Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Anyone watch the video? This time, unlike the last few times, you hear a little scream as the knife slices into the skin. A lot were saying the videos were fake. But sure how could they be? Unless isis go to the bother of making replica heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Defender OF Faith

Drakares wrote: »
    We're talking about Muslims and Christians now. Not 200 years ago. The "Catholic Problem" has been more or less solved with time since people became more scientifically informed and the church became less strict.

Are you saying it's all well and good now that Islam has it's turn to start killing people since the Catholic Church has done it?

Stop twisting my words to suit your argument. If you can't form any coherent argument then don't post at all. It is stupid and you should feel bad.

The fact that you dont see this is because Christianity began disappearing since the era when Marx wrote his Communist Manifesto, where we find Christianity described as a dying religion.
    This probably started in the 19th cen. & almost until the beginning of the 20th cen. as Christianity stopped to be a leader religion that could bring people or drive them & did not do anything in the religious side,but easily adapted to the modern era in other words Christianity as a spiritual religion for a group of people is dying as by the virtue of its establishment.
    We find that it can not withstand the social revolution for it's clear in the bible that Fornication is an abomination yet after the 1960 sexual revolution it became accepted among the Christians them self similarly drinking wine & eating swine.
    For the Christian if he went once to church in sunday it's considered to be a good thing while a Muslim kneel on his knees in prayer five times a day at specific times, its Islam with a strong faith that it can withstand any changes in the world. The teachings of Islam has survived and withstand the most difficult situations and just as there remains nothing of Judaism as a result of falling under the shadow of Zionism the only major religion left standing is Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Neeson wrote: »
    Anyone watch the video? This time, unlike the last few times, you hear a little scream as the knife slices into the skin. A lot were saying the videos were fake. But sure how could they be? Unless isis go to the bother of making replica heads.

Didn't watch them at all .

But sever forensic experts believe they weren't beheaded on camera.

We're essentially seeing the before and after shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

I think the West needs to settle its differences with Syria, Iran and Russia and join forces with these to tackle the common enemy that is ISIS. The West made a bad mistake with supporting the 'Arab Spring' and encouraging it. Instead of a spring, it is more a winter. If asked to name one country that improved since the Arab Spring, you'd be hard pressed to name it. Tunisia just maybe but as for Libya, Syria, Egypt, etc. things have got a lot worse.

As for the West's future alliances with rebel groups: a clear thought should be worked out on what such groups are. There is no reason why the West should be enemies of Assad. Assad has never done anything to the West and has never been a threat so why does the West hate him? On the other hand, the anti-Assad rebels are full of terrorists who hate the West and want to turn Syria into a Taliban-style state complete with terrorist training camps and facilities.

there are very few if any moderates left in the rebels or whatever they call themselves. as you point out their ranks are full of jihadis and what not. they are just getting in the way at this stage, as you pointed out again the west needs to settle its differences with Syria Iran and Russia. but I dont think they will they are playing to their own script. realpolitik and sense would dictate that the smart thing to do here is make a deal with Assad and let him crush them. the Americans are many things but they arent stupid. they know exactly what they are doing.

Disagree, the Japanese were bombed into submission in WW2, same can happen here and should happen here in my view.

Obama doesn't understand the nature of what is going on here, he's fiddling around with blowing up a tent here and a jeep there, a complete waste of time.

Obama and the Americans understand and know perfectly well what is going on here. perhaps we should agree to disagree on the bombing them into dust will work strategy. I dont think it will.
    There was no invasion of Iraq in 1990, the Iraqi army was forced out of Kuwait.

think Saddam was walked into that war. the Kuwaitis were slant drilling close to their border basically pumping billions of dollars worth of Iraqi oil out of the ground knowing full well the Americans were in their corner. if that was indeed what the Kuwaitis were up to then the Iraqis were perfectly within their rights to invade them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭SwiftJustice

The fact that you dont see this is because Christianity began disappearing since the era when Marx wrote his Communist Manifesto where we find Christianity described as a dying religion this probably started in the 19th cen. & almost until the beginning of the 20th cen. as Christianity stopped to be a leader religion that could bring people or drive them & did not do anything in the religious side,but easily adapted to the modern era in other words Christianity as a spiritual religion for a group of people is dying as by the virtue of its establishment we find that it can not withstand the social revolution for it's clear in the bible that Fornication is an abomination yet after the 1960 sexual revolution it became accepted among the Christians them self similarly drinking wine & eating swine.
    For the Christian if he went once to church in sunday it's considered to be a good thing while a Muslim kneel on his knees in prayer five times a day at specific times however its Islam with a strong faith that it can withstand any changes in the world the teachings of Islam has survived and withstand the most difficult situations and just as there remains nothing of Judaism as a result of falling under the shadow of Zionism the only major religion left standing is Islam

Can you use punctuations please. I can barely make out your ramblings.

