Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Zebra3 wrote: »
    More extreme than any of the terrorism carried out by Britain, US, Israel and Saudi Arabia?

Yes, considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭SeanW

DeadHand wrote: »
    Then what would be the difference between "us" and them?
    "They" started it. "We" would just be finishing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

It's time to visit hell on them. ISIS are growing in finance, territory and power. If someone throws a cat on a bonfire, my first instinct is to throw them on too. I calm down and realise that a little jail time might be more civilised.
    This is different...they are burning people alive and we are doing Neville Chamberlain impressions with them. Perhaps the West's affinity with oil and Israel needs a rethink. A little 10,000 year winter might do the middle east the world of good. Civilised Muslims and Israel can be evacuated in time... say 6 months to a year.....and I'm sure our nerds can find a way to use radioactive oil.

The stupidity of this post is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yes, considerably.

Are you aware that Britain, US and Israel bomb huge areas and burn large numbers of people to death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Are you aware that Britain, US and Israel bomb huge areas and burn large numbers of people to death?

so what's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The stupidity of this post is astounding.

A quote. A bland statement. Explain why it is not the smartest thing you've ever heard ? I hope it's not. Explain why i mentioned Chamberlain without resort to wikipedia and maybe I'll judge you not a 12 year old on Mummy's smartphone.

so what's your point?

ISIS, Britain, US and Israel all burn people to death.

I would have thought it was obvious, but then again some prefer to have their heads in the sand depending on who is committing the crime. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

I didn't look at any of the photos, I read the first few post so I know what is in them . I wish I hadn't come across this thread at all :( .I remember years ago when something horrific was in the news I said to my dad I will never hear anything worse than that and his reply was ,I am 35 years older than you so I can say on authority yes you will . he was right :(

I would have thought it was obvious, but then again some prefer to have their heads in the sand depending on who is committing the crime. :rolleyes:

It's not the who is committing the crime, it's the motives. If you shoot someone who's raping a family member of yours, is that the same as you shooting someone because they bumped into you? There's clearly a distinction but some prefer to have their heads in the sand :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

It's time to visit hell on them. ISIS are growing in finance, territory and power. If someone throws a cat on a bonfire, my first instinct is to throw them on too. I calm down and realise that a little jail time might be more civilised.
    This is different...they are burning people alive and we are doing Neville Chamberlain impressions with them. Perhaps the West's affinity with oil and Israel needs a rethink. A little 10,000 year winter might do the middle east the world of good. Civilised Muslims and Israel can be evacuated in time... say 6 months to a year.....and I'm sure our nerds can find a way to use radioactive oil

White phosphorous was used extensively in the First and Second Battles of Fallujah by the US marines to burn people alive. Israel repeatedly use it in Gaza. It is illegal under the laws of war to use WP for any purpose other than illumination.

I'm not justifying what ISIS did, just pointing out the parallels,

The rest of your post is idiotic beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The difference is that some people are ok with burning babies with napalm or phosphorous as long as the side they support is doing it. Ignore the outrage by some posters here over this latest ISIS murder because they're the same individuals who support Israel breaking the arms of handcuffed pre-teens, or the Americans targeting first responders to drone attacks or NATO burning to death the children who happen to be in the same vicinity as terrorists.

White phosphorous was used extensively in the First and Second Battles of Fallujah by the US marines to burn people alive. Israel repeatedly use it in Gaza. It is illegal under the laws of war to use WP for any purpose other than illumination.

I'm not justifying what ISIS did, just pointing out the parallels.

It makes a difference that you clarify that you're not justifying what ISIS did, and I agree with you on the white phosphorus. Can't be said for everyone in this thread. Regardless of what I thought of the US or Israel, I'd still be making it pretty clear that ISIS are ****ing disgusting.

It's not the who is committing the crime, it's the motives. If you shoot someone who's raping a family member of yours, is that the same as you shooting someone because they bumped into you? There's clearly a distinction but some prefer to have their heads in the sand :rolleyes:

I fail to see how this excuses British, American or Israeli war crimes. :confused:

I fail to see how this excuses British, American or Israeli war crimes. :confused:

Did I excuse them? I fail to see how your criticism of British, American or Israeli war crimes excuses ISIS of theirs? You know, the subject of the thread?

yes, you're dead right. the coalition should instantly stop all attempts to help stop ISIS and let them continue their genocidal war forthwith.

They are, after all, just mis understood freedom fighters I guess.

yes, you're dead right. the coalition should instantly stop all attempts to help stop ISIS and let them continue their genocidal war forthwith.

Are you not capable of a real debate? Or you a bit dim? Why put words in the mouths of other posters instead of debating what they actually say?

Are you not capable of a real debate? Or you a bit dim? Why put words in the mouths of other posters instead of debating what they actually say?

I'm perfectly capable of debating relevant points. Can you point me in the direction of any?

presuming you aren't too dim.

I'm perfectly capable of debating relevant points. Can you point me in the direction of any, presuming you aren't too dim.

