Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

They basically take EVERY word literally in quran so they are basing it on this stuff:

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled. quran 9:29

...so we aren't muslims and need to be "humbled" and forced to pay tax to them for it

LMAO
    well they aren't the only ones who literaly take nonsense from a book.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Public opinion will soon agree to boots on the ground in Syria. Which they wouldnt agree to a year ago. Thank you ISIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

america are very involved in all this

Not to the degree made out ,

The majority of the rebel groups and FSA were heavily funded and armed by Arab countries.
    The American's took a very cautious approach to arming and funding various groups

• Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Bad time to have such a weak American president

It was much worse having an even weaker president in 2003.

Everything happening now in Iraq is a direct consequence of 10 years of selfish and idiotic interference in a country America had no business being near.

Gatling wrote: »

The majority of the rebel groups and FSA were heavily funded and armed by Arab countries.
    The American's took a very cautious approach to arming and funding various groups

But they are extremely reckless about supporting their allies.

According Robert Fisk, a lot of arms that get to these Jihadi groups like IS, are coming from Saudi and Pakistan, who are in turn funded and equipped by the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

They should bomb the dirty snedgers to bits, decapitating people in this day and age is unreal, medieval stuff! Or better still, capture them alive and limit them to a strict diet of bacon!

ISIS have been trained by the Americans.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    ISIS have been trained by the Americans.

Bull****

Tony EH wrote: »
    But they are extremely reckless about supporting their allies.

According Robert Fisk, a lot of arms that get to these Jihadi groups like IS, are coming from Saudi and Pakistan, who are in turn funded and equipped by the US.

Saudi funds come from themselfs and certainly not through America , all this instability suits certain Arab nations .

One the more interesting supplies of certain weapons systems come from the unlikely source of China

America's been funding and supplying arms to both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They should bomb the dirty snedgers to bits, decapitating people in this day and age is unreal, medieval stuff! Or better still, capture them alive and limit them to a strict diet of bacon!
    two beheadings are childsplay compared to shrapnel from a clusterbomb

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah but its the intent behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Never thought I'd see anyone describe a beheading as "childsplay" :confused:

America's been funding and supplying arms to both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for years.

They sell what the Saudis one of the richest countries in the world exactly want they to buy .

Pakistan haven't bought anything worthy weapons wise consider there forces are fairly under equipped under funded .but why do they give money to Pakistan to equip there forces to maintain security and prevent there nukes going missing or worse

You're missing the point. :confused:

The supplies that the US have been furnishing their allies with have been ending up in the hands of the likes of IS.

Bull****

No it's not. An acknowledged fact. Israeli newspapers were crowing about the great training ISIS were receiving last February. Before of course they started to run amok.

All part of the run up to going after Iran.

You're missing the point. :confused:

The supplies that the US have been furnishing their allies with have been ending up in the hands of the likes of IS.

Explain the Chinese weapon shipments then when Russia was dead against anybody getting involved

Peist2007 wrote: »
    No it's not. An acknowledged fact. Israeli newspapers were crowing about the great training ISIS were receiving last February. Before of course they started to run amok.

All part of the run up to going after Iran.

Post links to real varfied facts please

Not tin foilery

Explain the Chinese weapon shipments then when Russia was dead against anybody getting involved

Explain what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

WWIII is at the door, America, and the clock is ticking.

I can see why Iran wants the "Bomb", and maybe it's time to let them get the bomb. I don't think Israel will be their priority target.

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq, unless there is “rapid” action.

“If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month,” he said in remarks quoted on Saturday by Asharq al-Awsat daily and Saudi-backed Al-Arabiya television station.

If American and the Allied nations would act decisively now, the forward movement of ISIS could be stopped dead in it’s tracks. But no one is acting in any meaningful full outside of soundbites and press conferences. ISIS is advancing because the powers that be are have allowed for them to advance.

A collective apathy has settled down on the world’s leaders, rendering them powerless. Hitler could have easily been stopped, but he wasn’t. By the time America and the West woke up, it was already too late and 55,000,000 people died because one man was allowed to proceed unchecked. One man.

