Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 icecold1066

Gatling wrote: »
    That's one persons opinion based on America coming to save the day ,

These isis guys aren't your average so called rebels screaming allahu akbar ,allahu akbar, every time they fire a gun ,

These are well trained equipped and well versed in military tactics and have the complete military chain of command ,
    No body wants to fight these guys the americans couldn't defeat the taliban in over 10 years of fighting in Afghanistan ,
    These guys make the taliban look like dads army

The reason the West pulled out of Iraq and has been losing Afghanistan is because of an unwillingness of spineless Western politicians elected by spineless pacifist indoctrinated Western public to take casualties.

American and NATO forces have only lost a few thousand dead in Iraq and Afghanistan and have ran from Iraq and are considering running from Afghanistan.

In Iraq and Afghanistan Western firepower inflicted enormous casualties on Al-Qaeda and the Taliban.

Even as Obama urges military actions against ISIS he and Cameron are promising not to put boots on the ground.

How the hell are you supposed to win a war without boots on the ground and without taking casualties?

The squeamishness and cowardice has to end.

The West needs to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

The reason the West pulled out of Iraq and has been losing Afghanistan is because of an unwillingness of spineless Western politicians elected by spineless pacifist indoctrinated Western public to take casualties.

American and NATO forces have only lost a few thousand dead in Iraq and Afghanistan and have ran from Iraq and are considering running from Afghanistan.

In Iraq and Afghanistan Western firepower inflicted enormous casualties on Al-Qaeda and the Taliban.

Even as Obama urges military actions against ISIS he and Cameron are promising not to put boots on the ground.

How the hell are you supposed to win a war without boots on the ground and without taking casualties?

The squeamishness and cowardice has to end.

The West needs to wake up.

Will you go?

Will you go?

Will you?

Future generations will be forced to fight if nothing is done in this generation.

Recent polls show that a significant minority of French youth i.e. Muslims support ISIS.

That means France may have to fight an internal war to crush Islamists who may take over whole cities. Remember those riots a decade ago? The rioters were shouting Allah Akbar.

Every European country with a sizable Muslim immigrant population will be fighting against jihadists on their own streets in the future if ISIS is not stopped right now.

We already have about 20,000+ Muslims in Ireland and they are having larger families than native white Irish people are.

In Britain there are hordes of them and they have taken over cities like Bradford which might as well be called Bradistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

I reckon they should blow the dust off the nukes and just be done with it,

Will you?

Future generations will be forced to fight if nothing is done in this generation.

Recent polls show that a significant minority of French youth i.e. Muslims support ISIS.

That means France may have to fight an internal war to crush Islamists who may take over whole cities. Remember those riots a decade ago? The rioters were shouting Allah Akbar.

Every European country with a sizable Muslim immigrant population will be fighting against jihadists on their own streets in the future if ISIS is not stopped right now.

We already have about 20,000+ Muslims in Ireland and they are having larger families than native white Irish people are.

In Britain there are hordes of them and they have taken over cities like Bradford which might as well be called Bradistan.

I won't go no, because I'm not calling for it. Only a hypocrite would call for a war they themselves won't fight in. Interesting that you failed to answer that question.

Ah yes. They're having more kids than, as you put it "native white Irish". Because that is what it's really about, for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Nobody will put boots on the ground with the likes of cleric Muqtada al-Sadr threatening he will raise an army and wipe them out this guy has taken on the American's several times in Iraq is is still wildly popular across Iraq .and Is heavily backed and funded by iran

Now think about it you send troops to stop isis then you come under protracted attacks and ambushes before you even get to look at an isis fighter .
    Then you have more and more militias attacking the good guys who will have no problem cosying up to isis against a now common enemy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Will you?

Man you have an over active imagination. Any educated Muslim will not agree with the practices of ISIS.

I won't go no, because I'm not calling for it. Only a hypocrite would call for a war they themselves won't fight in. Interesting that you failed to answer that question.

