Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Its their issue but when it costs 200 quid to fill your car (not to mention the price increase on literally everything else) itll be ours too!
    Its a sad fact but its true.

Yeah Reg, but that 200 quid is 80% tax, don't forget that bit...oil is cheap, our government is dear...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Yeah Reg, but that 200 quid is 80% tax, don't forget that bit...oil is cheap, our government is dear...

But what we pay is the same. And not a hope in hell will they reduce it. Last time oil fell from 150 a barrel to 30 back in 08/9, the **** increased the taxes so theyd make more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't, and sometimes democracy is not the solution.
    This whole ISIS problem stems from the uprising in Syria, the west along with human rights abusers Qatar and Saudi Arabia backed the opposition.

The west has engaged in a failed foreign policy, Assad said he was fighting terrorists, his words were dismissed. The west tried to get involved militarily but at least Russia put a stop to it.

If the west had supported the devil we know, and who was and has never been a real threat, we might not have had the rise of ISIS.
    This problem originated in Syria, and what is happening in Iraq has been happening for a long time in Syria, but we are told Assad is the bad guy, yes he is a bad guy but we would be far better off from a humanitarian viewpoint if he still controlled all of Syria.
    The same goes for Iraq under Saddam, we would have been better off with the devil we know.

There is no solution to ISIS in sight. With Syria, the west supported the opening of Pandora's box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

No, you don't. My point is, this is a Middle Eastern issue at the moment. How about letting them sort it out? As an analogy, if during the troubles, when the IRA were at their height and bombing regularly, what if the US decided to bomb them back into their boxes? Because "bad stuff was happening". That a good solution?

Last week the executed 2000 people in the town square in just one village. Today they're threatening to execute 300 families. They've executed a lot of the men in these households already so they're talking about the killing women and children.
    The IRA did terrible things but there is no comparison with ISIS, this is slaughter on an unimaginable scale. This calls for a completely different response.

Also the IRA/UK and indeed Israel/Palestinian are very different as conflicts, while religion might be a defining difference between the warring sides they are fighting over land ,not religious principles. Diplomacy is the only real path toward peace in both of the.
    ISIS are fighting to assert religious dominance.There will be no negotiating with them, no compromising,no diplomatic means to restore peace or prevent this slaughter becoming much more widespread. This is one of the many reasons intravention is needed at an early stage,if you could call this early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

There's absolutely no reasoning with extremists of any sort, especially these ISIS nutters. Their entire ethos is literally to spread Islam around the world and destroy all 'apostates' and 'infidels' i.e every non shia Muslims. They literally believe that killing infidels brings them closer to god.
    Diplomacy does not work with these people, force is the only option and it's time for the west to take action and exterminate these evil 'people'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

every non shia Muslims
    I think that you mean Sunni....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I think their number one weapon is instilling fear in the west and anyone different from their world view.

Nip it in the bud now is the only solution, as some other posters said, there is no compromising with these men and women.
    They are in a frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Looking at some of the news footage this evening it appears that patience has worn thin with these guys and a fiair number of them and their vehicles were simply vaporised today.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I think that you mean Sunni....

Both are being targeted actually which makes it even more mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

I remember reading somewhere recently that Syria warned the US about the formation of this group some time ago and asked for help to nip it in the bud before it flourished. The US refused to help them and turned around and supported ISIS instead. Now they're playing the good guy with air strikes and what have you. Serious shenanigans going on. Can't help but feel that all this instability in the Middle East is exactly what the US want. Turning countries and people against each other. Must try and find that article again.

Where do you come up with this stuff. Your post is the opposite of what actually happened. For a start the US warned of ISIS from the start and didn't support them so that's lie number 1 from you. Secondly Assad released several of the isis prisoners from jail and gave them free passage. In the early days of their formation there was a truce between assad and isis, no barrel bombing of them or nothing while mercillessly bombing the moderate fsa and unarmed civilians. Its only in the last month they started fighting. If anything isis are a deliberate creation of assad, who now has lost control of them.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't, and sometimes democracy is not the solution.
    This whole ISIS problem stems from the uprising in Syria, the west along with human rights abusers Qatar and Saudi Arabia backed the opposition.