• Advertisement

Explain what exactly?

Every one is a saying America supplied and armed isis .

But yet China has been supplying several tons of military weapons on a regular basis .

America isn't the only country involved and most involved have there own agenda.

So what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

old_aussie wrote: »
    WWIII is at the door, America, and the clock is ticking.

If American and the Allied nations would act decisively now, the forward movement of ISIS could be stopped dead in it’s tracks. But no one is acting in any meaningful full outside of soundbites and press conferences.

So how are you suggesting they "act decisively"?

A nuclear bomb? And undo the last 70 years of political reasoning aimed towards no one ever using a nuclear bomb again?

A full scale war after the criticism that the 2003 invasion of Iraq received?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Perhaps we could all have a meeting and talk about some sanctions against ISIS.
    Sanctions would do it. Definitely.

Or if that doesn't work, maybe some sanctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Locomotion wrote: »
    So how are you suggesting they "act decisively"?

A nuclear bomb? And undo the last 70 years of political reasoning aimed towards no one ever using a nuclear bomb again?

A full scale war after the criticism that the 2003 invasion of Iraq received?

what would you suggest?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

LorMal wrote: »
    Some old narcissism. Do you ever stop to thinK that the rest of us might actually be capable of independent thought? And that we still might not agree with you?

Well there are two types of people. Those who can handle the truth no matter how uncomfortable and those who can't. The ones who can't handle the truth generally recognise when they are about to be presented with a piece of information that completely discredits their view in that they either launch into ad hominem attacks or they deflect the issue so as they don't have to dwell on it long enough for it to actually expose their errant position.

Not questioning one side of an argument and simply accepting a position is not independent thought at all.

Well able to think for myself pal. What's with the long winded passage? Do you think your more intelligent than those of us who see IS for what they really are? Sometimes, you know, things really are just Black and white. IS are simply evil savages. The international community should be coming together, putting boots on the ground and destroying them. No need to over complicate it. Keep it simple. Kill em all. Eradicate the problem and move on. Morals don't come into it because IS don't have them in the first place. If they want their 72 virgins I'm sure the combined will of the international community could easily arrange it. Just needs a leader with a real set of balls to organise it. Unfortunately it seems obama ain't that leader. ...

Well, after reading this dross...

Yes, go and stand in front of the UN with your superlative grasp of world affairs and geopolitics and deliver your "let's kick ass and take names!" speech.

humanji wrote: »
    MOD: Please don't link or offer links to videos of people being executed.

I didn't add any links to people being executed. But you know what, there are people on here who beat their chests and call for bombing and killing everyday. These same people should be forced to watch images of the aftermaths of the attacks and maimings and killings that they routinely call for. You'd see how strong their gung-ho stomachs are then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Never thought I'd see anyone describe a beheading as "childsplay" :confused:
    yeah i hear ya, i'm just struggling to get my head around all this. USA declares war on Iraq for no genuine reason, (i'm not anti war or anything), they level the place and hand it over to an eejit and an army that have no interest in their new occupation and then leave their new "democracy to them to sort out....prior to this you have pics in every newspaper of American urinating on iraqi's ...leading them around like dogs....torturing them with techniques not seen since medieval times and publicizing the fact, sexually humiliating prisoners, bombing innocent people with bombs that emit shrapnel that would melt you ....
    I must admit i did not see the socalled IS coming....i see calls from Americans to get Europe to sort it out because USA has to do everything...yeah if you're a f**ing goldfish that cannot remember who created this vacuum... i'm only ranting now....i just can't see the surprise at beheadings when hundreds of thousands were killed in the "war"...

• Advertisement

I would just like to know what exactly ISIL/ISIS/IS are supposed to have done that is causing such outrage.
    This isn't a joke question, I'm serious and genuinely want to know what sets them apart.

And please just answer the question. I don't want to hear from anybody who just glibly says "Oh, so you think it's just fine these guys do this that and the other? You think they just need a hug?" or some crap.
    Save that kind of response for your drinking group.

Advertisement