Ah yes. They're having more kids than, as you put it "native white Irish". Because that is what it's really about, for you.

Muslims do not share our tolerant enlightened democratic values.
    The majority of Muslims are moderates but there is no moderate Islam.
    It is more political than religious.
    It is not voluntary and it orders people who leave it to be killed.
    It lays obligations to non members in society and commands its followers to imitate the Prophet.
    The Prophet Muhammad was a liar, rapist, mass murderer and a pedophile.
    This is why ISIS believe they can do the same today.

It lays obligations to non members in society and commands its followers to imitate the Prophet.
    The more Islam penetrates any society the more Shariah gains ground and secular law degenerates.

The more Islam penetrates any society the more Shariah gains ground and secular law degenerates.
    There are parallel cities within Western cities and parallel Muslim states within Western states.

• Advertisement

Islam is the cancer of the world and must be stopped its the for told Antichrist , round them up ,

There are parallel cities within Western cities and parallel Muslim states within Western states.

Right...

mphalo1 wrote: »
    Islam is the cancer of the world and must be stopped its the for told Antichrist , round them up ,

Who's going to round them up? And who exactly is 'them'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

These posts are full of bigotry and frankly ignorance. Islam deserves respect as any other religion and i'm finding your engagement with the topic of ISIS maybe just a get out clause to have a go at muslims which is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

HazDanz wrote: »
    Man you have an over active imagination. Any educated Muslim will not agree with the practices of ISIS.

I know it may not be very PC, but there is no doubt that there is an ever growing issue with Islam that we need to face up to and talk about. They may be in the minority, but they are a very large and extremely dangerous minority. Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Queda, IS, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood and the list goes on and on.

The saying 'evil prospers when good people do nothing' comes to mind. I'm delighted that we are concerned for the average muslim and what may happen if we vilify Islam. However, I believe we need Muslims to be involved in the conversation as to what must be done to eradicate this evil. Its actually not that too far fetched to imagine those Islamists on our own shores being emboldened etc. They have already bombed NYC, London, Boston and Madrid, not to mention the countless victims from Sudan, Nigeria, Iraq, Syria etc. They are doing this in the name of Islam. They are looking to bring about Sharia, and they view your average westerner as infidels deserving of death. I know that they recruit angry young men in our nations too, and that their numbers are increasing. It would be very unwise for us to simply stick our heads in the stand about such a reality. When a ISIS member shows up at someones home, I don't think they look to have a theological discussion about the intricacies of the Koran and if what they are doing is wrong. This Islamist problem is an unfortunate issue that muslims must confront and help deal with in the modern world as much as we do. I'm reminded of the group of Muslims standing in front of the Coptic Christian church in Egypt, preventing Muslim Brotherhood members torching it. We need more such courage and action from the Muslim world IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

These posts are full of bigotry and frankly ignorance. Islam deserves respect as any other religion and i'm finding your engagement with the topic of ISIS maybe just a get out clause to have a go at muslims which is embarrassing.

No religion deserves respect. Respect an individuals right to believe in whatever bull**** they want, but as long as no one else is adversely impacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Exactly - there are 2 billion Muslims and he's speaking only about a tiny minority within Western nations, who already have small numbers of Muslims.

The vast majority of Muslims, through their recent protests, vastly outnumber those travelling to Syria/Iraq, and vastly outnumber those sympathetic to the cause.

They may share a common dislike of much of Western policy in the Middle East, but you can't conflate this with all sharing the same ultra-extremist ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

....hmmm......
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

While the world focuses on Gaza , ISIS continue their genocide of anyone and everything.

They have now been reported to have captured a group of women and children, and are beheading them.