• Advertisement

WakeUp wrote: »
    there are very few if any moderates left in the rebels or whatever they call themselves. as you point out their ranks are full of jihadis and what not. they are just getting in the way at this stage, as you pointed out again the west needs to settle its differences with Syria Iran and Russia. but I dont think they will they are playing to their own script. realpolitik and sense would dictate that the smart thing to do here is make a deal with Assad and let him crush them. the Americans are many things but they arent stupid. they know exactly what they are doing.

Obama and the Americans understand and know perfectly well what is going on here. perhaps we should agree to disagree on the bombing them into dust will work strategy. I dont think it will.

think Saddam was walked into that war. the Kuwaitis were slant drilling close to their border basically pumping billions of dollars worth of Iraqi oil out of the ground knowing full well the Americans were in their corner. if that was indeed what the Kuwaitis were up to then the Iraqis were perfectly within their rights to invade them.

That's bs and you know it

Gatling wrote: »
    That's bs and you know it

point out what is bs so...

point out what is bs so...

The Kuwait were slant drilling and stealing billions in iraqi oil .

Seriously

Seriously

so how do you know for a fact thats bs. or are you just spouting that out because you can. the dispute leading up to the Iraqi incursion into Kuwait was because of Iraqi accusations that this is what Kuwait was doing. and the Kuwaitis did purchase the required slant drilling equipment they had the ability to do it. or can you prove categorically to the contrary otherwise? Im sure you can right? with your thats bs comment...

Seriously

Yes that one of the alledged provacations for the war. Kuwait was sideways drilling into an Iraqi oil field.

• Advertisement

Seriously

Many oilmen in the West understood that Kuwait and others kept oil prices down by overproducing, which was one of Saddam's grievances.

Also, there is evidence that Kuwait was engaged in slant-drilling of Iraqi oil, under the border. As one oil executive put it, slant-drilling is enough to get you shot in Texas or Oklahoma.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/23/opinion/23iht-edcool.t.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

The fact that you dont see this is because Christianity began disappearing since the era when Marx wrote his Communist Manifesto, where we find Christianity described as a dying religion.
    This probably started in the 19th cen. & almost until the beginning of the 20th cen. as Christianity stopped to be a leader religion that could bring people or drive them & did not do anything in the religious side,but easily adapted to the modern era in other words Christianity as a spiritual religion for a group of people is dying as by the virtue of its establishment.
    We find that it can not withstand the social revolution for it's clear in the bible that Fornication is an abomination yet after the 1960 sexual revolution it became accepted among the Christians them self similarly drinking wine & eating swine.
    For the Christian if he went once to church in sunday it's considered to be a good thing while a Muslim kneel on his knees in prayer five times a day at specific times, its Islam with a strong faith that it can withstand any changes in the world. The teachings of Islam has survived and withstand the most difficult situations and just as there remains nothing of Judaism as a result of falling under the shadow of Zionism the only major religion left standing is Islam
    As a woman this post sends shivers down my spine. I respect your faith but for my daughter's sisters and myself I hope your not right.

so how do you know for a fact thats bs. or are you just spouting that out because you can. the dispute leading up to the Iraqi incursion into Kuwait was because of Iraqi accusations that this is what Kuwait was doing. and the Kuwaitis did purchase the required slant drilling equipment they had the ability to do it. or can you prove categorically to the contrary otherwise? Im sure you can right? with your thats bs comment...

Let me guess you heard it down your local the conspirators arms .
    From a one armed man call jack who served on the secret cia project .

So did they find theses secret slant drilling machines and the bore holes that lead all way into the iraqi oil fields at all.

Or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Neeson wrote: »

Didn't watch any of them, I'm not a dead eyed moronic little f*ck who needs that sh*t to entertain himself.

Let me guess you heard it down your local the conspirators arms .
    From a one armed man call jack who served on the secret cia project .

So did they find theses secret slant drilling machines and the bore holes that lead all way into the iraqi oil fields at all.

Or not

well its obvious you were not aware of the accusation and didnt have a clue about it your first instinct was to cry bs. which isnt surprising knowing your form. perhaps youre part of the xbox generation that might explain it. if you want to enlighten yourself go and have a read about the accusation the information is out there thats if you have the attention span for such a thing.

Many oilmen in the West understood that Kuwait and others kept oil prices down by overproducing, which was one of Saddam's grievances.

Also, there is evidence that Kuwait was engaged in slant-drilling of Iraqi oil, under the border. As one oil executive put it, slant-drilling is enough to get you shot in Texas or Oklahoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Didn't watch them at all .

But sever forensic experts believe they weren't beheaded on camera.

We're essentially seeing the before and after shots

Haven't seen them myself, nor do I want to, but I have read a bit about them being fake, how professional the editing is etc etc.

Why would these evil terrorists not behead someone on the video and show the world the full horror. I have read that they fade to black screen just as the killer starts cutting. Why would they do this? Surely that's sparing the West of the full horror? Are they not out to terrorise us?

Can't understand why they would be faked or sanitised at all.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Haven't seen them myself, nor do I want to, but I have read a bit about them being fake, how professional the editing is etc etc.

