Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Predictions

• 09-08-2014 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭

Top 6:
    1. Chelsea: Additions of Matic, Fabregas, Costa, Luis, Drogba should make them very difficult to beat and can see them grinding out a title win.
    2. Arsenal: Addition of Sanchez will be a big bonus, still think Arsenal lack a little in midfield and defence to win the title.
    3. Man Utd: Arrival of LVG and no CL means they will 100% focus on the PL.
    4. Man City: Don't think they will emulate last seasons win.
    5. Liverpool: Will be very difficult to get top 4 having lost Suarez. Find it very hard to predict how Liverpool will cope without Suarez and how the new signings will adjust.
    6. Spurs: Don't think they are as strong as the teams above although the arrival of Poch should result in vast improvement. Everton have to play in the EL so I think Spurs will just pip them for 6th.

Relegation:
    - West Brom: Lucky to avoid the drop last season, haven't really strengthened the squad and the new manager has no experience at this level.
    - Burnley: Don't have the finances to compete at this level.
    - Villa: Lerner wants out, been hanging around the drop for a few seasons now. New signings are atrocious, Senderos, Joe Cole, Cissokho, Richardson.

Top Goalscorer: Rooney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah now! Its a week before KO anything could happen.

Top 6:

1. Chelsea
    2. Man City

3. Liverpool
    3. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal

I really cannot separate the three above right now, one signing made or not made could could be decisive, likewise the two below are very evenly matched for me.

6 Everton
    6. Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

1. Man City
    2. Arsenal
    3. Chelsea
    4. Man Utd
    5. Liverpool
    6. Spurs

Relegated Burnley, Leicester, Vills

Top Scorer Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Top 6:

1. Chelsea
    2. Arsenal
    3. Man City
    4. Man Utd
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool

Relegation: Burnley, West Brom, Hull

Top Goalscorer: Ageuro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

1 - Chelsea
    2 - Man United
    3 - Man City
    4 - Arsenal
    5 - Liverpool
    6 - Spurs

Top scorer - Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Chelsea
    City
    Arsenal
    United
    Spurs
    Liverpool

Relegated: Burnley, Hull, West Ham (!!)

Top Goalscorer: Wayne Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Everton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

1. Manchester United
    2. Chelsea
    3. Manchester City
    4. Arsenal

Player of the Year: Arturo Vidal

Top Scorer: Robin Van Persie

This thread last year was fun.

Chelsea to nick the league this year from City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Manchester United
    6. Everton

Chelsea now have the best squad.

City haven't improved theirs.

Liverpool will drop away from Chelsea and City but I feel they will be more formidable than many imagine.

Arsenal will drop away later in the season after early promise.

United will be much better but unless they make a number of signings before the window closes, there are too many question marks over midfield and defence.

Everton will be very competitive this season and finish best of the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

1. Chelsea
    2. Arsenal
    3. City
    4. Liverpool

Top scorer : Sturridge
    POTY : Hazard
    YPOTY : Sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

1. Chelsea
    2. United
    3. Arsenal
    4. City (will make champions league semis, could win it imo)

Top Goal Scorer: Van Persie
    Player of the year: Ozil
    Young Player of the Year: Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Everyone writing liverpool off. Liverpool can cope without suarez they are much more of a team than an individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rob316 wrote: »
    Everyone writing liverpool off. Liverpool can cope without suarez they are much more of a team than an individual.

General consensus seems to be that United will get top 4 with Liverpool missing out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

djPSB wrote: »
    General consensus seems to be that United will get top 4 with Liverpool missing out.

No Suarez, fighting on four fronts and the terminal decline of Steven Gerrard should see them in 5th at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

1.Liverpool
    2.Man City
    3.Chelsea
    4.Man Utd

Relegation:
    Burnley
    QPR
    Hull

Top Scorer: Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

No Suarez, fighting on four fronts and the terminal decline of Steven Gerrard should see them in 5th at best.

Nah, squad additions will make a big difference here I reckon1. Utd have a lot more ground to make up than people realise.

City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Top scorer Costa
    Poty toure
    Ypoty Can

djPSB wrote: »

Was the general consensus last year too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Someone post a link to last years thread...woukd be good to look thru the predictions from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Arsenal
    4. Manchester United
    5. Tottenham
    6. Liverpool

Hard call until the transfer window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Chelsea - Costa top scorer 12/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Very likely we won't get out our group in the CL so that is six extra games. Everyone over states the strain of European football.
    We have lost suarez but added to the squad, improved the defence and have more to come.

I have no doubt Sturridge, sterling and coutinho will step up and be even more important players than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

retalivity wrote: »
    Someone post a link to last years thread...woukd be good to look thru the predictions from that

Can only find this thread from last year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85978693

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Fescue wrote: »
    1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Manchester United
    6. Everton

Chelsea now have the best squad.

City haven't improved theirs.

Liverpool will drop away from Chelsea and City but I feel they will be more formidable than many imagine.

Arsenal will drop away later in the season after early promise.