The west has engaged in a failed foreign policy, Assad said he was fighting terrorists, his words were dismissed. The west tried to get involved militarily but at least Russia put a stop to it.

If the west had supported the devil we know, and who was and has never been a real threat, we might not have had the rise of ISIS.
    This problem originated in Syria, and what is happening in Iraq has been happening for a long time in Syria, but we are told Assad is the bad guy, yes he is a bad guy but we would be far better off from a humanitarian viewpoint if he still controlled all of Syria.
    The same goes for Iraq under Saddam, we would have been better off with the devil we know.

There is no solution to ISIS in sight. With Syria, the west supported the opening of Pandora's box.

The wests support for the opposition has been negligible and certainly not near enough to influence the outcome of the conflict. No SA missiles for a start, few if any anti tank missiles, and little else of note. To defeat assad you need tanks, anti aircraft weapons, artillary and grad missiles not one of which the west supplied. You will have to look elsewhere for a bogeyman in the syrian conflict. As for assad 100% of his weapons were supplied by russia who have continued to supply him even as he mass murdered civilians with barrel bombs.

Yes I can. I just did as it happens. See, the thing is, "WE" in the west machine-gunned our way into the middle east and re-drew all the borders, to suit us. Now, those long forgotten old chickens are coming back to roost. You can only keep your foot on someones neck for so long before they try and bite your leg. To start whinging when your violence begets violence from others is a bit warped, IMO.

I hope you include yourself in that "we". If so you are as responsible as everyone else.

realweirdo wrote: »
    The wests support for the opposition has been negligible and certainly not near enough to influence the outcome of the conflict. No SA missiles for a start, few if any anti tank missiles, and little else of note. To defeat assad you need tanks, anti aircraft weapons, artillary and grad missiles not one of which the west supplied. You will have to look elsewhere for a bogeyman in the syrian conflict. As for assad 100% of his weapons were supplied by russia who have continued to supply him even as he mass murdered civilians with barrel bombs.

I simply think trying to defeat Assad from the start is the cause of the problems we have now with ISIS.

Assad is still very popular in Syria, the people there want peace, they don't see what the opposition has to offer as being peace.
    In 2012, a poll by a Qatari based group and linked to the royal family of Qatar who oppose Assad found 55% of Syrians supported Assad.
    Last year a NATO poll found the support for Assad had risen to 70%.

You say mass murdered civilians, the people of Syria see a different picture, his support has been rising over the course of the war, not reducing.
    The opposition offer nothing but violence, and the FSA could never offer stability like Assad had, and it allowed other groups like ISIS to rise up in the mess they helped create.

I simply think trying to defeat Assad from the start is the cause of the problems we have now with ISIS.

Assad is still very popular in Syria, the people there want peace, they don't see what the opposition has to offer as being peace.
    In 2012, a poll by a Qatari based group and linked to the royal family of Qatar who oppose Assad found 55% of Syrians supported Assad.
    Last year a NATO poll found the support for Assad had risen to 70%.

You say mass murdered civilians, the people of Syria see a different picture, his support has been rising over the course of the war, not reducing.
    The opposition offer nothing but violence, and the FSA could never offer stability like Assad had, and it allowed other groups like ISIS to rise up in the mess they helped create.

Your main premise is that the west tried to overthrow assad and really if they genuinely wanted to overthrow assad he'd be gone long ago. As i already said ISIS owe more to Assad for their creation than anyone else. I know you are trying to pin the creation of ISIS on the west but its just not working I'm afraid. Its popular these days to lay the blame for everything at the door of the west even when they arent to blame. The main point here is if assad had tried to peacefully deal with the early protests in syria none of this would have happened. He'd already killed thousands before the fsa was created from defecting soldiers in syria. America hating has never been more popular and yet whenever there is a disaster around the world including typhoons, tsunamis and earthquake who is the first country people beg for help from....Russia? China? Germany? Of course not.

