Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Egginacup wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Ebola, SARS and Kony?

Be a good name for a band that :pac:

Ebola can be cured

Flu

He's in the jungle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

So er ISIS are now going to flood Europe with over 500,000 migrants from Libya via the Med crossing to Italy and attempt to start riots. Add to this they soon hope to cross the sea themselves and start taking Europe. Is any of this feasible? Did our fine leaders in the West light a fire both with Iraq and then Libya which can at best now only be contained after very some ugly scenes across possibly all of Europe? Are we looking at a World War 3 scenario? Come up so many times before, but these guys are modern Nazis. They're taking over countries and building up a projection of power. You can't start bombing a specific country if they're already amongst us can you :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

fr336 wrote: »
    So er ISIS are now going to flood Europe with over 500,000 migrants from Libya via the Med crossing to Italy and attempt to start riots. Add to this they soon hope to cross the sea themselves and start taking Europe. Is any of this feasible? Did our fine leaders in the West light a fire both with Iraq and then Libya which can at best now only be contained after very some ugly scenes across possibly all of Europe? Are we looking at a World War 3 scenario? Come up so many times before, but these guys are modern Nazis. They're taking over countries and building up a projection of power. You can't start bombing a specific country if they're already amongst us can you :eek:

The 500,000 are migrants trying to escape. The fear is that some ISIS members will hide amongst them. Is it feasible? Yes. on a large scale? Unlikely.

Was Iraq and Libya a bad idea? Yeah, hindsight is a good thing, isn't it?

WW3? No. Worst that happens is Europe shuts its doors and gun license applications rise so people can protect themselves.

It'll become fortress Europe, and we'll probably bomb every ISIS position in the Middle East, turn the entire region into rubble.

I really want an insanely stupid side element of these ****ers to break rank and declare war on Russia or China...see how they're wiped from history in weeks.

Dammit I'm becoming more of a right winger with each day - the world isn't perfect, you have to deal with some scumbags to keep down far bigger insane scumbags, Russia warned not to destabilise the region, the world's police went along and did what they liked as usual.

The 500,000 are migrants trying to escape. The fear is that some ISIS members will hide amongst them. Is it feasible? Yes. on a large scale? Unlikely.

Why unlikely on a large scale? I'm more worried about their wish to flood Europe with migrants and start disorder ISIS related or not.

I can't believe such advanced, developed countries in Europe have let this get this far...not to mention the US. Potentially being held at gunpoint by what? Some clowns from the mountains. Argh.

• Advertisement

Why unlikely on a large scale? I'm more worried about their wish to flood Europe with migrants and start disorder ISIS related or not.

I can't believe such advanced, developed countries in Europe have let this get this far...not to mention the US. Potentially being held at gunpoint by what? Some clowns from the mountains. Argh.

Considering the support being shown for the Mayor of Rotterdam regarding his "Either live by Western laws, or leave", I don't think we'll be sitting on our hands if rioting kicks off. We'll probably deport them in mass numbers.

Dammit I'm becoming more of a right winger with each day - the world isn't perfect, you have to deal with some scumbags to keep down far bigger insane scumbags, Russia warned not to destabilise the region, the world's police went along and did what they liked as usual.

I consider myself a centralist, but I'm leaning right. Not the "kill everything that isn't 6 foot, white and blue eyed"/retard-level right-wing, but definitely becoming more conservative in nature.

I went from liberal to centralist, now leaning left, all in the space of a couple years. Crazy how our personalities can change so much in such a short time frame.

Considering the support being shown for the Mayor of Rotterdam regarding his "Either live by Western laws, or leave", I don't think we'll be sitting on our hands if rioting kicks off. We'll probably deport them in mass numbers.

The UK where I am won't :D Totally inept morons all around.

I consider myself a centralist, but I'm leaning right. Not the "kill everything that isn't 6 foot, white and blue eyed"/retard-level right-wing, but definitely becoming more conservative in nature.

