Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This flirt deserves our offering and nada else.

Wtf?
    Nod, have you ever been put to ki .

Wtf II?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

The problem with the Chomskyite accounts is that you don't actually learn anything from it - at least in terms of how major powers are to react to world events. We are repeatedly told the West is responsible for almost every ill in the world as it plays a hand in these roles.

Then, we have a sort of moral relativism at play where US actions abroad - such as drone strikes - are equated with the decapitating techniques of ISIS. It's when it morphs into this type of self-hating theoretical malignancy you know you've reached a low point.

It was at this point I had to abandon Chomskyite analysis, even though I hitherto subscribed to his views with the same conviction now seen on this thread and others. This is not to say we cannot learn anything from Chomsky, as we evidently can, but that's where I'd firmly draw the line.

His work on linguistics is considerably more impressive and cohesive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Nodin wrote: »
    Yep, and you'd still be wrong at the end of it. Quoting blogs and opinion pieces doesn't help your case at all at all, particularily when they seem inclined to confuse criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism.

Nope, you can be critical of Israel/pro Palestine without being an anti semite, you can defend Israel without being a zionist.
    He's just a hypocritical, anti-semite Jew (like Marx), given far too much oxygen by hand wringing lefties.
    I could be wrong of course, as could you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

The problem with the Chomskyite accounts is that you don't actually learn anything from it - at least in terms of how major powers are to react to world events. We are repeatedly told the West is responsible for almost every ill in the world as it plays a hand in these roles.

Then, we have a sort of moral relativism at play where US actions abroad - such as drone strikes - are equated with the decapitating techniques of ISIS. It's when it morphs into this type of self-hating theoretical malignancy you know you've reached a low point.

It was at this point I had to abandon Chomskyite analysis, even though I hitherto subscribed to his views with the same conviction now seen on this thread and others. This is not to say we cannot learn anything from Chomsky, as we evidently can, but that's where I'd firmly draw the line.

and whatever chomsky or any of his peers write is ultimately just their opinions and theories anyway...food for thought, nothing more...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

As yes, Chomsky.
    Anti us, anti Israel and debateable anti-semite, pro communist, pro russia pigeon.

SOOOO much wrong in one sentence.

Hilarious.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Nope, you can be critical of Israel/pro Palestine without being an anti semite, you can defend Israel without being a zionist.
    He's just a hypocritical, anti-semite Jew (like Marx), given far too much oxygen by hand wringing lefties.
    I could be wrong of course, as could you.

If you like making things up, maybe. I prefer the facts, where he isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

Will you stop. I found your quip funny. I'm Irish. The day we can stop taking the proverbial, is the day we cease existing. You humourless Kraut!

Did you see our lads donated a serious ship to the lads in Malta? Remind yisser lads about how the EU works. Or should work. I'm immensely proud right now.

Likewise. We're all European, it doesn't make sense to bitch over a rust bucket that might've fetched a couple hundred thousand, when Malta needed it more than we do.

Maybe the European Union being given teeth isn't a bad thing after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Nodin wrote: »
    If you like making things up, maybe. I prefer the facts, where he isn't.

If you're searching for facts, Chomsky is the wrong person to go to: http://jim.com/chomsdis.htm

The man is a typical far-lefty who uses lies and propaganda to forward his anti-capitalist agenda. Also, the fact that he's an anti-capitalist means he loses all credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭keanosbeard

Israel was created in 1948. The Republic Of Ireland was declared a republic in 1949. The United States of America ( also known as "The Great Satan" ) was founded in 1776. Great Britain was formed in 1707.

Mohommed the inventor of Islam, in his lifetime, had his followers rampaging around Arabia in the years 622 onwards killing, murdering, mutilating, beheading, enslaving, raping, stealing and engaging in acts which today would be termed as peadophillia and rape and racism and bigotry and religious persecution and ethnic cleansing and all sort of nastiness such as tying up men and raping their wives in front of them. (Except " Rape " is not an Islamic concept as Muslims are free to have sex with enslaved women, the consent of the woman to either being enslaved or forced sexual assault is completely irrelevant ).

