Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Tugboats wrote: »
    No but i wouldnt be coming onto an ISIS are evil thread talking about teenagers in my local chippy who were singing songs about muslims:confused:

.....but dragging in anything humanly possible to slag off the muslims with is a-ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

Nodin wrote: »
    .....but dragging in anything humanly possible to slag off the muslims with is a-ok.

Giving a critical analysis of Islam's history, and dispelling the myth that the West has caused Islam's brutal nature, is not the same as Islamaphobia. Amadán.

.............large parts of this thread, however, consist of rants, islamophobia and sectarianism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 jacintaobrien

because not liking isis or a 7th century violent religion that isis happen to follow, is ''islamophobic'',listen here im afraid of great whites,does that mean i have some sort of problem and should go out and hug one? yknow get over the fear :)

because not liking isis or a 7th century violent religion that isis happen to follow, is ''islamophobic'',listen here im afraid of great whites,does that mean i have some sort of problem and should go out and hug one? yknow get over the fear :)

....yes, because somebody said that. You'll be able to link back to the post, presumably....

• Advertisement

.............large parts of this thread, however, consist of rants, islamophobia and sectarianism.

Then report them, or ignore them, or read them with an emotionless logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Giving a critical analysis of Islam's history, and dispelling the myth that the West has caused Islam's brutal nature, is not the same as Islamaphobia. Amadán.

Islamaphobia?

Thats only the warm-up act. Wait until you find out you are also racist and (you really couldn't make this up) homophobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭SeanW

Playboy wrote: »
    No one is saying it has nothing to do with Islam,
    Actually, both the UK Government and the US president have an explicit policy to call Islamic terroism "violent extremism" or "fundamentalist violence" to refer to Isis, Al Quaeda, the guys who shot Charlie Hebdo's office and the Jewish supermarket in Paris. All to sanitise out the key aspect of all of it.

Even if someone is preaching from the Koran while chopping off a mans head with a machete, like the psychos in London who killed Lee Rigby, government policy in both the US and UK is to call it "violent extremism."
    If they happened to be Buddhists or Christians then we would see a variant of the same lunacy.
    No, we wouldn't. The Chinese are doing to the Tibetan Buddhists exactly what the British did to Ireland in centuries past, only much more successfully, and the Tibetans, represented by the Dalai Lama, insist on only peaceful resistance. You can't commit violence in the name of Buddhism without explicitly discarding the central tents of that faith. You can in the name of Islam, as AQ, ISIS, Boko Haram, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, Abu Sayyaf etc are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

It's bizzare that those three teenage girls travelled to join ISIS, despite all the news about the atrocities committed by the group. Why would anyone want to be a part of that organisation? Obviously the organisation has a strong pull with young people in the west.

When these teenage girls see the reality on the ground they will realise the mistake they made. Only it will be too late then. At best they were very naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Obviously the organisation has a strong pull with young people in the west.

:confused:

Yeh, that's why their numbers are in the millions now.

FFS...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

SeanW wrote: »

No, we wouldn't. The Chinese are doing to the Tibetan Buddhists exactly what the British did to Ireland in centuries past, only much more successfully, and the Tibetans, represented by the Dalai Lama, insist on only peaceful resistance. You can't commit violence in the name of Buddhism without explicitly discarding the central tents of that faith.........

Better tell the Burmese and Sri Lankans that.

As regards Tibet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_Tibetan_program

It's bizzare that those three teenage girls travelled to join ISIS, despite all the news about the atrocities committed by the group. Why would anyone want to be a part of that organisation? Obviously the organisation has a strong pull with young people in the west.

When these teenage girls see the reality on the ground they will realise the mistake they made. Only it will be too late then. At best they were very naive.

For women in particular its beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,276 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Women can be vicious bastards too.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Women can be vicious bastards too.

Yeah. But these aren't really the kind as would give them a uniform and a gun....

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Apparently the western female recruits to the isis cause are revelling in the brutality of mass executions, beheadings, tortures. Sickening stuff and I don't subscribe that these women are that naive as to how bad it is before going over.

Better tell the Burmese and Sri Lankans that.

