Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

sjb25 wrote: »
    Don't normally want this kind of thing but sometimes There is a lot to be said for an eye for an eye!!!

There really isn't. There is however endless things to be said for an effective response conducted in accordance with our values.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Infini2 wrote: »
    Best not to stoop to their level just put them down and be done.

the only way to beat ISIS is to go down to their level

That would be step number one in 'inviting our defeat; an action plan'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭sjb25

There really isn't. There is however endless things to be said for an effective response conducted in accordance with our values.

Yeah coz Isis will listen to that the only thing that will stop them in there tracks is an F15 with some big feck of bombs in fairness killing the IS prisoners will do feck all ground troops will have to go in there at some point to stop them and it's going to be long and bloody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Then what would be the difference between "us" and them?

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    Yeah coz Isis will listen to that the only thing that will stop them in there tracks is an F15 with some big feck of bombs in fairness killing the IS prisoners will do feck all ground troops will have to go in there at some point to stop them and it's going to be long and bloody

I have to say I feel an F15 with soem big feck of bombs is entirely in accordance with our values. The arbitrary execution of disarmed prisoners as some sort of revenge however is not.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Then what would be the difference between "us" and them?

Very little but how do you stop them ask them to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

What do you suggest exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Infini2 wrote:
    Honestly the barbacity of these scum is such that unless they send in a multinational force to utterly stamp them out the next best thing would be to launch a nuke or 2 at them to show what theyre truly going up against.:
    Infini2 wrote: »
    Best not to stoop to their level just put them down and be done.

And suggesting dropping a nuclear bomb isn't stooping to their level?

I have to say I feel an F15 with soem big feck of bombs is entirely in accordance with our values. The arbitrary execution of disarmed prisoners as some sort of revenge however is not.

Yeah I get your point as I said it will do Notting to sort anyting apart from Jordan can say the did it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An interesting read;

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/02/03/the-cost-of-leaving-islamic-state-death-or-jail.html
    "It was totally different from what they said jihad would be like," said the man, Ghaith, who asked to be identified by his first name only for fear of being killed.
    While foreigners from across the world have joined the Islamic State militant group, some arrive in Iraq or Syria only to find day-to-day life much more austere and violent than they had expected. These disillusioned new recruits soon discover that it is a lot harder to leave than to join. Even if they escape, they are trapped in limbo, considered a threat by both their former comrades-in-arms and their homelands.

And bend the rules to justify their raping of their own female recruits.
    Ghaith went to Syria for jihad to reap what he believed would be the rewards of paradise. But once there, Ghaith said, he was highly disturbed to see female recruits forced into sex in the camps, often "married" for the night by different men.

"It was by force, because they couldn't say no or they would be killed," Ghaith said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I had been feeling in recent weeks that I had become a bit immune to the horrors of Isis but when I heard this latest murder on the radio I cried. That poor man, his poor family...I don't know what to say. Its just beyond evil to kill someone in such a way. RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Didn't know they threw a man off a building for being gay. We have a pretty badass LGBT firm would they be up for heading over and sorting them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How many countries have been directly effected now? Must be a dozen at least some of them with big guns. You'd have to wonder how many people IS are determined to anger, its the behaviour of a glorified suicide cult really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

bastards!!!! just saw what they did to that pilot!! why must they think of the most horrible deaths imaginable!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

In the 11th Century the Holy Pope in Rome led an armed Crusade against Islam and the Europeans spent the next 500 years during the time of the Crusades fighting Islam in the Middle East. This needs to happen again today and the West needs to put boots on the ground in Syria and Iraq against ISIS and against Wahhabism.

Not all Muslims are bad and there is tens of thousands of good respectable Muslims and moderate Muslims for every single ISIS Jihadist nutjob. Fundamentalist Wahhabism a doctrine of Islam from Saudi Arabia and Qatar is responsible for ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the two biggest threats to World Peace and are responsible for most of the Worlds Islamic Terrorism. From Boko Haram to MILF in the Philippines all of this is being funded by Qatar and Saudi Arabia. What is needed is a coalition of the willing to bomb Doha and Riyadh back to the middle ages because it is in this timeline they want to rule.

Islam is not the enemy but Wahhabism is a threat to every single person on Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's in HD and there's CGI and the whole lot in it... parts of it are even in super slow motion =/

They've certainly upped their production values. I haven't seen this one but a recent high production one was where they executed a dozen pilots (I think they were pilots) by having them lined up on the ground and all their throats were slit at the same time.

Lots of snappy editing, 1080p quality, super slow-mo, multiple angles, dramatic Michael Bay-esque music, etc.