By the way, anyone know whats happened to the EU rapid reaction force? Are they preparing to act? Or does a potential genocide outside the EU not count?

I hope you include yourself in that "we". If so you are as responsible as everyone else.

Probably a bit more, army family going back generations. But there you go. Also, on the "they executed 2000..." is that a verified fact or somthing that started at 20 and grew with the telling? Honest question.

Probably a bit more, army family going back generations. But there you go. Also, on the "they executed 2000..." is that a verified fact or somthing that started at 20 and grew with the telling? Honest question.

Seems to be around that in different news sites anyway.

Think it was someone else who came up with the 2000 figure. In any case they have killed a lot of people and it seems if you aren't a sunni muslim you don't deserve to live. They are certainly no lovers of diversity and human rights.The fact they now control mosul dam is also a scary prospect. So far they seem content to maintain it but do these people really care about the consequences of blowing it up?

Your main premise is that the west tried to overthrow assad and really if they genuinely wanted to overthrow assad he'd be gone long ago. As i already said ISIS owe more to Assad for their creation than anyone else. I know you are trying to pin the creation of ISIS on the west but its just not working I'm afraid. Its popular these days to lay the blame for everything at the door of the west even when they arent to blame. The main point here is if assad had tried to peacefully deal with the early protests in syria none of this would have happened. He'd already killed thousands before the fsa was created from defecting soldiers in syria. America hating has never been more popular and yet whenever there is a disaster around the world including typhoons, tsunamis and earthquake who is the first country people beg for help from....russia? China? Germany? Of course not.

Russia prevented the west from making the situation far worse.

Assad did not start the uprising, he didn't do anything to support ISIS.

I am not America hating, it's foreign policy towards the middle east, its support of the Arab Spring has been nothing short of a disaster.
    Only last week evacuating its people from Libya. Gaddafi was evil but what has replaced him is no better.
    In Egypt, the army had a coup because it viewed the elected Muslim Brotherhood as terrorists and they are linked to Hamas. The Muslim Brotherhood wanted sharia law in Egypt, which ignored the views of the Coptic Christians.
    Assad is no angel, but what had the FSA to offer? It was not going to overthrow Assad, no evidence the majority of Syrians wanted the FSA. All they brought Syria was a very destabilising effect and death.
    The invasion of Iraq removed a dictator and they got democracy, hundreds of thousand killed, terrorism and now ISIS.

The Irish government supports the opposition in Syria and are just a part of the problem as any other nation who has taken the side of a group who could never deliver peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They have been around for quite some time now. They were active during the US occupation of Iraq.

It is interesting that the brutal dictators were secular.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 spook_house

InTheTrees wrote: »
    But so f'ing what??

Have you seen the big round towers our ancestors built to try and defend against the vikings?

Have you read about the savage brutality of the middle ages?

yes. The west has been savage. The romans were watching Christians fighting to the death against animals in the coliseum.

Slaughter and death all around.

??

So you think that means we should sit back and let Isis behead kids because its their turn at brutality? let them have their own 12th century and dont interfere?

I really dont get your point.

It's called " cultural relativism "

The left engage in it when the various " sacred cows " commit heinous acts

On a broader note , I'd like to know why defenders of multiculturalism think Ireland won't be profoundly changed by large amounts of immigration. from Muslim nations , do.they honestly believe these people will.act differently here than they did in their radically different homeland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

The repetitive use of "America" instead of "the US" is making my brown eyes bleed.

Anyway, I am going to assume that the original link had images of dead women and children (does no one care about the dead men?). ISIS needs to have their foothold broken up; their continued attempts to ethnically cleanse the Kurdish-speaking minority groups needs to end. The US military needed to intervene but I wish that the American people had a better idea of how long this intervention will continue.