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS (RAW) - ISIS begins killing Christians in Mosul, CHILDREN BEHEADED

now imagine the roles reversed no you can't can you "Christians capturing Muslims and beheading them ,women and children 2014 demanding to convert to being a Catholic or we'll kill you , burning down mosque,s you infidels we,ll have no mercy, it just doesn't sound right does it , that's the difference were good their bad

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

JimiTime wrote: »
    I know it may not be very PC, but there is no doubt that there is an ever growing issue with Islam that we need to face up to and talk about. They may be in the minority, but they are a very large and extremely dangerous minority. Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Queda, IS, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood and the list goes on and on.

The saying 'evil prospers when good people do nothing' comes to mind. I'm delighted that we are concerned for the average muslim and what may happen if we vilify Islam. However, I believe we need Muslims to be involved in the conversation as to what must be done to eradicate this evil. Its actually not that too far fetched to imagine those Islamists on our own shores being emboldened etc. They have already bombed NYC, London, Boston and Madrid, not to mention the countless victims from Sudan, Nigeria, Iraq, Syria etc. They are doing this in the name of Islam. They are looking to bring about Sharia, and they view your average westerner as infidels deserving of death. I know that they recruit angry young men in our nations too, and that their numbers are increasing. It would be very unwise for us to simply stick our heads in the stand about such a reality. When a ISIS member shows up at someones home, I don't think they look to have a theological discussion about the intricacies of the Koran and if what they are doing is wrong. This Islamist problem is an unfortunate issue that muslims must confront and help deal with in the modern world as much as we do. I'm reminded of the group of Muslims standing in front of the Coptic Christian church in Egypt, preventing Muslim Brotherhood members torching it. We need more such courage and action from the Muslim world IMO.

As a Muslim, I very much agree with your assessment. I don't in the slightest consider ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram etc. to represent Islam, and they are just as much a problem for Muslims are they are for the west. Religion is a very powerful tool and unfortunately is does get wrongly used. Conversation and co-operation is the only way forward - and unfortunately whilst some young lads do get brainwashed to join these wrong causes (and it is our responsibility to ensure we minimise that), the majority of us do see right from wrong and just want to live in peace.

But the problem with the middle east isn't that these groups have formed out of nowhere because a cleric somewhere has come up with a radical interpretation of the Koran. Much of the momentum behind them comes directly as a result of an angry backlash to western foreign policies/invasions in the area, and as much as us moderate Muslims need to play their part to tackle the issue, so must the west realise the part it has played in their creation (even to the extent of supplying these groups with arms when they first formed, such as the taliban when they were fighting the russians in afghanistan).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

JimiTime wrote: »

You do realise many of those groups oppose each other and aren't the same sect of Islam?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I won't go no, because I'm not calling for it. Only a hypocrite would call for a war they themselves won't fight in.

Do politicians themselves go to fight in wars they vote to fight in?

This is why they have armies, they have people who want to fight. Don't join an army if you don't want a fight.
    It doesn't mean one can't want for an army to intervene, the soldiers chose this career path, it is not one I would ever choose, unless the circumstances were at the most extreme for where I live and the options most limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

As a Muslim, I very much agree with your assessment. I don't in the slightest consider ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram etc. to represent Islam, and they are just as much a problem for Muslims are they are for the west. Religion is a very powerful tool and unfortunately is does get wrongly used. Conversation and co-operation is the only way forward - and unfortunately whilst some young lads do get brainwashed to join these wrong causes (and it is our responsibility to ensure we minimise that), the majority of us do see right from wrong and just want to live in peace.

But the problem with the middle east isn't that these groups have formed out of nowhere because a cleric somewhere has come up with a radical interpretation of the Koran. Much of the momentum behind them comes directly as a result of an angry backlash to western foreign policies/invasions in the area, and as much as us moderate Muslims need to play their part to tackle the issue, so must the west realise the part it has played in their creation (even to the extent of supplying these groups with arms when they first formed, such as the taliban when they were fighting the russians in afghanistan).

This is all very very true. The likes of ISIS/ISIL, al Qaeda, Al Shabaab and Boko Haram are evil terrorist groups who use and abuse Islam as a source of power. They misinterpret and reinvent it and they are the loudest voices. The voice of moderate Islam is thus not as strong.