I went from liberal to centralist, now leaning left, all in the space of a couple years. Crazy how our personalities can change so much in such a short time frame.

My constant issue is always thinking I'm right as in correct ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

170k made the crossing to Italy from January to July of last year. Then factor in those making the trip to the Spanish islands, Greece and Malta. 500k doesn't seem that unfeasible at all. In fact, the Italian immigration ministry estimates that there are currently up to 500k currently waiting to take the bath across as we speak. The smugglers can't get them across quick enough.

Hungary and Bulgaria are also currently receiving unprecedented numbers too. It wouldn't be too difficult to throw a few ISIS members in the mix.

• Advertisement

170k made the crossing to Italy from January to July of last year. Then factor in those making the trip to the Spanish islands, Greece and Malta. 500k doesn't seem that unfeasible at all. In fact, the Italian immigration ministry estimates that are currently up to 500k currently waiting to take the bath across as we speak. The smugglers can't get them across quick enough.

Hungary and Bulgaria are also currently receiving unprecedented numbers too. It wouldn't be too difficult to throw a few ISIS members in the mix.

Bit depressing. Where are the Mafia in all this? :D

170k made the crossing to Italy from January to July of last year. Then factor in those making the trip to the Spanish islands, Greece and Malta. 500k doesn't seem that unfeasible at all. In fact, the Italian immigration ministry estimates that are currently up to 500k currently waiting to take the bath across as we speak. The smugglers can't get them across quick enough.

I was actually talking about the idea of ISIS whipping up riotings and shootings in large numbers, not the idea of migrants crossing into Europe. Apologies, I haven't slept.
    The UK where I am won't :D Totally inept morons all around.

Britain, and Ireland, aren't part of the Schengen Area. We have control over who does and doesn't get into our country, and what will happen with those who enter illegally if they are caught.

Britain, and Ireland, aren't part of the Schengen Area. We have control over who does and doesn't get into our country, and what will happen with those who enter illegally if they are caught.

You clearly know a lot more than me (and most people) on this... Am I right to say that the Daily Mail's constant panic mode about all these illegals swarming Britain may be slightly misplaced?

You clearly know a lot more than me (and most people) on this... Am I right to say that the Daily Mail's constant panic mode about all these illegals swarming Britain may be slightly misplaced?

There are 860,000 illegal immigrants in the UK. Many more are waiting in Calais to try and get in - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10417222/Illegal-immigrants-cost-taxpayer-more-than-4000-a-head-each-year.html

There are 860,000 illegal immigrants in the UK. Many more are waiting in Calais to try and get in - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10417222/Illegal-immigrants-cost-taxpayer-more-than-4000-a-head-each-year.html

Great :eek:

Great :eek:

The last estimate I saw for Ireland was 30k illegals. That was in 2013. Also, between 2007 and 2012 we deported(physically) circa 300 people a year. The chances of them being deported are slim(it would take 100 years at current levels!).

The last estimate I saw for Ireland was 30k illegals. That was in 2013. Also, between 2007 and 2012 we deported(physically) circa 300 people a year. The chances of them being deported are slim(it would take 100 years at current levels!).

Let's hope 80% of them just want a quiet life, and the other 20 are just here to thieve us :cool:

How do these people live and operate, if they are illegal?

Do they claim welfare (in which case, finding and deporting them would be relatively easy), do they work and not pay taxes (much harder), or do they work and pay taxes, and we just ignore them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

CNN beats the mail every day :D

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/cnn-isis-kittens-nutella-1946398-Feb2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

CNN claims that ISIS is ‘luring’ women using kittens and Nutella
    ISIS is talking online about jars of Nutella, pictures of kittens and emojis. They want people to believe their life on the battlefield isn’t so different than yours. They actually eat Nutella, and I guess they have pet kittens.

How do these people live and operate, if they are illegal?

Do they claim welfare (in which case, finding and deporting them would be relatively easy), do they work and not pay taxes (much harder), or do they work and pay taxes, and we just ignore them?

