Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

pueblo wrote: »
    You can't exterminate an idea.

We can, and should try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

the west can win but the liberal gloves will have to come off

It would be an easy win ffs but nothing will be done. ISIS are a few disgruntled European Muslims running around with AKs, knives and now matches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

the west can win but the liberal gloves will have to come off

Yeah first we need to up the spying on Western nations and log all platforms that any terrorist wouldn't be using in the first place!

Oh you mean doing something about ISIS? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Interesting radio programme from BBC Radio four yesterday on ISIS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b050zkrq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Tugboats wrote: »
    It would be an easy win ffs but nothing will be done. ISIS are a few disgruntled European Muslims running around with AKs, knives and now matches

Are you trying to win the "most moronic post of the year" award? Can we have unlimited entries to the competition?

Ten years of fighting in Iraq led to America's effective defeat and the same in Afghanistan. America lost the fight against terrorism but you want to escalate it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Did anyone watch the video? I didn't watch the actual burning bit but it looks a lot more advanced than all the other videos they've released

It's in HD and there's CGI and the whole lot in it... parts of it are even in super slow motion =/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

People can say 'oh but the West have killed more by dropping bombs' and that's a fair enough point but imo, burning a man alive inside a cage is far more bone chilling than dropping a bomb on a target and killing innocent civilians in the process. There's a frightening difference in mentality there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Did anyone watch the video? I didn't watch the actual burning bit but it looks a lot more advanced than all the other videos they've released

It's in HD and there's CGI and the whole lot in it... parts of it are even in super slow motion =/

Yes, it's horrible. These fcukers are now coming up with new ways to kill people and film it with top production values.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

I saw pictures but no video. I only hope they drugged him beforehand but those animals probably wouldn't have enjoyed the execution as much if they had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

The juxtaposition of such barbarity with such icons of modernity really adds to the horror. Like watching stoning videos filmed on camera phones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

magma69 wrote: »
    People can say 'oh but the West have killed more by dropping bombs' and that's a fair enough point but imo, burning a man alive inside a cage is far more bone chilling than dropping a bomb on a target and killing innocent civilians in the process. There's a frightening difference in mentality there.

No there's not. The pilots who drop the bombs are just as evil and pathetic as the scum tat behead people.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Barry Edmonds

No there's not. The pilots who drop the bombs are just as evil and pathetic as the scum tat behead people.

What strange logic. The days of carpet bombing cities are over. Pilots go in with clear targets. IS on the other aim to kill people in the most cruel and painful ways possible

Whatever you think about people who drop bombs from planes, they do not require the same mentality as those who will behead or burn people face to face. They are also usually doing it on the premise of doing good in the world and defending their country etc. It's not a perfect role, and there will be a few oddballs who simply like killing people from a distance as well as war criminals such as Bush and Blair sending them to war on false information, but comparing an army pilot to ISIS astounds me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just watched the video. Is it real or what? It's done like a scene out of a computer game. Good Production Value. Gotta be fake that

fr336 wrote: »
    Whatever you think about people who drop bombs from planes, they do not require the same mentality as those who will behead or burn people face to face. They are also usually doing it on the premise of doing good in the world and defending their country etc. It's not a perfect role, and there will be a few oddballs who simply like killing people from a distance as well as war criminals such as Bush and Blair sending them to war on false information, but comparing an army pilot to ISIS astounds me.

Well I mean at least a decent portion of the ISIS crowd probably believe they are making the wold a better place and/or defending their faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turning Northern and Western Iraq in a lump of glass has some attraction.

Well I mean at least a decent portion of the ISIS crowd probably believe they are making the wold a better place and/or defending their faith.

Nah, at best they're twisted. At worse they indulge in the worst kind of bruality humankind can engage in. Terrorists attacks are also abhorrent but many times they have been connected to attacks by the other side, these guys seem to be going after anyone for some publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

Just watching sky news and they just said they have reports the Jordanians are moving some of there IS prisoners to another jail they carry out executions in...... Looks like they may follow trough on there treat now aswell

fr336 wrote: »
    Nah, at best they're twisted. At worse they indulge in the worst kind of bruality humankind can engage in. Terrorists attacks are also abhorrent but many times they have been connected to attacks by the other side, these guys seem to be going after anyone for some publicity.

Oh I agree, but Bagdadhi has been at this for years and is in effect a cult leader. Twisted people can and often are twisted sincerely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Just watched the video. Is it real or what? It's done like a scene out of a computer game. Good Production Value. Gotta be fake that

Unfortunately I doubt it's fake, it said on the news he may have been burned some time ago which meant the Jordanian Government was trying to secure the release of a man who was already dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Words fail me. .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

6 prisoners are to be executed in Jordan tonight.

I understand that these are ISIS prisoners and most likely heinous individuals who have participated in unspeakable acts but the taking of human life in this tit for tat fashion is incredibly disturbing behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

hopefully its slow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Honestly the barbacity of these scum is such that unless they send in a multinational force to utterly stamp them out the next best thing would be to launch a nuke or 2 at them to show what theyre truly going up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

It was reported on Jan 8 by an activist in Ar-Raqqah that he had been burned alive

https://twitter.com/raqqa_mcr/status/553278131659087872

https://twitter.com/raqqa_mcr/status/553278226148384768

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I understand that these are ISIS prisoners and most likely heinous individuals who have participated in unspeakable acts but the taking of human life in this tit for tat fashion is incredibly disturbing behavior.

thats the kind attitude the west needs to abandon when dealing with these "people"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

hopefully its slow

Best not to stoop to their level just put them down and be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

Don't normally want this kind of thing but sometimes There is a lot to be said for an eye for an eye!!!

• Advertisement

thats the kind attitude the west needs to abandon when dealing with these "people"

You know what we should do... we should get a cage and a camera and some matches and...

Advertisement