I fail to see how all of this was the fault of the " Decadent West " and " Foreign Policy " in the years 622 to 632, never mind the continued behaviour of the followers of Islam right up to the present day.

Yet well meaning self loathing lefties continue to try and claim the behaviour of Mohammed and the followers of Islam is been all our fault, even in the year 622.

Isis are doing exactly what Mohommed, the inventor of Islam, and his followers did during his lifetime, yet hand-wringing lefties continue to try and tell us it has " Nothing to do with Islam." and it is somehow " Twisted " and " Warped ".

It is certainly not nice, but they are simply following the teachings and examples of Mohammed, the man who invented Islam and his earliest followers. It's all there in the Koran and the Hadith and historical accounts of the time from Muslim and non-Muslims, although bear in mind these folk and their culture were likely to be exterminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Israel was created in 1948. The Republic Of Ireland was declared a republic in 1949. The United States of America ( also known as "The Great Satan" ) was founded in 1776. Great Britain was formed in 1707.

Mohommed the inventor of Islam, in his lifetime, had his followers rampaging around Arabia in the years 622 onwards killing, murdering, mutilating, beheading, enslaving, raping, stealing and engaging in acts which today would be termed as peadophillia and rape and racism and bigotry and religious persecution and ethnic cleansing and all sort of nastiness such as tying up men and raping their wives in front of them. (Except " Rape " is not an Islamic concept as Muslims are free to have sex with enslaved women, the consent of the woman to either being enslaved or forced sexual assault is completely irrelevant ).

I fail to see how all of this was the fault of the " Decadent West " and " Foreign Policy " in the years 622 to 632, never mind the continued behaviour of the followers of Islam right up to the present day.

Yet well meaning self loathing lefties continue to try and claim the behaviour of Mohammed and the followers of Islam is been all our fault, even in the year 622.

Isis are doing exactly what Mohommed, the inventor of Islam, and his followers did during his lifetime, yet hand-wringing lefties continue to try and tell us it has " Nothing to do with Islam." and it is somehow " Twisted " and " Warped ".

It is certainly not nice, but they are simply following the teachings and examples of Mohammed, the man who invented Islam and his earliest followers. It's all there in the Koran and the Hadith and historical accounts of the time from Muslim and non-Muslims, although bear in mind these folk and their culture were likely to be exterminated.

yup...and i wonder where all the muslim propagandists on boards are hiding...time for one of them to come in and "prove" you wrong i’d say...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

ISIS, ISIS, ISIS Please Please cross the border into Jordan.

Then Israel will respond as they have a defence pact with Jordan. The Israelis are the only ones with the real guts to take them on without worrying what others will think if they go a bit heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    ISIS, ISIS, ISIS Please Please cross the border into Jordan.

Then Israel will respond as they have a defence pact with Jordan. The Israelis are the only ones with the real guts to take them on without worrying what others will think if they go a bit heavy

Israel won't touch ISIS

ISIS have done a great job for Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

quite right, google the IS monthly magazine dabiq where they expailn how islam is not a relegion of peace but a religion of the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

just fckin lol. How do you jump from 622 to modern day and thus ignoring practically all the history of the Islamic world. It was just rape and pillage for the last 15 hundred years. I wondered why every muslim I have met talks about all the rapes and beheadings they have been involved in and how they love talking about their past glories of rape and violence. Most prayers at mosques in fact are just long sermons about riding infidels, slaves and brutal violence. Us peace loving citizens of the West dont have an ancient or recent history of war, rape, pillage and empire do we? Its not like we continue to engage in hostile of acts of aggression against sovereign nations for trumped up reasons, its not like we support brutal dictators at the expense of ordinary people because it serves our needs? No its them dirty evil muslims over there who are plotting to kill all of us lovely nice people.

