Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Probably a bit more, army family going back generations. But there you go. Also, on the "they executed 2000..." is that a verified fact or somthing that started at 20 and grew with the telling? Honest question.

First thought was, "Ah here we go, the 'oul babies been thrown out of incubators" propaganda trope.

Then I saw the photo's of childrens heads displayed on stakes and the headless decapitated body of a little girl about 4 years old and a young teen boy with a knife about 3 inches into its journey sawing off his head. A terrified toddler with AK's pointed at his head, jihadi's carrying the bodies of children like hunting kills to dump them in a grave.

No. This isn't western propaganda. This is evil incarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

shezer wrote: »
    Where did you see this?

This is absolutely NSFW and I don't recommend it if you have a weak stomach. Mods may remove this.. But if not there has been enough notice given. link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Calibos wrote: »
    First thought was, "Ah here we go, the 'oul babies been thrown out of incubators" propaganda trope.

Then I saw the photo's of childrens heads displayed on stakes and the headless decapitated body of a little girl about 4 years old and a young teen boy with a knife about 3 inches into its journey sawing off his head. A terrified toddler with AK's pointed at his head, jihadi's carrying the bodies of children like hunting kills to dump them in a grave.

No. This isn't western propaganda. This is evil incarnate.

After seeing some (not even the worst of them by the sounds of it) of those images that is the only thing you can conclude.

I'm not normally pro military intervention, but the level of depravity and barbarism shown by this mob I'd happily see every ounce of firepower the world has unleashed on these savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Drakares wrote: »
    This is absolutely NSFW and I don't recommend it if you have a weak stomach. Mods may remove this.. But if not there has been enough notice given. link

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Bombs laced with pigs blood and dog sh*t is what these Isis guys need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

After seeing some (not even the worst of them by the sounds of it) of those images that is the only thing you can conclude.

I'm not normally pro military intervention, but the level of depravity and barbarism shown by this mob I'd happily see every ounce of firepower the world has unleashed on these
    savages.

There really is no other way to deal with "people" like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

The "We can't criticise them, 'we've' been guilty of brutality historically too" stuff just looks like arguing for the sake of it.
    Also, what's wrong with calling the US America instead of the US? In this part of the world, rightly or wrongly, they're viewed as the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

From what I've read, a lot of Western educated youth have joined ISIS. Closer to home I'd be fairly worried about these nutjobs appearing on our own doorstep in time. Maybe the seeds are already sown in the UK. Time will tell I suppose. But one things for sure, these savages need to be crushed now.

F**k me. Get me off this planet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Yeah. You popping over? Or are you expecting Uncle Sam to drop their precision ISIS killing ordinances? What if those ordinances kill Christians via schrapnel cutting their throats?

Given the survival rate of Christians from exposure to ISIS, it would seem that US ordnance (not ordinance, that's a law) would be a better chance than none.

Why do we imagine it is only the mad mujahideens that are capable of barbarity? If we do we are inclined towards dangerous revisionism and not learning the lessons that there is a thin and sacred veil between ourselves and chaos that we aught to tend most carefully.

True, though in the case of My Lai, it was more Americans who stopped the killing. ISIS seem to be happy enough as a group with it.
    Regardless once america got involved with this they should never have left expecially with the situation now unfolding. Not that the iraqi government is helping either something has to give there too

Your second statement relates directly to the first. For better or worse, once the Iraqis said "Americans, please leave", we left. What are we going to do, forcibly stay there after the elected government asks us to leave? The Iraqis managed to screw this one up themselves.

NTM

• Advertisement

F**k me. Get me off this planet.

From what I've read, a lot of Western educated youth have joined ISIS. Closer to home I'd be fairly worried about these nutjobs appearing on our own doorstep in time. Maybe the seeds are already sown in the UK. Time will tell I suppose. But one things for sure, these savages need to be crushed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

The ass clown that shot up the Jewish museum in Brussels earlier this year previously spent time with them and their allies in the syrian war.

And it's not just the UK,Denmark Estimates that at least 100"Danes" are fighting for the islamist cause in the levant-to date 15 have been killed in battle.Many European countries are seeing mostly Young muslims make their way to the fighting.AFAIK France and Spain will imprison people found trying to leave the countries to wage jihad.

