Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I qualify for a migration Visa

Options
  • 09-08-2014 8:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am currently on hols in melbourne from ireland, I am visiting my brother who has been here 10 years.

I really like it here so I was wondering whats involved in getting a visa and moving over.

I work as a QC Chemist in a lab so im not sure if this is on the jobs list, whats the difference between SOL and CSOL? I know chemistry technician is on the CSOL list

Can anyone recommend a good registered agent? How much do these cost? I heard Mege Dalton is good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

This topic has been covered before so do a search on the forum.

Dept Immigration and Border Protection has lots of information and visa wizard to help you. To get a 189/190 visa you will need minimum of 60 points based on age, qualifications, work experience, English competency etc. There are other visa such as 457 where a company sponsers you or regional visas if you live outside the cities. Check out the DIBP.

You can do it easily without an agent and will save a lot if money. Some people prefer agents. Make sure they are registered agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I work as a QC Chemist in a lab so im not sure if this is on the jobs list, whats the difference between SOL and CSOL? I know chemistry technician is on the CSOL list

Simply anything on SOL is good for an independent visa, CSOL usually means you need some assistance ie. Employer Sponsorship, State sponsorship or Regional Sponsorship.

Its a simpler version from years ago when it was Schedules 1-5, Occupations in demand and Critical Skills lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NiallSORo

Pugins wrote: »
    You can do it easily without an agent

I've a list of previously refused clients the length of my arm that will tell you this blanket advice is not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

NiallSORo wrote: »
    I've a list of previously refused clients the length of my arm that will tell you this blanket advice is not accurate.

What are the most common mistakes? A lot of people I know have done their own visas with no problems but I understand how it could be quite easy to get wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just because people get refused doesn't mean it's not possible to do it your self.
    Some visas are geared up for self-applications, others less so. But if you do your research and but the work it its not difficult to lodge a visa. But if you half ass it you'll end up getting it sent back, or rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

If you read the rest of my post you will see I also said that some people prefer to use an agent. It is a matter of choice.

As an agent yourself it is in your interest to encourage use of agents. I was simply pointing out that it can be easily (in my opinion, if your application is straightforward), be done without an agent. It is a fact that using an agent is more expensive.

Advertisement