Are you even aware of how fckin ridiculous you sound to anyone with half a brain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

quite right, google the IS monthly magazine dabiq where they expailn how islam is not a relegion of peace but a religion of the sword.

I agree, it is religion.

If US foreign policy were responsible for Islamic extremism, then how do the left explain Boko Haram in Nigeria?

When did the US invade Nigeria?

The fact is that even if the US/UK did not invade Muslim countries, these extremists would still exist - as per the Boko Haram example above.

As with Boko Haram, ISIS are following to the letter the word of the Qur'an. Nobody can call them "bad Muslims", and, indeed, some would argue they are better Muslims in the sense of not being hypocritical to subscribe to some parts of the Qur'an, but not others.

Religion plays a role - as it does with mad Christians and fundamentalist Jews - the sooner the left wakes up to this fact, the better.

If anyone believes ISIS are beheading folks in Iraq purely as a recruiting tool - and not because they actually believe in the act - they are quite frankly delusional.

Actually what you have written is the ridiculous part.

Isis act they way they do because of Mohammed and his original followers in his lifetime. If the Decadent West and Foreign Policy had never existed there would still be people like Isis. Mohammed is their inspiration.

Isis want to f**k a 9 year old girl because Mohammed did.

Isis take women as slaves to rape and sexually abuse, because that is what the warriors of Mohammed did in his lifetime and under his leadership.

If you don't like facts, tough.

Perhaps you prefer TAYIQQA, like most apologists and appeasers for the more unpleasant aspects of Islam.

Its not illegal to examine Islam and where appropriate be critical about it.

Not yet anyway, although there are certainly some folk who want it that way.

You forgot to skweeam wayyysssiismm !

Playboy wrote: »
    just fckin lol. How do you jump from 622 to modern day and thus ignoring practically all the history of the Islamic world.

I think the point he is making is that ISIS are acting in the very same way mohammad and early muslims did

everything ISIS do is based on the koran, thats why they attract muslims from every corner of the world

foolish people can keep claiming that ISIS have nothing to do with islam but the facts are there for all to see

you can't blame the jews/US/the west for the violence that is a core part of islam

Actually what you have written is the ridiculous part.

Isis act they way they do because of Mohammed and his original followers in his lifetime. If the Decadent West and Foreign Policy had never existed there would still be people like Isis. Mohammed is their inspiration.

Isis want to f**k a 9 year old girl because Mohammed did.

Isis take women as slaves to rape and sexually abuse, because that is what the warriors of Mohammed did in his lifetime and under his leadership.

If you don't like facts, tough.

Perhaps you prefer TAYIQQA, like most apologists and appeasers for the more unpleasant aspects of Islam.

Its not illegal to examine Islam and where appropriate be critical about it.

Not yet anyway, although there are certainly some folk who want it that way.

You forgot to skweeam wayyysssiismm !

Just admit you are bigoted, life is much easier when you dont have to try and justify your hatred with warped logic and facts. Yes it's not illegal to examine Islam and I examine and I am critical of it. But making the intellectual leaps you do outside of the context of modern history can only be explained in one way, deep seated bias that blinds you to any sort of honest critical analysis.

PS I'm assuming you are a rereg due to a previous ban?

nokia69 wrote: »
    I think the point he is making is that ISIS are acting in the very same way mohammad and early muslims did

everything ISIS do is based on the koran, thats why they attract muslims from every corner of the world

foolish people can keep claiming that ISIS have nothing to do with islam but the facts are there for all to see

you can't blame the jews/US/the west for the violence that is a core part of islam

No one is saying it has nothing to do with Islam, of course they do. But the claim that they arose in some kind of vacuum spontaneously is ridiculous. Fundamentalism such as this is a consequence of the West's interventions in the region. If they happened to be Buddhists or Christians then we would see a variant of the same lunacy.

No one is saying it has nothing to do with Islam, of course they do. But the claim that they arose in some kind of vacuum spontaneously is ridiculous. Fundamentalism such as this is a consequence of the West's interventions in the region. If they happened to be Buddhists or Christians then we would see a variant of the same lunacy.