As regards Tibet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_Tibetan_program
    I plan to respond to this a little more later, but in the meantime I'm sure you can show me videos of Buddhists decapitating Christians, setting Chinese people on fire, setting off suicide bombs in crowded civlian areas, teaching their children that Jews are apes and pigs, throwing alleged homosexuals off the tops of buidlings, committing genocide against Yadizi people (or any other group) knocking over entire countries to build a "Buddhist State" or basically being anything like IS, AQ, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Al-Shabaab etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

kefir32 wrote: »
    Apparently the western female recruits to the isis cause are revelling in the brutality of mass executions, beheadings, tortures. Sickening stuff and I don't subscribe that these women are that naive as to how bad it is before going over.

Its a known fact that women are more evil than men. Just look at the Nazi wives

Lawyer for Scottish woman who travelled to Syria last year blames British government for her radicalisation.

It's impossible to track what every teenage muslim girl is doing in the UK online. And if GCHQ did for example there would be outrage.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What I can't understand is many of these young women are noted as being academically talented, intelligent and so on. And then they are fed a load of bull from fighters thousands of miles away and they fall for it.
    Their familes might as well forget about these girls. Their passports will be taken and destroyed. They will be prevented from using internet, watching TV or phoning home. When homesickness kicks in within a few months they'll realise their mistake and be stuck in some hellhole as the property of some hairy unwashed jihadist who only wants to have sex with them and not much more. What a waste of their lives.

I plan to respond(...............), AQ, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Al-Shabaab etc.

So first they were non-violent, now its 'they're not violent in the way the muslims are'. As a goal-post move attempt that's a bit "lame" as they say.

You might want to read up on what's happened to various minorities in Burma and Sri Lanka over the years, as well as the views of some of the monks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodu_Bala_Sena
    http://www.news.va/en/news/asiasri-lanka-christian-pastor-attacked-by-buddhis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You might want to read up on what's happened to various minorities in Burma and Sri Lanka over the years, as well as the views of some of the monks.

And you might quit it with the whataboutery and moral equivalence, this thread is about Daesh, not Buddhists.

And you might quit it with the whataboutery and moral equivalence, this thread is about Daesh, not Buddhists.

It would be nice if you read the thread before commenting. I didn't bring them into it, nor did I make the rather silly statement here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94396459&postcount=2833

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

"I didn't start it your honour" is always a good defence :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Not sure if this has been discussed much on this thread, but Blaas says "Daesh" instead of ISIS, and maybe we should all be doing the same, and encouraging the media to do so as well.

Love the Aussie PM's reasons for doing so in this article.

A lot of women are drawn to vicious, brutal men. Look at Charles Manson. That guy got married after he was thrown in prison. Look at the love letters Ted Bundy and his ilk received whilst in prison.

Women are just as depraved as men, probably more-so. Men will butcher you, the women will whisper in the men's ears who should be butchered.

Regardless, every person who goes to join ISIS and their affiliates simply means there's one less burden on the West.

There should be no redemption for those people. Zero tolerance policy. If you're caught fighting with ISIS, especially after you know that they are incredibly barbaric, your lifestyle in the West is forfeit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

[...]Regardless, every person who goes to join ISIS and their affiliates simply means there's one less burden on the West.[...]

exactly, and good riddance to them all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

So first they were non-violent, now its 'they're not violent in the way the muslims are'. As a goal-post move attempt that's a bit "lame" as they say.

I read the links you posted regarding BBS and honestly,to try and equate their activities,which though unpleasant,with the islamic hardliners, are not in the same ballpark as ISIS,AQ,BH.
    They seem to protest at meetings,put pressure on the local govt. to bend to their wishes,but come on man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I suggest a big trampoline be placed below the Tower of Pisa.

It could be fun !

• Advertisement

No, we wouldn't. The Chinese are doing to the Tibetan Buddhists exactly what the British did to Ireland in centuries past, only much more successfully, and the Tibetans, represented by the Dalai Lama, insist on only peaceful resistance. You can't commit violence in the name of Buddhism without explicitly discarding the central tents of that faith. You can in the name of Islam, as AQ, ISIS, Boko Haram, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, Abu Sayyaf etc are doing.
    What's "lame" is your twisting of my position. Read the bolded, emphasised bit again. Of course a Buddhist can be violent, but only if they disregard the central tenets of their faith.

That is why the worst you can find about Buddhists is a radical ultra-nationalist group with limited support and whose activities mostly involve protesting.

You won't find Buddhists flying planes into buildings, setting off suicide bombs in crowded places, murdering people for a wide variety of trivial and insane reasons.
    Because BBS is in the same league as the dozens of barbarian Islamic groups (IS, Hamas, AQ, Boko Haram etc)? How do you spell "pathetic whataboutery?"

Advertisement