Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think this "jihad John" guy needs to be dealt with in the most inhumane barbaric way possible. I simply don't think that capturing him or even killing him will do justice for the acts he has carried out.

Personally, I'd like to see him videoed being skinned alive then thrown in a bath of salt. His death should be slow and unmercifully painful, as a message to any other would be Isis cretins. It's often said that the western world shouldn't go to the level of these dark age *****. I think we should and we should do it in a way that sends chills down their spines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

DarkJager wrote: »
    I think this "jihad John" guy needs to be dealt with in the most inhumane barbaric way possible. I simply don't think that capturing him or even killing him will do justice for the acts he has carried out.

Personally, I'd like to see him videoed being skinned alive then thrown in a bath of salt. His death should be slow and unmercifully painful, as a message to any other would be Isis cretins. It's often said that the western world shouldn't go to the level of these dark age *****. I think we should and we should do it in a way that sends chills down their spines.

You seem to be forgetting that many extremist Muslim terrorists love a martyr, what you're suggesting would make him (even more) of a hero in the eyes of many of those lunatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

He is a pawn.

He should get life imprisonment for his crimes. Anything more would elevate his status above what he or his organisation deserves.

You seem to be forgetting that many extremist Muslim terrorists love a martyr, what you're suggesting would make him (even more) of a hero in the eyes of many of those lunatics.

A martyr is someone who dies in action for the cause. I would seriously doubt that a video of this cowardly **** screaming in agony and being utterly humiliated in his dying breaths would be classed as martyrdom.

He is a pawn.

He should get life imprisonment for his crimes. Anything more would elevate his status above what he or his organisation deserves.

Absolutely not, he deserves death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

As a matter of interest are the bodies of these men returned to the families for a proper burial or even mourn??

As a matter of interest are the bodies of these men returned to the families for a proper burial or even mourn??

Of course not, probably thrown in a ditch somewhere in Syria to rot.

A martyr is someone who dies in action for the cause. I would seriously doubt that a video of this cowardly **** screaming in agony and being utterly humiliated in his dying breaths would be classed as martyrdom.

But he would be a martyr, he'd be executed in a brutal way as a direct result of his actions which he did for his cause, in the same way Bin Laden was a martyr in the eyes of many Al-Qaeda sympathisers.

These people are fucked up in the head, don't forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Of course not, probably thrown in a ditch somewhere in Syria to rot.

I don't think enough is being done to combat Isis.

But he would be a martyr, he'd be executed in a brutal way as a direct result of his actions which he did for his cause, in the same way Bin Laden was a martyr in the eyes of many Al-Qaeda sympathisers.

These people are fucked up in the head, don't forget that.

I don't think any thought should be given to the idea of martyrdom for this group. Annihilate them and if captured, murder them in the most brutal method possible. This group are a cancer on the world and as such, there should be absolutely no compassion shown in their demise.

• Advertisement

I don't think enough is being done to combat Isis.

No there is definitely not enough being done. Their stronghold is Raqqa in Syria. I can't understand why the use of cluster bombs or napalm have not been authorised for drops on that area. Yes, more than likely a few civilian casualties but the threat this group poses is too much to leave the gloves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

For those who are foreign born, I would like to see them extracted out of Iraq and Syria and returned to their former countries and tried as traitors. If sentenced to death, it should be a woman executing them.

I don't think any thought should be given to the idea of martyrdom for this group. Annihilate them and if captured, murder them in the most brutal method possible. This group are a cancer on the world and as such, there should be absolutely no compassion shown in their demise.

I'm not arguing with you on that point, but this is what you originally stated:
    Personally, I'd like to see him videoed being skinned alive then thrown in a bath of salt.

Which basically means: Kill him brutally, video it, and distribute it. That wouldn't help in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

No there is definitely not enough being done. Their stronghold is Raqqa in Syria. I can't understand why the use of cluster bombs or napalm have not been authorised for drops on that area. Yes, more than likely a few civilian casualties but the threat this group poses is too much to leave the gloves on.

I think that fascist radical 'Islam' has become a monster out of control. It is a horrible ideology that is relentless in its interfering in every aspect of people's lives and deliberately designed to keep people weak, depressed, poor and isolated.

ISIS are just the tip of this huge iceberg. Ever since the late 1960s, forms of this ideology have gotten into power, have lead successful rebel groups and have worst of all staged spectacular terrorist acts such as Lockerbie, Bali, Madrid, London and of course 9/11. Thriving in messed up African and Middle East countries, groups like the Taliban, al Shabaab, ISIS and Boko Haram are unfortunately the loudest and most recognised voices in modern Islam. They also are the most intolerant fascists in the world today along with the LRA in Uganda (more of same, only Christian). Extremism has only thrived in the modern age and especially in the post 9/11 era. Whether it is in England or Eirtrea, Spain or Syria, extremism can flare up anywhere: mostly by 'Islamic' fanatics but there are also other extremists too like Uganda's LRA and Brevik in Norway.

I'm not arguing with you on that point, but this is what you originally stated:

Which basically means: Kill him brutally, video it, and distribute it. That wouldn't help in the slightest.