A major story here in the US (which oddly hasn't been dissected by the good people of AH) is the movement of unchaperoned Central American children to our southern border. For months, these children arrived at the border, walked up to border patrol, and surrendered themselves. They did so because their families--usually back in Guatemala or El Salvador--had sent them here because those children's lives had been threatened by gangs. The Texas governor actually called up the Texas National Guard to patrol the Texas-Mexico Border.

I understand the need to intervene in Iraq but damn, we seriously got humanitarian issues on our own doorstep that need to be addressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 spook_house

Let's also not forget our History books either. Not that long ago we in the West thought nothing of popping across to Africa and filling a ship with people to do our work for us, for free - the ones who objected got slaughtered. And a lot of slavers were Irish.. Civility is a thin veneer stretched over an awful lot of badness. To say "Islam/ISIS" is the great bogey-man and we're all good-lads is laughable, IMO.

The legacy of guilt , between slavery and past injustice towards women , my back is broken with all.that weight

The legacy of guilt , between slavery and past injustice towards women , my back is broken with all.that weight

Mine isn't. I'm not a leftie and have almost not a shred of pc about my person. Quite the opposite actually. No sacred cows either. BUT, I went "yeah right" when the US went to war to find "WMDs" and I'm gonna bet this becomes the new "WMDs" = "ISIS, these are the bad guys, they eat babies and want to kill you, we need to bomb them". Yeah, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

If the West had supported the FSA in Syria, ISIS would probably not have emerged to fill the void. The West along with Iraq's PM who has discriminated against Sunni's is responsible for this crisis. For the learners, ISIS is actually a small force(maybe 10,000 strong), the various alienated Sunni tribes in both countries(Syria and Iraq) have allowed them to advance so much with local agreements. Bring the tribes back on board and watch ISIS (who are considered too hardline for Al Qaeda!) hopefully collapse. And arm the Kurds properly this time!!

Sad video just posted on Liveleak(no gruesome stuff, people in mourning about what happened to them) about the Yezidi who are trapped, just awful how those people are victims of extreme hate http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=144_1407608765

Russia prevented the west from making the situation far worse.

It's hard to take you seriously when you say things like this. How is barrel bombing whole cities and their people into obliteration stopping things getting worse? How is attacking relentlessly the moderate fsa while leaving ISIS alone making things better? At least 50% of ISIS fighters came from syria where they were trained and everything else. Its a fact that in the absence of meaningful intervention from the west thousands of jihadists poured into syria to fight. The moderate fsa are made up mostly of syrians. ISIS on the otherhand are made up mostly of foreign jihadists who came to fight the fight the west or others should have fought. Laying the blame for the creation of isis at the door of the west is counter factual. Had the west imposed a no fly zone in syria and properly supported the moderate fsa there would be no isis today. Many people could see the current problems coming at least two years ago and yet they were shouted down by people like you who argued against no fly zones. Policies supported by people like you such as opposing a no fly zone have turned out an unmitigated disaster. And then to cover yourself you try to blame the west. It simply doesn't wash. And your apology for russia is pretty sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

They are real savages, i looked at a few photos earlier of what they have been up to. One was of a woman having her throat slit into a basin. I'm not the better for it since. Even if these people do believe in Allah, surely they can't think it would please him to see a human being killed like that. I hope Obama blows those ISIS guys into tiny little bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Wow those Isis are low life scum, just saw a pic of beheaded toddlers and a woman with her throat cut while she bleeds to death! These scum seriously need to be bombed out of existence! Animals!
    Calling them animals is an insult to animals.

These deranged,delusional,barbaric shower of savages need to be exterminated without any mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

I really hope these sick cnuts get blown to pieces by the US drones. I saw some pictures of what they are doing. Actually beheading kids and just killing fúcking kids. I am not well after seeing this... Evil evil disgusting scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Drakares wrote: »
    I really hope these sick cnuts get blown to pieces by the US drones. I saw some pictures of what they are doing. Actually beheading kids and just killing fúcking kids. I am not well after seeing this... Evil evil disgusting scum.

Where did you see this?

Advertisement