Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Minjor wrote: »
    Same story for Saudi Arabia then? But in fairness, they've arms and hundred of planes bought from the West, about time they made themselves useful.

When it comes down to it, that country is responsible for a lot of extremism over the years. It's time for them to start repenting for the huge funding they've given Islamic militants.

Its the same ,

They wont get involved unless directly threaten either ,as it stands the current air strikes are coming from Cyprus or Qatar and the UAE saudi is involved but in apparently limited circumstances,

Saudi probably have the best equipped forces in the region

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Gatling wrote: »
    Turkey doesnt get involved in any thing because there afraid of upsetting some of there own Muslim community ,
    They are quite happy to be a member of nato as long as it doesnt involve them deploying troops or equipment ,
    They could easily lead the way in these conflicts but there simply not interested ,
    After this and isis is dealth with im pretty sure the kurds will set up there own state then things could get interesting,

Add the fact a lot of foreign Isis are openly travelling through turkey to get both Syria and iraq

Genuinely interested to hear opinions on why this would be interesting? I dont know much about it tbh!

ardinn wrote: »
    Genuinely interested to hear opinions on why this would be interesting? I dont know much about it tbh!

Simple if the Kurds established there own state and there's a fair amount of talk on the idea .
    They will be equipped and trained by America and other allies .
    Turkey for one won't be happy at all about the idea of both the Kurds own sovereign state and being armed and trained .
    Most likely they will object in every way possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Looks like you don't even have to be part of isis to get in on the act these days.

Just converted, and trying to convert others, sick dickwad.

Law enforcement agents said the 30-year-old man, who recently converted to Islam, returned to the factory where he carried out the attack.

An Oklahoma man has beheaded a woman and injured another shortly after being fired from his job.

Obviously picked on the most vunerable first.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-27/5773348

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Good to see this bloke removed from society.

The 18-year-old man who was shot dead after stabbing counter-terrorism officers in Melbourne may not have been acting alone, police say.

Abdul Numan Haider was shot dead on Tuesday night after he stabbed two officers during a meeting outside the Endeavour Hills police station.

One of the injured officers from Victoria Police was discharged from the Dandenong Hospital on Thursday afternoon.

Haider, whose family are from Afghanistan, had been associated with a radical Islamic group and there are reports he had been seen brandishing a black Islamic flag.

News videos appear to have filmed the others he was with prior to the attack attending his funeral.

They are shown in the news video dress like burka outfits, only their eyes are visible. Too cowardly to show their faces at his funeral.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-25/police-stabbing-prompts-calls-for-arming-of-all-officers/5768006

The news video of this event appears to have been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭SwiftJustice

How many countries has the noble peace prize winner bombed now??

Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Somalia...Hope and Change lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How many countries has the noble peace prize winner bombed now??

Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Somalia...Hope and Change lads.
    I have absolutely no issue with the US bombing ISIS targets, nor do I see an inherent condradiction between such an action and a policy objective of peace and stability in the region.

There will always be justified military actions in this world.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I have absolutely no issue with the US bombing ISIS targets, nor do I see an inherent condradiction between such an action and a policy objective of peace and stability in the region.

Has the bombing campaigns in any of the countries on that list brought about peace and stability??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Has the bombing campaigns in any of the countries on that list brought about peace and stability??

only outcome is endless war from it all!! "justified this time" my bollock$!! i'm getting sick of hearing this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Who is this "we"?

What is your solution?

The west in general.

We support the forces already trying to battle ISIS.

Nobody answered my question either about how to stop the Saudi Arabia dictatorship from cutting of peoples heads as well. Prince Charles efforts of dancing with the Royal dictators failed.

• Advertisement

Just because the Americans say it grand & because anyone else in the Western world is afraid to speak out against them doesn't make it justified.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Even if ISIS are rid of won't another group pop up in a few years with similar ideologies? Not being defeatist but we're almost fighting a losing battle against Islam, it's poison.

This will happen. And we'll have another so called "justified" reason to bomb Iraq some more. This cycle will probably keeping going on until we've killed everyone in Iraq. But were not fighting ISLAM were fighting were fighting a bunch of loopers who try to justify what there doing to the people in the region by using the Islamic faith.

America bombs Iraq because it is threatening the peace and stability of the middle east with all of it's WMD's. It then invades the country, disbands the military and lets the militia have at each other. It then installs a puppet sectarian government that enraged the Sunni north that leads to instability and allows Isis to take control.

America then turns its attention to Syria. Wanting to piss off Iran, it allows Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia to stir up a bloody Sunni/Shia civil war. It then wades in to train heart-eating 'moderates' and now to complete the circle **** it now wants to bring peace and stability by bombing the **** out of the country.