Some come in on student visas, get a PPS number and away they go. Their visa has since expired but they pay taxes just like you or I. Revenue don't care or inquire about their status. I'd say this type would be most common. A third of all non EU students are illegal.

Some would enter the state illegally or on a tourist visa, not be able to pick up a PPS number and work off the books without paying tax(as they have no means to do so). Lads working in farms, factories, au-pairs, restaurant workers and such.

Some would be failed asylum seekers who go to ground after receiving a deportation notice.

Others would obtain false paperwork/forged EU passport. These can, hypothetically, claim welfare. There have been numerous such cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

After WW2, western leaders designed a plan to stop future world wars between nation states, they founded the Bilderberg group and EU.

The strategy is to dilute national identity by having nations so diverse they are no longer ethnically populated states. Rather fragmented populations with no common identity....Look at London.

It also ties nicely with having trans national identities for global capitalists, who can then sell the same products to hundreds of millions as their consumers.

Without doubt a strategy is being implemented and any voice against it undermined at all levels.

But you cant control history, the Islamification of Europe and conflict it will bring is the blowback they never saw coming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group
    [...]

yes, it goes far beyond europe with international elites in control, dissolving historically grown tribes, peoples and nations and turning us all into sheep, into users, followers and customers with fickle and short-lived allegiances to idols, gadgets and multinational corporations, all hype-driven and seducible...the common language will be some dumbed-down form of english, and in the more distant future all will look sort of similar, like the future people in south park...and it all began with marxism in the 19th century, if not even earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

So someone whose ancestry on these islands probably reaches back a thousand years or more, is less British than somebody whose family is here a wet day, in historical terms?

Would you have the gall to repeat such nonsense to a member of the indigenous people of New Zealand? I hope, for your sake, that you wouldn't.

Completely missed the point I see. Had better spell it out clearer. crusader777 identifies as British. He/she appears to be from Northern Ireland. There are many who would say that a person from NI is Irish, not British. There are also many in NI who are (identify as) British. Therefore obviously ethnic identity has a level of subjectivity to it no? It is somewhat dependant on how a person identifies themselves? (Obviously leaving aside a person who identifies as being from somewhere they have no ancestral, geographical or cultural ties to, because I am sure someone will be intellectually challenged enough to answer "so if I say I'm South African then I am, even though I have never been there" or some crap along those lines.)

A person who is now 50, is Muslim, was born in the UK and has lived there all there lives, whose parents originated from Pakistan, is not British and has no right to identify as such? What if they have never been to Pakistan? You would still say they are Pakistani? If this person marries an English person (ancestry going back 1000 years) and has children (still Muslim) are the children English/British or are they Pakistani too? At what point do you lot believe its acceptable for someone to be 'allowed' to identify as the ethnicity of their country of origin? What does it depend on? Skin colour, religion, 'pure blood'?

Interracial marriage and human migration really do seem to present a huge challenge for your ilk, as it thwarts your ability to put people into boxes. Perhaps you would be happier in a world where long distance travel was impossible? You might not be so keen on that though the next time there is a recession or potato famine and you want to feck off to some other country yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

So er ISIS are now going to flood Europe [...]

not like isis would be in control of global events or anything, isis are but a symptom of a much larger disease...as m. kleine-hartlage put it “communism – not islam – is the great disease of our free society. leftists are the true racists. islam is but a secondary infection.” (translated from the original german)...
    isis are like a symptom of that secondary infection, like an ulcer that needs to be cauterised...
    of course that (the communism part) specifically applies to europe and immigration...not as much to the global problem of radical islam...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Completely missed the point I see. Had better spell it out clearer. crusader777 identifies as British. He/she appears to be from Northern Ireland. There are many who would say that a person from NI is Irish, not British. There are also many in NI who are (identify as) British. Therefore obviously ethnic identity has a level of subjectivity to it no? It is somewhat dependant on how a person identifies themselves? (Obviously leaving aside a person who identifies as being from somewhere they have no ancestral, geographical or cultural ties to, because I am sure someone will be intellectually challenged enough to answer "so if I say I'm South African then I am, even though I have never been there" or some crap along those lines.)