Absolutely. I don't see why the western world should be a shining beacon of "justice" when this group think nothing of wheeling out some lanky **** to cut the heads off people. Gloves off - destroy these ****ing imbeciles and make a statement to any would be followers of them that the same fate awaits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Going on some comments on here it seems like these extremists are succeeding in that they are turning us into extremists too. Just at the opposite side of the spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,049 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The issue is there is a terrified, subjugated civilian population at stake here, people who have spent generations under one tyrannical regime or other and who deserve to be liberated insofar as is possible.

Resistance, intelligence and infiltration are the best weapons against IS, but where concentrations of their guys are discovered or they take up military posture, they should be attacked with the most ferocious weapons available to the coalition, shock and awe has its role.

Also the gloves need to come off in Britain, France, Germany and in Ireland also. It should be made clear to Muslim communities that in the search for radicals and jihadists, if they are not fully with the authorities in countries in which they reside then they are against them. The wandering jihadists scoff at the soft underbellies of their adopted countries, y they must have the smirk wiped off their faces with relentless hassle, deportation, exclusion, internment in camps totally apart from the civil prison system.

Absolutely. I don't see why the western world should be a shining beacon of "justice" when this group think nothing of wheeling out some lanky **** to cut the heads off people. Gloves off - destroy these ****ing imbeciles and make a statement to any would be followers of them that the same fate awaits.

That "statement" would have no effect whatsoever, besides giving ISIS's followers a reason to look up to him as a hero. They already hate the West, the reason they're at this now is because of the West's bombing of the Middle East, what you're suggesting wouldn't even deter ISIS in the slightest, if anything it would only invigorate them.

Going on some comments on here it seems like these extremists are succeeding in that they are turning us into extremists too. Just at the opposite side of the spectrum.

Fight fire with fire. They behead a European citizen without a care in the world? That's fine, murder their entire family and relations in front of them, then murder them in the most humiliating degrading way possible.

Fight fire with fire. They behead a European citizen without a care in the world? That's fine, murder their entire family and relations in front of them, then murder them in the most humiliating degrading way possible.

Do you really think that would end well? Just give one teeny, tiny bit of thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

That's fine, murder their entire family and relations in front of them

That's what the West has been doing for generations, hence the emergence of groups like ISIS.

Do you really think that would end well? Just give one teeny, tiny bit of thought.

Couldn't care less what they think of it. This group are going to be annihilated anyway, so we might as well give them a taste of their own medicine. While we're at it, maybe a full scale review of Islamists in Europe is necessary? Send them back to their dark age cesspits if that's the culture they want to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

That's what the West has been doing for generations, hence the emergence of groups like ISIS.

So, before the West was involved, it was just a bunch of friendly chaps drinking tea then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

UCDVet wrote: »
    So, before the West was involved, it was just a bunch of friendly chaps drinking tea then?

Stop being facetious. Contribute something or close your laptop.

The emergence of radical Islam in the 20th century cannot be understood without considering the West's perpetual interference in that area of the world. That's all I'm saying.

For the record, I'm not an apologist for any of those groups. I find them absolutely abhorrent and they deserve to die for what they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Stop being facetious. Contribute something or close your laptop.

The emergence of radical Islam in the 20th century cannot be understood without considering the West's perpetual interference in that area of the world. That's all I'm saying.

For the record, I'm not an apologist for any of those groups. I find them absolutely abhorrent and they deserve to die for what they're doing.

First off - I want to be absolutely clear on this - I'm not on a laptop. I find the whole idea of laptops to be off-putting. I'm running an Acer Predator desktop I got from Komplett.ie

I won't lie, it's not a great PC, and I could have built it myself and maybe saved a few quid....but the thing is, it was cheap, easy, arrived quickly and all that jazz. I can't complain.

When it comes to computing power for your money - laptops are just a poor investment. Sure, if you absolutely must be mobile, okay, maybe a laptop is your only option....but the performance of a desktop is just so much better. Not just the performance but upgrading a laptop's internals is a nightmare. It'll take me an hour just to get my old laptop's keyboard disconnected. With a proper PC - everything is accessible and designed so that you can swap out parts.

Honestly, if I had to be mobile, I'd probably look at something like a low-end tablet + keyboard, and a low end desktop for home use - rather than trying to get a decent laptop that could do everything, ya know?

Anyway, I just wanted to be clear....I'm a big fan of the desktop. A lot of perks - and heck - if I need to, I'm happy to carry my PC where I need to. We used to do LAN parties back in the day, and really, it's a bit more fuss than a laptop, but only a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

http://www.funker530.com/germany-bans-all-isis-support-after-sharia-police-were-found-patrolling-german-streets/

The Germans and the Dutch are doing the right thing, time for other countries to do this as well. Zero tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gintonious wrote: »
    http://www.funker530.com/germany-bans-all-isis-support-after-sharia-police-were-found-patrolling-german-streets/

The Germans and the Dutch are doing the right thing, time for other countries to do this as well. Zero tolerance.

According to the comments on that site, zero tolerance means deporting all Muslims and black people.

I'm pretty sure that openly supporting an active terrorist organisation is already illegal in most places and falls under incitement to hatred/violence laws.

According to the comments on that site, zero tolerance means deporting all Muslims and black people.

I'm pretty sure that openly supporting an active terrorist organisation is already illegal in most places and falls under incitement to hatred/violence laws.

Some of those comments are horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Comments under ANY article these days are moronic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭twinytwo

A man much wiser than any of us once said,

"An eye for eye and the whole world goes blind"

Advertisement