Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

novice need advice

Options
  • 09-08-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    First off I am a non smoker,can't stand them but my better half is about a 50gm amber leaf per week smoker.
    Accept all vices etc,been encouraging her to give up but she needs to be ready herself.
    Now she is I am told and wants to go with the e ciggs.
    Could anyone suggest a starter package that looks like a ciggarette by design,is compact and easy to use.
    preferably not overly expensive or complicated to use and will last a while.
    I would really appreciate some advice been 7yrs trying to coax her to give up.and if this helps her all the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

A big issue with ecigs that look like cigarettes (cigalikes) is that they typically don't have the power needed to either last all day, or give the hit and amount of nicotine needed. My mother was a 7 to 10 a day smoker, and uses a VIP cigalike. A new battery just about gets her through the day.

If you absolutely have to have one that looks like a cigarette, I've got an Innokin AIO here in the house. Here's the info.
    It's black and looks ok. You can have it. You'll just need to get a couple of cartomisers and some liquid. PM me if you want it.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/131-510-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Personally I'd recommend an Ego style starter kit. And I'd suggest the Aspire ETS Glassomiser

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspirespin.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Heatmachine1

Hi Tony,
    very generous of you,but I will take your advice and go with the ego style starter kit.
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

Personally I'd recommend an Ego style starter kit. And I'd suggest the Aspire ETS Glassomiser

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspirespin.htm[/QUOTE]

+1 on the above.
    Pretty simple to use and far more likely to stay of the cigs with this kit IMO.

Dont forget some juice. I found 18mg Nicotene best when I started.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

If you are near any of the bricks and mortar vaping shops go in with your other half and have a go of the equipment they have, my little bit of advice on that would be to steer clear of the franchised places and go to one of the independent shops out there much better level of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

If you want a starter kit I've the making of here
    here... I dont use it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    If you want a starter kit I've the making of here
    here... I dont use it anymore

I found 18 too weak.
    I needed 24mg and I smoked JP blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Coming from Major and rollies I needed 24mg as well.
    It's better to get a juice that's strong so that the craving for a cigg won't be bad,if you get one that's too weak she may feel like they aren't working and give up on them without giving them a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Heatmachine1

Great advice lads,I will be putting in an order on pay day.
    Thanks very much everyone who contributed and offered kits.

Advertisement