It is a real security threat for many European nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Okay folks,

Here is a list of recently elected councillors across the country. Please contact your local councillor and urge him/her to press for Irish Humanitarian aid in Iraq.

I don't think I have ever been more affected by something so much in my life and I don't think I could sleep without trying to make some sort of a difference. This probably won't do much but a collective effort might yield some results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

crockholm wrote: »
    The ass clown that shot up the Jewish museum in Brussels earlier this year previously spent time with them and their allies in the syrian war.

And it's not just the UK,Denmark Estimates that at least 100"Danes" are fighting for the islamist cause in the levant-to date 15 have been killed in battle.Many European countries are seeing mostly Young muslims make their way to the fighting.AFAIK France and Spain will imprison people found trying to leave the countries to wage jihad.

It is a real security threat for many European nations.

What's the legal position with regard those that go to fight with ISIS being denied the right to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

h2005 wrote: »
    What's the legal position with regard those that go to fight with ISIS being denied the right to return?

Only in the jaw-jaw stages at the minute,but what's being looked at is if a person with dual-citizenship,or without that particular countries passport is found to have been part of al nursa or isis,then they can be denied entry back to the country.

Dissappointingly too,recently a Yazidi protest in the city of herford in NRW in Germany ended in violence after they clashed with ISIS supporters!!!! Most of the arrests were chechyns and all "known to the police"-now theres a good enough reason to boot those bums out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Phoenix wrote: »
    The actions of this group are truly barbaric but a very pertinent question remains what is causing some disenfranchised muslim youth in the west going over to the middle east to join groups like this..

Why do you think ? Are you going to say its all our fault?
    People have free choice here. If they travel there to behead and rape then its their decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I don't see 200 though, let alone 2000 and the "dead" kids all have their arms under their heads, posey style. Of the lot, three or four don't look staged. Which is 3 or 4 people killed. Not 2000. Which was my original query. And no, I don't have a weak stomach.

I don't see 200 though, let alone 2000 and the "dead" kids all have their arms under their heads, posey style. Of the lot, three or four don't look staged. Which is 3 or 4 people killed. Not 2000. Which was my original query. And no, I don't have a weak stomach.

Sorry my friend, you are completely losing the argument here. Now you are resorting to questioning the evidence.
    Get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Lets continue with Muslim immigration into Europe it can only end well

• Advertisement

LorMal wrote: »
    Sorry my friend, you are completely losing the argument here. Now you are resorting to questioning the evidence.
    Get real.

I don't have an argument ffs, I'd just like to know that this isn't WMD2. WMD1 was the "real deal", remember??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

How many decapitated 4 year old little girls do you need to see in one photo. Whats your threshold for supporting intervention ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

seen the images. horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Why do you think ? Are you going to say its all our fault?
    People have free choice here. If they travel there to behead and rape then its their decision.

I don't think it's our fault but it's certainly within all our interests to examine it and prevent it happening if possible, in that sense it is a responsibility.

It's a matter for another thread though.

Calibos wrote: »
    How many decapitated 4 year old little girls do you need to see in one photo. Whats your threshold for supporting intervention ?

Not sure tbh. How many kids were killed in Gaza again? What intervention was there again??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Not sure tbh. How many kids were killed in Gaza again? What intervention was there again??

true. most sadly. we are all desensitized.

its all wrong. on every level.

It's really difficult to see how they can be stopped. Frightening to read some of the reports.

I don't have an argument ffs, I'd just like to know that this isn't WMD2. WMD1 was the "real deal", remember??

You are desperately trying to keep the focus on America as the big bad wolf. Leave it out.
    ISIS are evil. Focus on them.
    Hope the US destroys them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Not sure what that has to do with ISIS? :confused:
    h2005 wrote: »
    It's really difficult to see how they can be stopped. Frightening to read some of the reports.
    Troops on the ground will end them fairly swiftly. An operation co-ordinated by America with British, French, Turkish and Israeli support is probably the most realistic.

• Advertisement

You are desperately trying to keep the focus on America as the big bad wolf. Leave it out.
    ISIS are evil. Focus on them.
    Hope the US destroys them.

The US isn't going to put the boots on the ground to do that. They don't seem to learn from their foreign policy but rather rinse and repeat.

Advertisement