Why would these evil terrorists not behead someone on the video and show the world the full horror. I have read that they fade to black screen just as the killer starts cutting. Why would they do this? Surely that's sparing the West of the full horror? Are they not out to terrorise us?

Can't understand why they would be faked or sanitised at all.

It creates the feeling of horror which is exactly what they want .
    They are very well versed in slick propaganda.

There media wing for a better word are way ahead of the anti isis moment in the west

well its obvious you were not aware of the accusation and didnt have a clue about it your first instinct was to cry bs. which isnt surprising knowing your form. perhaps youre part of the xbox generation that might explain it. if you want to enlighten yourself go and have a read about the accusation the information is out there thats if you have the attention span for such a thing.

So you find a article in the ny times 6 years later that says many oil men .
    No names no verifiable sources no proof .

Seems very familiar doesn't it .

Very familiar indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'm quite certain they are genuine. ISIS have no reason to fake them, although their editing is top notch and they probably would have the ability to fake them if they wanted.

Very familiar indeed

Jaysus

CONFRONTATION IN THE GULF; The Oilfield Lying Below the Iraq-Kuwait Dispute
    -New York Times 03/09/1990

• Advertisement

Very familiar indeed

your form is very familiar alright. you struggle to read a phuckin map properly dude.so forgive me if I treat 99.99% of what you say about things or your fountain of knowledge on certain issues with a healthy does of hmmmm,. because its a conspiracy right. or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

A couple of perceptive points made by Muslim leaders in the UK about all this, reported in the Guardian today.
    If Isis really wanted to win the propaganda war, they would have released Alan.
    Quoting Harun Khan, deputy secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain – the largest Islamic organisation in the UK, representing more than 500 organisations.

And this:
    Suleman Nagdi, of the Federation of Muslim Organisations, heard the news after returning from a vigil for Henning in Leicester. "We have to disassociate from the two words Islamic and State," he said. "There is nothing Islamic about these individuals, nor is it a state.

Okay, nothing remarkable about that. But then he goes on to say:
    My question to these young people [who might be sympathetic to Isis] is simple: who is living closer to the message of the Qur'an? Is it Isis, or is it somebody like Alan Henning?"

I'm not usually impressed by media comments from religious leaders, which are often banal platitudes intermingled with complete lies, but I like the cut of their jib on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

kryogen wrote: »
    The Japanese were not bombed into submission, they were nuked into it. That is the drastic measure that was required to get them to stop fighting, some still fought. Do you think nuking is the answer here?

slightly op, but they weren't nuked into submission. they were already (fire) bombed, naval blockaded, and almost beaten into submission, and had started to sue for a conditional surrender. Reason the bombs were used was to put manners on the Russians, who were planning to attack Japan (the day after Hiroshima was bombed on August 6), and for leverage in Europe. US military leaders then opposed its use. It was a political decision. Nice snappy intro article here.

And no nuking isn't the answer here either. Conventional bombing/drone strikes etc. yes, but "moderate" Muslims need to do more. part of the problem is the voices of jihad, and pricks like Choudary are louder. If the majority of Muslims in these places want a caliphate and sharia law, let them have it. Anyone else that wants sharia, or to "Islamasize" society in England, Holland, Belgium or France or anywhere else, can f**k off over there, and see what its like without a welfare state to back it up. Israel wont like it, but they'll get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That English guys fate was sealed the minute the UK joined the air raids. Feel so sorry for him, his only desire was to help people.

I can't see IS releasing any of these workers no matter how much family's plead for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

That English guys fate was sealed the minute the UK joined the air raids

His fate was sealed either way.

These animals can pretend to have a rational.
    They have none.

That English guys fate was sealed the minute the UK joined the air raids. Feel so sorry for him, his only desire was to help people.

His fate was sealed the moment he boarded a plane .
    its widely believed that a member from his aid convoy had him marked to be grabbed
    This before the UK got involved with air strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Didn't watch any of them, I'm not a dead eyed moronic little f*ck who needs that sh*t to entertain himself.

Hmmm you may have other issues though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm not usually impressed by media comments from religious leaders, which are often banal platitudes intermingled with complete lies, but I like the cut of their jib on this one.
    Muslim leaders saying "ISIS are not truly Islamic" is like Christians saying the Crusades were not truly Christian. How do you think the Crusades would look under scrutiny from today's media? Depends on which media, doesn't it?

You don't have to be a student of history to see the parallels. Heck, if you've seen the movie Starship Troopers (or read the book), you're already ahead of those who give interviews to The Guardian. None of this is new. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

As long as you have Islam as an active religious front for the murdering scum you will have trouble. Dangerous bast***s with their hokey beliefs need to be put down every man woman and child of them for the good of the rest of mankind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

the_monkey wrote: »

Yet you thanked a post saying that the US should nuke the middle east, which would kill thousands of innocent people? Yeah, proper humanitarian you are alright. :rolleyes:

Advertisement