouse as the moon-landing was

Yours
    Conspitacy Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Now the muslims ISIS have demanded ransom for a young Americam aid worker held hostage since last year

A 26-year-old aid worker who was kidnapped from Syria last year has been confirmed as the third hostage held captive by the Islamic State (aka ISIS).
    The terror-group has demanded a $6.6million ransom for the woman, as well as the release of imprisoned neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734792/ISIS-demand-6-6million-ransom-26-year-old-American-woman-held-hostage.html#ixzz3BYy0Os9l

Pay the ransom and get them back.

islam has been spreading itself by the sword for over 1400 years, time they learn that we've had enought of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Well talk about blind faith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

There's a conspiracy theory forum for that bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

h2005 wrote: »
    There's a conspiracy theory forum for that bollocks.

I only answered the question before me. I didnt contribute to the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

The UN now say Assad is "likely" to have used chemical weapons. Am I the only one who has seen the video where it is suggested that ISIL had a hand in it with former US army help? Amazing how when there is a call for western intervention, these super intelligent groups do the most stupid things like use chemical weapons or behead a foreign journalist which garners the public backing required for the intervention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm not a bit right after watching the beheading of a couple of teenagers while they were still alive (for some morbid curiosity I clicked on a link, on liveleaks via 'Syrianfight', could only watch half of it), allegedly by IS. not posting the link, believe me, I'm doing you a favour.

has me thinking, as most of us agree they're despicable and barbaric,
    whats to be done long term? what can be done?

back up the Kurds militarily, and hope they can hold them off. Carpet bomb IS when the chance presents? hope they go away?
    as my enemy's enemy is my fried, is Assad back in the good books?
    hope al-Abadi can pull Iraq together?
    presumably if "democratic elections" take place would result be a more extreme muslim brotherhood? is there such a thing as a moderate muslim in this part of the world?
    "engage" with them, give them a bit of Syria and Iraq for their Caliphate and hope they go away...?
    the west abandons the middle east and leaves them at each other.s throats?
    dissolve the artificially created borders (other than Israel!) and let tribes/sects decide boundaries?

ideas for solutions please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm not a bit right after watching the beheading of a couple of teenagers while they were still alive (for some morbid curiosity I clicked on a link, on liveleaks via 'Syrianfight', could only watch half of it), allegedly by IS. not posting the link, believe me, I'm doing you a favour.

has me thinking, as most of us agree they're despicable and barbaric,
    whats to be done long term? what can be done?

back up the Kurds militarily, and hope they can hold them off. Carpet bomb IS when the chance presents? hope they go away?
    as my enemy's enemy is my fried, is Assad back in the good books?
    hope al-Abadi can pull Iraq together?
    presumably if "democratic elections" take place would result be a more extreme muslim brotherhood? is there such a thing as a moderate muslim in this part of the world?
    "engage" with them, give them a bit of Syria and Iraq for their Caliphate and hope they go away...?
    the west abandons the middle east and leaves them at each other.s throats?
    dissolve the artificially created borders (other than Israel!) and let tribes/sects decide boundaries?

ideas for solutions please?[/QUOTE]

let them at it...once they are not killing innocents....an organinsation that big will tear itself apart once it has no one to battle with....it will end in a rather horrendous internal bloodbath for all these youngsters turning up to fight for them as internal powerstruggles take hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I presume, seeing as the US is already scouting out IS target zones in Syria, that the way forward will be to airstrike the shizzle out of IS occupied areas there. And then ratchet up support for Iraqi/Kurdish peshmerga forces with arms and intelligence.

I think the fact that Iraqi government forces seemed to deal with the IS invasion of Mosul and Tikrit largely by cutting and running facilitated the fcuked up situation we're seeing now. Granted we're dealing with an especially vicious and brutish bunch of b@stards, but I think support for these forces needs to be a first port of call for US and Europe, along with support and collaboration with neighbouring countries who are also at high risk.

Think the biggest problem right now is inaction, or political paralysis by the US, given their reluctance to put boots on the ground in Iraq for obvious reasons and their equal unwillingness to facilitate Assad in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

let them at it...once they are not killing innocents....an organinsation that big will tear itself apart once it has no one to battle with....it will end in a rather horrendous internal bloodbath for all these youngsters turning up to fight for them as internal powerstruggles take hold

i could live with that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So given that there has been a few days past since it has emerged via video evidence that ISIS stripped semi naked 250 Syrian solders, forced marched them to exhaustion and then proceed to execute each and every last one of them, you would think that the largest anti war organisation in Ireland would issue a statement about the latest events in Iraq. Well... not really. Instead they are still reading from their hymn sheet and pleading to the West to stop bombing ISIS and leave northern Iraq alone. Could not make this up tbh.

http://irishantiwar.org/node/2208

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

jank wrote: »
    So given that there has been a few days past since it has emerged via video evidence that ISIS stripped semi naked 250 Syrian solders, forced marched them to exhaustion and then proceed to execute each and every last one of them, you would think that the largest anti war organisation in Ireland would issue a statement about the latest events in Iraq. Well... not really. Instead they are still reading from their hymn sheet and pleading to the West to stop bombing ISIS and leave northern Iraq alone. Could not make this up tbh.