Up until the 1960s or even into the 1970s, these type of organisations were non-existent or were fringe cults (similar to equally zany Christian ones like Devid Koresh's group) that held no great power or influence. The cold war is what created a lot of the growth of these. Anyone opposed to Soviet interests were supported by the West ranging from the fanatic agri-communist terrorist group Khmer Rouge to the stone age tyranny of the Taliban and its terrorist al Qaeda associates.

1979 seemed to be the year it all went bad. That was the year of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The communist government of Afghanistan was far more moderate and progressive than what came after it. First off, was infighting and then the Taliban sect predominated and we know the rest. Repression not seen since the days of the Khmer Rouge, more war, 9/11, more war, no change, Afghanistan remains one of if not the poorest non-African country.

1979 also saw the formation of a poor government in Iran that was quickly usurped by peasant gunmen. I don't blame Ayatollah Khomeini at all by the way: he was old and in very poor health (suffering from heart condition and a depressive disorder caused by his son's death a few years earlier). He seemed to have decent policies but was never allowed to be himself. But Khomeini was used as a symbol to legitimise power by those who had already taken power before Khomeini even came back from France to Tehran. Khomeini was told to be obedient and very quickly a military junta fronted by greedy politicians like Rafsanjani and Ali Khamenei emerged. Khomeini's family are now among the main critics of the 1979 'revolution'. The latter two took power later and still are involved although the Revolutionary Guards (the Iranian answer to the Khmer Rouge) are the real power but Khamenei is happy to front for them. Only now with a moderate president Rouhani may Iran be able to finished off the 1979 revolution and set the next step in motion: social freedom and separation of church and state.

1979 also saw the rise of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. Like Iran's junta's willingness to use Khomeini, a poorly old man, as a front, Saddam did the same with his Baathist predecessor. Only Saddam did not wait for him to die: he convinced him to retire instead and took over and then killed people he considered troublesome. While Saddam did not impose any fascist misinterpretations of Islam, he launched a war with Iran that was twofold: it impoverished Iraq and gave the Revolutionary Guards Junta in Iran a legitimacy they would never have enjoyed otherwise (without Saddam's invasion, the Islamic Republic of Iran Pasdaran style would have been over in 5 years and the Rev Guards/Pasdaran would never have been able to consolidate so much power). Iraq was a basketcase by 1988 when the war ended and Saddam started taking short term risks and invaded Kuwait. This meant he fell out with the US and the West and invited a war with them. Another war ended Saddam's rule in 2003 and from 2004 to now, Iraq is a land of violence and terrorism and that looks set to continue for a long time.

1979 was also the year when the foundations of al Qaeda were formed. Late that December after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the US was talking to the Saudis to recruit and train foreign fighters as well as developers to rebuild to go to Afghanistan. All were Arabs from the Arabian peninsula. One of them was a certain Osama bin Laden.

1979 was also the year when other groups took inspiration from what was going on elsewhere. There were riots in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan's already 'Fascist Islamist' regime expanded its ideology. Overall, a very poor year for world politics especially in the Middle East. But 1979 was the start of a long list of years of trouble in the Middle East that get worse all the time. The Iranian hostage crisis of 1979-81 looks comparatively tame when we look at the ISIS beheadings and Zarqawi's similar ones from 2004. A certain respect for life and pragmatism existed even with gangsters like Iran's Revolutionary Guards and their 1979-81 hostage taking or the Hezbollah and their 1980s Lebanese hostage takings (there was some bit of common decency) but this does not at all exist in ISIS. The motivation here seems to be pure hatred and not bargaining like in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