America bombs Iraq because it is threatening the peace and stability of the middle east with all of it's WMD's. It then invades the country, disbands the military and lets the militia have at each other. It then installs a puppet sectarian government that enraged the Sunni north that leads to instability and allows Isis to take control.

America then turns its attention to Syria. Wanting to piss off Iran, it allows Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia to stir up a bloody Sunni/Shia civil war. It then wades in to train heart-eating 'moderates' and now to complete the circle **** it now wants to bring peace and stability by bombing the **** out of the country.

That's a really good description of what's happened. you could also add they helped install the Ba'th party government who were suppose to have the WMD.

Who do people think is worse ISIS or the Shankill Butchers?

ISIS are worse in terms of numbers which makes up a moderate sized guerrilla force were the Butchers were just a small unit of maybe a dozen men & the ISIS have much more sophisticated weaponry & have killed much more mainly thanks to those advantages..

But I think the Butchers were worse in the way they tortured & killed people in their romper rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭barry181091

Haven't really followed this until recently but it really is craziness. I didn't realise the amount of fighters that have come from Ireland :eek: Wtf?

Haven't really followed this until recently but it really is craziness. I didn't realise the amount of fighters that have come from Ireland :eek: Wtf?

Probably dosnt help moderatism when the Inman of the main mosque in Ireland is sending his children off to support the Muslim Brotherhood.

Why how many is there?

What's with the references to the northern troubles.

Isis has beheaded and executed and crucified lliterally thousands in a few months pretty obvious who's worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Who do people think is worse ISIS or the Shankill Butchers?

ISIS are worse in terms of numbers which makes up a moderate sized guerrilla force were the Butchers were just a small unit of maybe a dozen men & the ISIS have much more sophisticated weaponry & have killed much more mainly thanks to those advantages..

But I think the Butchers were worse in the way they tortured & killed people in their romper rooms.

Why does it matter? Both are terrible. Its not a competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

I think enough is enough with these bastards. We, the west, simply must send in John Matrix and John Rambo.

Why does it matter? Both are terrible. Its not a competition.

It doesn't matter it's just a game you don't have to play if you don't want.

So how many civys have "we the west" killed in Iraq Part 3 so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

This is like that Father Ted episode "Speed" were milk float has to keep going around at a certain speed so a bomb won't go off & the priests are there trying to come up wit solutions to the problem "what about we say another mass perhaps?". It's like the Americans situation to the Iraq problem every single time. "what about some more bombing from above?" Since the the 1920's when we started using chemical weapons on them this has been our policy to these unfortunate people, overthrown presidents & kings, installed the Ba'th party, uninstalled it. We really are a bunch of dangerous maniacs.
    Agreed on all points except the "we"should be "they" .
    Unless of course your British or American.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just because the Americans say it grand & because anyone else in the Western world is afraid to speak out against them doesn't make it justified.

I'm not speaking out against them on this one not because of their say so or fear. It's because I agree with them. If Irish men had been beheaded by these ***** I would want Irish troops on the ground over there. Call it irrational (it is irrational), but these terrorists are literally the scum of the ****ing earth and anything that causes them to die or potentially disperse is a positive thing for the world.

It doesn't matter it's just a game you don't have to play if you don't want.

Its only a game

Ok you run along and play

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its not the west they are fighting now its the civilised world

fcukers may have bitten off more than they can chew:)

I'm not speaking out against them on this one not because of their say so or fear. It's because I agree with them. If Irish men had been beheaded by these ***** I would want Irish troops on the ground over there. Call it irrational (it is irrational), but these terrorists are literally the scum of the ****ing earth and anything that causes them to die or potentially disperse is a positive thing for the world.

There was Irish people decapitated by bombs in Dublin did you want Irish troops to go into N.Ireland?

If this had been in Russia or China the Americans wouldn't have done anything because there armies might pose a threat to the United States, unlike the gang of ragtag loopers their going to bomb.

deseil wrote: »
    Agreed on all points except the "we"should be "they" .
    Unless of course your British or American.

When I say "we" I mean the West in general.

You know us great guys who managed to slaughter 90 million people in 2 World Wars in the space of 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

When I say "we" I mean the West in general.

You know us great guys who managed to slaughter 90 million people in 2 World Wars in the space of 30 years.

Would you have favoured just letting Hitler get on with it? Some of your political allies back then did indeed favour just that.

http://markhumphrys.com/sfira.nazis.html

• Advertisement

There was Irish people decapitated by bombs in Dublin did you want Irish troops to go into N.Ireland?

What's with the obsession with the north

Advertisement