"They are, after all, just mis understood freedom fighters I guess."

You said this. Why would you imagine this idiotic drivel would constitute a reasoned reply to anything on this thread? Has anyone used the term 'freedom fighters' in reference to ISIS? Has anyone praised, complimented or excused the crimes of ISIS?

Did I excuse them? I fail to see how your criticism of British, American or Israeli war crimes excuses ISIS of theirs? You know, the subject of the thread?

Your post implied that Britain/Israel/US had valid reasons for committing their war crimes.

The same nonsense again.

Yeah, because Britain and the US only get involved in the Middle East out of humanitarian concerns. :rolleyes:

Let's condemn ISIS because they behead people but hey there's money to be made from arms sales to Saudi Arabia!!!

ISIS are scum all right, but nowhere near this level of evil.

"They are, after all, just mis understood freedom fighters I guess."

You said this. Why would you imagine this idiotic drivel would constitute a reasoned reply to anything on this thread? Has anyone used the term 'freedom fighters' in reference to ISIS? Has anyone praised, complimented or excused the crimes of ISIS?

So you're having a go at me, but not Zebra 3's irrelevant posts about the US, Britain and Israel.

Why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

'Jordan's response will be earth-shattering'

Pulls up Chair...

Jordan will execute an Iraqi woman on death row over a failed bombing after having vowed to avenge the murder of a Jordanian pilot by Islamic State jihadists, an official said.

"The sentence of death pending on... Iraqi Sajida al-Rishawi will be carried out at dawn," the security official said on Tuesday, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Jordanian authorities are reportedly planning to execute five other al-Qaeda operatives being held along with al-Rishawi.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/02/04/06/33/jordan-to-execute-female-would-be-bomber-at-dawn-security#XLesDHpMl7rExB6m.99

I have a feeling it won't just stop at 6 executions, Boots on the ground with the authorisation of the Iraqi Government will be my guess

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/02/04/06/33/jordan-to-execute-female-would-be-bomber-at-dawn-security#XLesDHpMl7rExB6m.99

Your post implied that Britain/Israel/US had valid reasons for committing their war crimes.

The same nonsense again.

Yeah, because Britain and the US only get involved in the Middle East out of humanitarian concerns. :rolleyes:

Let's condemn ISIS because they behead people but hey there's money to be made from arms sales to Saudi Arabia!!!

ISIS are scum all right, but nowhere near this level of evil.]

I'll ask again, what is your point?

This was a Jordanian pilot burnt alive by ISIS.

So you're having a go at me, but not Zebra 3's irrelevant posts about the US, Britain and Israel.

Why is that?

Because he didn't try to pin disgusting claims on anyone on this thread like you did. 'Freedom fighters'.........

No-one here thinks ISIS is anything but scum. But some of us think the act of burning someone to death is innately horrible and not because of who's doing it. We condemn America, Israel, Britain, the LRA, ISIS and the IRA for their crimes against civilians but some posters here only get upset when certain groups commit heinous acts.

Fcuking crocodile tears from hypocrites.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

It is illegal under the laws of war to use WP for any purpose other than illumination.

No, it's not.

The most common use for it today is in smokescreening, but there is nothing in the laws of war which prohibits its use against personnel or equipment. Don't believe me? Try to quote chapter and verse from the appropriate international treaty.

Because he didn't try to pin disgusting claims on anyone on this thread like you did. 'Freedom fighters'.........

No-one here thinks ISIS is anything but scum. But some of us think the act of burning someone to death is innately horrible and not because of who's doing it. We condemn America, Israel, Britain, the LRA, ISIS and the IRA for their crimes against civilians but some posters here only get upset when certain groups commit heinous acts.

Fcuking crocodile tears from hypocrites.

Then go start a thread on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

the west can win but the liberal gloves will have to come off

i despise these ba$tards and everthing they stand for but I remeber when the West stated bombing Iraq. It was like watching a movie,FFS they even gave it a working title'Sock & Awe' they called it.thousands of innocents were blown to smithereens (of course we saw no dead Iraqis on TV)and I well recall thinking the west will live to regret what they are reaping here.As for a solution,I don"t know,but more bombing and killing aint much of a plan IMO.

I'll ask again, what is your point?

This was a Jordanian pilot burnt alive by ISIS.

The point is that people are condemning the crimes of ISIS while being cheerleaders for far worse crimes. (It's called hypocrisy).

But you already knew that.

The point is that people are condemning the crimes of ISIS while being cheerleaders for far worse crimes. (It's called hypocrisy).

But you already knew that.

I don't see anyone cheerleading anything, only someone trying to drag their usual hobby horse in to the discussion.

I don't see anyone cheerleading anything, only someone trying to drag their usual hobby horse in to the discussion.

Freedom fighters? Who called them freedom fighters?

Do you equally condemn the burning to death of ambulance men in Afghanistan and Iraq by Nato and America? Or the burning to death of school children by Israel? Or do you only cry for those murdered by ISIS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

So what's your solution. ..

Advertisement