The clue's in the name...they are anti war. ISIS hate democracy, clearly...but some people in the West seem to detest its actual central values, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

ideas for solutions please?

Support the FSA in Syria who have actually fought Islamic militants in all their guises. Support the Sunni tribes in Iraq via giving them a proportionate saying in the govt of Iraq(Maliki denied them this hence his downfall). Oh and cut off funding for IS via wealthy individuals in Saudi\Qatar etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

the anti war movement are against the wars that created ISIS, and those who are profiting from the illegal wars knew this as they began them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Oh gimme a break. Irish anti war are just anti American. Hypocrites the lot of them. Bunch of left overs from the woodstock era.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

the anti war movement are against the wars that created ISIS, and those who are profiting from the illegal wars knew this as they began them!!

I suppose the west are to blame for the Syrian civil war too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Saudi Arabia doing there bit as usual.

http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/623511

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Internet Video Purports to Show Beheading of US Reporter Steven Sotloff
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/29640658-418/islamic-state-claims-to-have-executed-us-journalist-steven-sotloff.html
    In the video entitled “A Second Message to America,” Sotloff appears in an orange jumpsuit before he is beheaded by an Islamic State fighter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

I suppose the west are to blame for the Syrian civil war too.

well yes they are, they were busy trying to get Assad out by any means and it's completly backfired on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

well yes they are, they were busy trying to get Assad out by any means and it's completly backfired on them!!

The Syrian Civil War is caused by the Arab Spring. Are you going to blame the West for the Arab Spring now?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Bloody savages. Imagine that, your family knowing that you had died like that and that anyone can watch it on the internet. I can't think of anything worse tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bloody savages. Imagine that, your family knowing that you had died like that and that anyone can watch it on the internet. I can't think of anything worse tbh
    There are loads of worse things. Loads.

Oh gimme a break. Irish anti war are just anti American. Hypocrites the lot of them. Bunch of left overs from the woodstock era.

What's with the "anti-American" label anyway? Does that mean that you are "pro-American"? And what does "pro-American" mean exactly?

If someone comes out and expresses outrage at a clear case of malfeasance on the part of the US government or military (and mark my words they are too numerous to count) all we seem to hear from those who want to sweep it under the rug is "anti-American!!!! go live in Cuba!" or some blather. There's never a case of "you know, the guy's right, that action or decision was definitely suspect or criminal". No it's just.. scream the "anti-American" card without using a braincell. Same thing with Israel. Express opposition or outrage at Israel discrimination against Arabs and instead of people saying "actually, yeah it IS a disgrace that ethnic Arab citizens of Israel are not allowed the same rights as Jews" you just get an echo of "ANTI-SEMITE!!!!!!" .... again without a shred of thought or intelligent discourse.

It'll never change. People just can't think for themselves. They have no balls to stand alone in the face of ridicule and question things. They have no ability to follow their conscience for fear of being vilified. So they go along with the mob. Easier that way.
    You don't have to be alone to face uncomfortable truths when you can run with the crowd and echo each others hollow platitudes and slag off anyone who disagrees. No need to contemplate other points of view. No need to even contemplate facts. Just run with the narrative that guides the path of least resistance and pour scorn on anyone who might wish to spend a bit longer than 10 seconds having their minds made up for them by someone else.

• Advertisement

Anyway,

ISIS are just another example of blowback thanks to disastrous, clueless and ill-thought out decisions made by America in its constant march towards controlling energy resources and strategic locations in the Middle East.
    Arm a gang of lunatics to fight against Assad. Nevermind thinking it out. Nevermind who they are or what they do just turn them loose in Syria. It didn't take long for these nutcases to run amok in Iraq as well. As usual, America, with its housefly attention span and Bruce Willis approach to the real world fcuks up yet again. The truly childish way they approach things is staggering. But then what do you expect from a nation who are raised to get pissed off over late pizza deliveries instead of being patient, analytical, intelligent like other nations.
    They arm the Afghan mujihadeen to fight the Soviets....then when the scrap is over they break their word to help rebuild the country and fcuk off laughing and high-fiving each other and then wonder why 10 years later there are such things as Al-Qaeda and the Taliban attacking them. They hug each other and say "we try to help everyone. they hate us for our freedoms" bullsh1t. And now they're at it again creating yet another entity through their own arrogance and stupidity in the form of ISIL/ISIS/IS. And they'll be whimpering and building memorials to dead Americans for years to come thanks to their creation of these groups.

Advertisement