Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Rogaine2

ahmdoda wrote: »
    Why do you think ISIS established the Islamic state and attempted to restore the Caliphat?

What's the Caliphat? A pope-like position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Rogaine2 wrote: »

Caliphate = the territory

Caliph = the ruler of the territory

I'm surprised they haven't taken this lad out yet. I'd give him a month.

So who is he? The guy on the videos who beheads the people?

So who is he? The guy on the videos who beheads the people?

The self proclaimed Caliph, head of the Islamic State is this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20140714/371210_Al-Baghdadi.jpg

An Iraqi. We should have seen that coming!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

I hear ya, but these guys are putting it up to the world and I just don't think that there is going to be any toleration whatsoever on the world stage for this, in these times. You can't imprison these guys or try to rehabilitate them back into some sort of a normal society. I reckon any day now, we'll be waking up to a "shock and awe" type missile intervention on a scale not previously seen in this world, that is going to hammer these guys until they haven't as much as a pick up jeep left to move around in, and I don't believe for a second that there will not be an infantry ground invasion. By the time there is one though, there will be so little left of ISIS that it will be more a cleaning up operation than a high risk combat operation.

I hear ya, you guys , them guys, shock and awe. What part of America are you from?

I hear ya, you guys , them guys, shock and awe. What part of America are you from?

Never been in the US in my life, I'm Dublin born & bred.

Never been in the US in my life, I'm Dublin born & bred.

Hey man you watchin too much goddamn teeee veeee.

Hey man you watchin too much goddamn teeee veeee.

Don't think so, just calling a spade a spade.

Don't think so, just calling a spade a spade.

More a comment on dialect than content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

A caliphate is an Islamic state ruled by a caliph also known as Amīr al-Mu'minīn or Commander of the Faithful.
    All of the Muslim empires that existed in the Muslim world are described as "Caliphates". the first caliphate was the Rashidun Caliphate founded after mohammed death and lasted 29 years reaching its greatest extent under Caliph Uthman,followed by the Umayyad Caliphate then came the Abbasid Caliphate with the last Caliphate being established by the Ottoman which lasted 624 until 1923 following WW1 the land of the caliphate was then divided in the Sykes–Picot Agreement
    creating the modern Arab world.

You can now see how from 632 to 1923 the Muslims have always had some sort of a Caliphate lead by various people who descend from the Quraysh tribe since the prophet states that "The imams are from the tribe of Quraish" Hence why Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi-ISIS leader- faked his name to indicate he descend from the tribe to fool the Muslims into believing him, This is what ISIS want, to restore the Caliphate which is to be lead by the Caliph last seen in 1923.They claim that they are the people that will restore the Caliphate who are mentioned in the following Hadeeth by the prophet

The Prophecy will remain amongst you as long as Allah wills, then when Allah will he will take it away.[by muhammed death] Then it will be Khilafah Rashidah for as long as Allah wishes. Then when he wishes he will take it away. Then there will be hereditary leadership for as long as Allah wills.[ Umayyad Abbasid Ottoman caliphate]Then when Allah wills he will take it away. And then there will be tyrannical rule for as long as Allah wills.[Modern day rulers of the arab world] Then when he wills he will take it away. Then there will be a Khilafah on the method of the Prophet.[ISIS believe it is them] And then the Prophet (SAW) remained silent." [Musnad Imam Ahmed 4/273]

However any Scholar of Islam will understand that Isis did not Establish a true Caliphate nor did it meet the requirement for one and hence does not represent the Muslim world instead we Muslims believe that its the Mahdi who will appear near the end of times is the one who will restore the Caliphate.

And then there will be tyrannical rule for as long as Allah wills.[Modern day rulers of the arab world] Then when he wills he will take it away.

How long does Allah will?

And then there will be tyrannical rule for as long as Allah wills.[Modern day rulers of the arab world] Then when he wills he will take it away.