Boko Haram and Nigeria?

• Advertisement

Just admit you are bigoted, life is much easier when you dont have to try and justify your hatred with warped logic and facts. Yes it's not illegal to examine Islam and I examine and I am critical of it. But making the intellectual leaps you do outside of the context of modern history can only be explained in one way, deep seated bias that blinds you to any sort of honest critical analysis.

So, when you can't argue against the facts, you revert to ad hominem?

Your opinion, and everything that comes from your head, can be discarded. Nobody should even read your posts, there is nothing of value inside.

I warped nothing.

Boko Haram and Nigeria?

Something something religion of peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I don't know where Islam got the reputation of being the religion of love or peace. None of the major religions are about love: they are about law and order. I suppose you can have peace from law and order... but you don't have law and order from peace.

Muhammed was a particularly brutal form of prophet (for instance beheading hundreds of Jews after the battle of the trench); but not particularly barbarous for a military leader of the time.

Islam in its relative youth embraced science and philosophy; to a much greater extent than Christianity. It took a lot of its own teachings with a pinch of salt.

As the Ottoman Empire came towards its peak of power it started to become increasingly conservative . As Christian Europe, in the wake of the Reformation and Renaissance embarked upon the Enlightenment, Islam stated to abandon much of its progressive positions.

ISIS seeks to bring Islam right back to its roots - of Early Medieval tribal warfare (albeit with rifles and tanks instead of swords and camels). There is nothing inherently un-islamic about it; even if it bears no resemblance to the the form of Islam practiced by the various caliphates that vied with Constantinople.

I don't know where Islam got the reputation of being the religion of love. None of the major religions are about love: they are about law and order.

Muhammed was a particularly brutal form of prophet (for instance beheading hundreds of Jews after the battle of the trench); but not particularly barbarous for a military leader of the time.

Islam in its relative youth embraced science and philosophy; to a much greater extent than Christianity. It took a lot of its own teachings with a pinch of salt.

As the Ottoman Empire came towards its peak of power it started to become increasingly conservative . As Christian Europe, in the wake of the Reformation and Renaissance embarked upon the Enlightenment, Islam stated to abandon much of its progressive positions.

ISIS seeks to bring Islam right back to its roots - of Early Medieval tribal warfare (albeit with rifles and tanks instead of swords and camels). There is nothing inherently un-islamic about it; even if it bears no resemblance to the the form of Islam practiced by the various caliphates that vied with Constantinople.

You're speaking critically of Islam. No doubt Playboy thinks you should be banned and forced into mandatory re-education school.

people are endlessly saying ISIS have nothing to do with islam

its all some fools will say on the matter

Fourteen hundred years of Islam, Bhuddism and Christianity suggests otherwise.

This lunacy has shown a high correlation with Islam.

There are periods of history and areas of the world where there was no " Western Intervention " yet this lunacy occurred and occours.

The West is not to blame for the bad bits of Islam. Islam is totally responsible.

So, when you can't argue against the facts, you revert to ad hominem?

Your opinion, and everything that comes from your head, can be discarded. Nobody should even read your posts, there is nothing of value inside.

So what fact am I arguing against? Enlighten me sir.. Given you previous propaganda piece on the origins of Israel I'm looking forward to your unbiased observations. Camp David was a good deal was it?

You're speaking critically of Islam. No doubt Playboy thinks you should be banned and forced into mandatory re-education school.

Quite the contrary actually, he said nothing incorrect.

• Advertisement

So what fact am I arguing against? Enlighten me sir.. Given you previous propaganda piece on the origins of Israel I'm looking forward to your unbiased observations. Camp David was a good deal was it?

Stop ignoring my question.

You said fundamentalism is caused by Western intervention.

Please explain Boko Haram in Nigeria.

Until you answer this, your point about Western foreign policy as the sole cause of extremism will be called into question.

Advertisement