There is no bargaining with these people - there is no middle ground. There should be zero tolerance in western society for anyone who shares their radical Islamic ideology or supports them in any way. New laws need to be incorporated in the EU whereby someone can be stripped of citizenship should they believe or support any of that nihilistic doctrine. In the west, we believe in freedom and equality for all - the world view of ISIS is completely antithesis to this - so why should they or any of their sympathisers be granted any rights when what they seek to do is remove equal rights from women and condemn homo-sexuality? The ECHR is a joke and needs disbanding - its position has been abused time and again, its time that the EU stood up and confronted what is a global threat and started to look within. The two ideologies cannot live side by side - we cannot have people walking our streets who believe sharia law should be implemented world wide and think that it is their divine duty to do so. How much more blood has to be spilled before the west finally stands up and realises the threat that exists?
    And one other thing that should be levelled at these people - you often hear from them about "interference in Muslim lands" - well these countries and lands they are talking about weren't always Muslim lands - far from it. The Yazidis for example were around a lot longer than any Islamic sect, yet I don't hear any ISIS sympathiser come out and say anything about ISIS ethnically cleansing what were originally Yazidi lands. the two-aced hypocrisy should be astounding - but it is not, as it is par for the course with these people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

A full scale war after the criticism that the 2003 invasion of Iraq received?

If necessary. What happened in 2003 is of academic interest. A decision needs to be made on the basis of the situation on the ground as it stands, with ISIS as it stands, and the capabilities of the interested parties as they stand. If sending a couple of Striker Brigades in is going to be a significant start to solving the problem, then that's what needs to be done. Not putting out the current fire because you got burned by the previous fire is stupid logic.
    Will you go?

Frankly, yes. I've done two tours already, and have no particular desire to lose a third year of my life in, frankly, a part of the world which has little appeal for me. However, I could tolerate another jaunt for this.
    Today we have a declining America saddled with massive debts weary of war.

Weary of Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps. However, ISIS have pissed off the American people, and we don't confuse the three of them. If it means more debt, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This would be the first good fight since WW2

There will be no anti-war protest over this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

This would be the first good fight since WW2

There will be no anti-war protest over this

Don't be so sure - the IAWM will be out in force if there's any concerted drive to dislodge ISIS. The levels of hypocrisy out of them is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tony EH wrote: »
    Let's not get carried away. IS are about 10,000 strong by most estimations.

While they remain a particularly vile entity and a threat to specific regions within Iraq, Syria, etc, they are no way near the capacity needed to gain control of the entire country, or any country for that matter.
    Gatling wrote: »
    I believe your statement is flawed ,

Estimated 10,000 strong when it kicked off in iraq its safe to say you could double or treble that number now ,

And these apparently 10,000 rolled and left in tatters an army 30,000+ strong who have 10 years of training and were very well equipped with both heavy armour ,artillery ,air cover ,

Even if that was the case and I don't believe it is, they still wouldn't have anywhere near the capacity to take control of Iraq completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

So, we have radicalised Islamists in a bid to create a new Caliphate, a fully Muslim land that shoukd you wish to live in & not convert will make you liable for taxes and they'll kill anything in it's way to get it.
    Then we have radicalised Zionists in a bid to keep, maintain & enlarge a fully Jewish land that's government agenda is to keep it's "infiltrators" ( or asylum seekers/non Jewish immigrants as it's known to us) at a very low percent so as to not dilute it's Jewishness. They're slaughtering in Pslestine at a rate IS would be proud off. Why is only one worthy of being stopped?
    Religion is a curse on the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Do you judge all Christians and Jews by their most extreme followers also?

Would you be of the opinion that all Jewish people believe we are a sub species and there just to serve them?

Would you be of the opinion that the world is about 12,000 years old and that humans came from Adam and Eve and dinosaurs and men walked the planet together?

I suspect not, or more to the point, I suspect no rational thinking person would hold all followers of a faith responsible for its most extreme faction.

There is nothing wrong with Islam as a religion, certainly no more then Christianity and Judaism, to put it in the simplest terms, bad people will do bad things and they will use any reason they think will work for justification of their deeds.

Advertisement