How long does Allah will?

only allah knows

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

A huge fuss is being made about the beheadings but the Saudis beheaded 19 criminals on the day the 1st american journalist was beheaded - apparently one of the 19 was beheaded for witchcraft.

No sign of Obomba carpet bombing Saudi Arabia!

only allah knows

Allah is a wee bit sadistic me thinks!

daUbiq wrote: »
    A huge fuss is being made about the beheadings but the Saudis beheaded 19 criminals on the day the 1st american journalist was beheaded - apparently one of the 19 was beheaded for witchcraft.

No sign of Obomba carpet bombing Saudi Arabia!

Have you a link to back this claim up?

So - nothing like Americans beheading Eastern people as you claimed?

So - nothing like Americans beheading Eastern people as you claimed?

No idea what you are talking about; that is not what I said -why don't you read the post again?

This is what I wrote:

"A huge fuss is being made about the beheadings but the Saudis beheaded 19 criminals on the day the 1st american journalist was beheaded - apparently one of the 19 was beheaded for witchcraft.

No sign of Obomba carpet bombing Saudi Arabia!"

Have you tried reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

The only way to sort this out is a 90 day air campaign, with 200 targets per night, which will leave these guys without as much as a pick up truck left to use.

Then send in ground troops and round up every last one of them and show them the same mercy that they have shown their captives, down to the last man, execute every one of them. There is no other way of sorting this out that I can see...

And then onto Saudi Arabia where they do the same stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,895 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So ISIS beheading innocent aid workers = Saudi executing criminals now?

Clutching at straws a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

o1s1n wrote: »

i don't think they were all criminals

Not at all - just high lighting the fact that the fuss being made over the beheadings is bollix as it's a common practice throughout the Muslim world - one of those guys was beheaded for witchcraft - the Saudis are just as barbaric, they've got better PR and more money though.

i don't think they were all criminals

They are killing each other. They have the option to democratically outlaw killing.

To behead three aid workers in as many weeks?

They are killing each other. They have the option to democratically outlaw killing.

IT'S THE TROLL AGAIN. :D

Please try harder and try reading the entire article instead of just the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

wha?

Not at all - just high lighting the fact that the fuss being made over the beheadings is bollix as it's a common practice throughout the Muslim world - one of those guys was beheaded for witchcraft - the Saudis are just as barbaric, they've got better PR and more money though.

I dont think you even know about the concept of witchcraft in Islam and the terrible crimes and harm they do to people since your talking about it so lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 34,895 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Beheading two US journalists and a UK aid worker (and threatening to behead another aid worker) all the while taping the murders, making threats against major western powers and then uploading them online is not a common practice - and of course a fuss is going to be made.

It's in no way comparative with executions in Saudi. Even if the execution style is similar. There's a lot more to it than that.

Beheading two US journalists and a UK aid worker (and threatening to behead another aid worker) all the while taping the murders, making threats against major western powers and then uploading them online is not a common practice - and of course a fuss is going to be made.

It's in no way comparative with executions in Saudi. Even if the execution style is similar. There's a lot more to it than that.

Of course there is... I was simply bringing this to everyone's attention. The Americans warmongers practically created ISIS and if they believe bombing them into next week will fix it, they are gravely mistaken... I'm sure you and anyone with half a brain knows this, obviously this doesn't include our troll friend Rogaine. The Iranians and the Saudis will simply bankroll another group of Muslim men whose fathers were killed by American extremists, and then the whole thing repeats itself.

Everyone knows the Saudi justice system is barbaric with the beheadings and hangings, etc., yet the yanks have allied themselves with this country and it's cruel and medieval justice system.

In my opinion, American extremism has created Islamic extremism and they have absolutely no idea how to counter it without the use of extreme violence. Of course, various people and corporations will make lots and lots of money when the bombs start dropping but don't let that affect your justification for another slaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I dont think you even know about the concept of witchcraft in Islam and the terrible crimes and harm they do to people since your talking about it so lightly

what harm can witchcraft actually do?
    turn someone into a frog?

Advertisement