They've got the funds and the talent, for want of a better word, to produce these videos in a slick way though that just seems to convince some people i know on FB that these were made by America out behind a warehouse in Nevada....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It's time to visit hell on them. ISIS are growing in finance, territory and power. If someone throws a cat on a bonfire, my first instinct is to throw them on too. I calm down and realise that a little jail time might be more civilised.
    This is different...they are burning people alive and we are doing Neville Chamberlain impressions with them. Perhaps the West's affinity with oil and Israel needs a rethink. A little 10,000 year winter might do the middle east the world of good. Civilised Muslims and Israel can be evacuated in time... say 6 months to a year.....and I'm sure our nerds can find a way to use radioactive oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Duggy747 wrote: »
    They've certainly upped their production values. I haven't seen this one but a recent high production one was where they executed a dozen pilots (I think they were pilots) by having them lined up on the ground and all their throats were slit at the same time.

Lots of snappy editing, 1080p quality, super slow-mo, multiple angles, dramatic Michael Bay-esque music, etc.

They've got the funds and the talent, for want of a better word, to produce these videos in a slick way though that just seems to convince some people i know on FB that these were made by America out behind a warehouse in Nevada....

I haven't watched this or any of the execution videos. I don't intend to.

It just strikes me that these "high production values", snappy editing, CGI, background music all seem counter productive. They're exactly what you'd do if you were trying to effect some sort of deception.

Surely the raw, real time, real sound effects are horrific enough?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Stinicker wrote: »
    In the 11th Century the Holy Pope in Rome led an armed Crusade against Islam and the Europeans spent the next 500 years during the time of the Crusades fighting Islam in the Middle East. This needs to happen again today and the West needs to put boots on the ground in Syria and Iraq against ISIS and against Wahhabism.

Not all Muslims are bad and there is tens of thousands of good respectable Muslims and moderate Muslims for every single ISIS Jihadist nutjob. Fundamentalist Wahhabism a doctrine of Islam from Saudi Arabia and Qatar is responsible for ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the two biggest threats to World Peace and are responsible for most of the Worlds Islamic Terrorism. From Boko Haram to MILF in the Philippines all of this is being funded by Qatar and Saudi Arabia. What is needed is a coalition of the willing to bomb Doha and Riyadh back to the middle ages because it is in this timeline they want to rule.

Islam is not the enemy but Wahhabism is a threat to every single person on Earth.

No one could believe this seriously and then in turn expect to be taken seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Burning alive is taking it to a new extreme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Tugboats wrote: »
    We have a pretty badass LGBT firm would they be up for heading over and sorting them out?

no no that would be racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I haven't watched this or any of the execution videos. I don't intend to.

I would be in the same position. Can watch videos of Peshmerga and US strikes on ISIS all day long, but don't intend to ever watch any of these execution videos.
    It just strikes me that these "high production values", snappy editing, CGI, background music all seem counter productive. They're exactly what you'd do if you were trying to effect some sort of deception.
    Surely the raw, real time, real sound effects are horrific enough?

I would this disagree with this. ISIS have shown themselves to be masters at propaganda for their target audience, you impressionable Sunni Muslims living world wide. They are very switched on to the fact every young person has a mobile phone or tablet in their hands every day and good production value adds to their professionalism and appeals to young people a lot more. They seem to be very much switched on to this fact than those roaming the caves of Tora Bora.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

darced wrote: »
    Really disturbing stuff again from these animals but if Jordan are going to line up 6 people and execute them they are not much better.

They can't make the threat and then not follow it through and that was the only bargaining chip they had. It reflects more on isis than jordan as it shows they're willing to sacrifice their own which might lead the misguided fools from europe think twice about travelling.

Besides, what else is there to do with these scum? Send them back out to sucide bomb left and right or imprison them for the next 50yrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

ryanf1 wrote: »

Isn't extreme what they're all about. As soon as they come up with something more gruesome they'll inflict that on some poor soul too. They are beheading infants and children you know. Thats pretty extreme by any standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Finally freed of reservations about the death penalty for terrorists.
    Short trial, no appeal, then hang. End of problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ryanf1 wrote: »

More extreme than any of the terrorism carried out by Britain, US, Israel and Saudi Arabia?

Blowing kids to bits, torturing people through sexual abuse, beheading people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    Finally freed of reservations about the death penalty for terrorists.
    Short trial, no appeal, then hang. End of problem.

The Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 send their thanks......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

darced wrote: »
    Really disturbing stuff again from these animals but if Jordan are going to line up 6 people and execute them they are not much better.

They were already sentenced to death for terrorist activities. This is only Jordan expediating the process.

While I'm generally completely anti-death penalty, this isn't the West. Jordan is firmly in the sights of ISIS and their Caliphate. They and their neighbours are in a state of war. I'm not calling for revenge, it would be preferable that the executions be quick and painless. But these send a message and it's probably the message that Jordan needs to be sending.

Advertisement