A person who is now 50, is Muslim, was born in the UK and has lived there all there lives, whose parents originated from Pakistan, is not British and has no right to identify as such? What if they have never been to Pakistan? You would still say they are Pakistani? If this person marries an English person (ancestry going back 1000 years) and has children (still Muslim) are the children English/British or are they Pakistani too? At what point do you lot believe its acceptable for someone to be 'allowed' to identify as the ethnicity of their country of origin? What does it depend on? Skin colour, religion, 'pure blood'?

Interracial marriage and human migration really do seem to present a huge challenge for your ilk, as it thwarts your ability to put people into boxes. Perhaps you would be happier in a world where long distance travel was impossible? You might not be so keen on that though the next time there is a recession or potato famine and you want to feck off to some other country yourselves.

Great Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It depends on what one means by World War 3. Certainly, I cannot really see something like WW1 or WW2 develop between truly powerful countries anymore. The US and Russia are not going to directly go to war because they know the outcome will not benefit either side. Ditto with other such possibilities like US v China, China v Russia, etc. Instead, more recent wars are against weaker countries that can be defeated in a month such as Argentina, Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia, etc.

What superpowers are less good at though is up against guerrilla warfare. Think the old IRA here, the Vietcong and the original Afghan Mujahedin. Taken a step further, we have seen the emergence of terrorism. The trend for WW3 imo will be increasingly brazen terrorist organisations attacking in a wide range of countries. Some think WW3 already began on 9/11/2001. Global terrorism has been steadily increasing since the 1970s by organisations as diverse as FARC, PIRA, ETA, al Qaeda and ISIS. Nearly all of them are united in one way: they oppose a Western power or a government allied to one. Many also oppose Russia and China too (especially the 'Islamists'). Thus far we have seen rather limited cooperation between groups but unfortunately due to technology and chaos in some regions, it will become more and more easy for terrorist groups to meet up and do business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So, the last time I posted in this thread I advocated the carpet bombing of Raqqa. A few people didn't like this, telling me there were innocent people there who would die. Well here is what innocent people look like in Raqqa:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959934/Beaten-death-mob-Hundreds-savage-ISIS-supporters-swarm-Syrian-prisoners-kick-death-corpses-dragged-streets.html

I still stand by my suggestion, this place should be flattened and burnt in to the ground and then bombed again just to make double sure.

DarkJager wrote: »
    So, the last time I posted in this thread I advocated the carpet bombing of Raqqa. A few people didn't like this, telling me there were innocent people there who would die. Well here is what innocent people look like in Raqqa:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959934/Beaten-death-mob-Hundreds-savage-ISIS-supporters-swarm-Syrian-prisoners-kick-death-corpses-dragged-streets.html

I still stand by my suggestion, this place should be flattened and burnt in to the ground and then bombed again just to make double sure.

All men in the pictures. What about the women and children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

A bit harsh to be fair.

I would say however, if you targetted every big mansion, police station and barracks in Raqqa you would take out a fair number of them. I'd certainly say they have commandeered all the big houses in Raqqa now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

All men in the pictures. What about the women and children?

I'm not au fait with IS rules about who they allow to kick people to death but I wouldn't think the women and children of these animals would differ too much in their attitude to this. The problem with Raqqa is that the people there will now develop a Stockholm syndrome, becoming sympathisers for IS and adjusting to life under them. Is a ground campaign feasible here? I think not.

• Advertisement

I'm not au fait with IS rules about who they allow to kick people to death but I wouldn't think the women and children of these animals would differ too much in their attitude to this. The problem with Raqqa is that the people there will now develop a Stockholm syndrome, becoming sympathisers for IS and adjusting to life under them. Is a ground campaign feasible here? I think not.

So a 2 year old or a 6 year old or a 5 month old child in your eyes would be considered an ISIS sympathizer?

Advertisement