United will be much better but unless they make a number of signings before the window closes, there are too many question marks over midfield and defence.

Everton will be very competitive this season and finish best of the rest.

THink you might have missed out on a few signings. City's squad is immense.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Was the general consensus last year too

Can't be wrong twice in a row can they?

1 - l'll do this when the window closes

rob316 wrote: »
    Very likely we won't get out our group in the CL so that is six extra games. Everyone over states the strain of European football.
    We have lost suarez but added to the squad, improved the defence and have more to come.

I have no doubt Sturridge, sterling and coutinho will step up and be even more important players than last year.
    Why are you writing off the CL for Pool straightaway ?
    Unless Liverpool get in another top striker(20 goals a season) they will struggle imo.
    Suarez got 31goal and 12 assists in 33 games last year,that is phenomenal and I haven't seen anything in the transfers done so far that will come close to replacing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

City
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Spurs

Liverpool's new depth will help, but the lack of (IMO) real quality all over the pitch will tell, I think. Lallana, Sterling, Sturridge and Coutinho is a long way off what City, Arsenal and Chelsea can put out, and United's easy schedule will make them hard to beat to 4th.

I think Chelsea's striker difficulties will continue. I don't think Costa is the answer. City will run away with it by at least 5 points.

Relegation:
    Burnley
    West Ham
    Hull

lordgoat wrote: »
    THink you might have missed out on a few signings. City's squad is immense.

Can't be wrong twice in a row can they?

1 - l'll do this when the window closes

Who has improved City significantly?

Caballero, Sagna, Mangala (it's happening) Fernando and Lampard.

https://twitter.com/TransferUpdate/status/496685273838026752/photo/1

That is the best squad in the league at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

1. Liverpool
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man City
    4. Spurs
    5. Man U
    6. Everton
    7. Arsenal

Caballero, Sagna, Mangala (it's happening) Fernando and Lampard.

https://twitter.com/TransferUpdate/status/496685273838026752/photo/1

That is the best squad in the league at the moment.

They have certainly increased the numbers in their squad, so in that regard I guess they have improved it.

I guess what I was really suggesting is that Chelsea have added Courtois, Fabregas, Costa and Luis Felipe, who will all go straight into the first team and improve Chelsea dramatically.

Will any of those additions City have made go straight into their first team? Mangala perhaps. Will they be significantly stronger, I'm not so sure.

Chelsea favourites for me on the basis of the additions they have made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Chelsea
    City
    Arsenal
    United

West Brom, Burnley & Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Top7.
    Chelsea
    City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    United
    Spurs
    Everton

Relegation.
    Leicester
    Villa
    Burnley

Top Scorer - Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

If Costa performs as well as last year Chelsea will be incredibly tough to beat.
    Their main problem has been a consistent strikers. Their midfield is immense, and Mourinho has such a good defensive record with them.

With no CL I can see it being a battle between United & City for second place (the latter due to another strong squad).

Arsenal & Pool battling for fourth (if Arsenal keep injuries at bay I think they'll sneak it).
    Liverpool weren't a one-man team, but losing Suarez is massive. And if he's not replaced by someone of even close to that caliber, I don't see them building the same momentum as last season.

Top Goalscorer - Costa

Relegation
    Burnley
    Leicester
    West Brom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The writing off of City is hilarious. I'm not gonna make any title predictions for fear of jinxing but there are only two teams that have a realistic chance of winning the league currently. I predict that United will not make top 4 though.

The writing off of City is hilarious. I'm not gonna make any title predictions for fear of jinxing but there are only two teams that have a realistic chance of winning the league currently. I predict that United will not make top 4 though.

For sure its between City and Chelsea, I'm just favouring Chelsea at the moment because of the signings they have made. But it wouldn't surprise me if City win it.

They have certainly increased the numbers in their squad, so in that regard I guess they have improved it.

I guess what I was really suggesting is that Chelsea have added Courtois, Fabregas, Costa and Luis Felipe, who will all go straight into the first team and improve Chelsea dramatically.

Will any of those additions City have made go straight into their first team? Mangala perhaps. Will they be significantly stronger, I'm not so sure.

Chelsea favourites for me on the basis of the additions they have made.

Ah ok, so you're not talking about who has the best overall squad but rather who has the best first team?

In that case I'd say it's close between CFC and City, CFC might shade it, depends on Costa and if he's the La Liga version or the World Cup version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

For sure its between City and Chelsea, I'm just favouring Chelsea at the moment because of the signings they have made. But it wouldn't surprise me if City win it.

Felipe Luis and Fabregas are great additions for Chelsea but I can't see Costa being as potent as people think he will... I actually think he will flop hard. It's neck and neck really tbh but Chelsea are in experimental mode still to a degree whereas City just strengthened areas. It'll be a great battle for sure though. I think it's a year too soon for Arsenal yet.

Ah ok, so you're not talking about who has the best overall squad but rather who has the best first team?

In that case I'd say it's close between CFC and City, CFC might shade it, depends on Costa and if he's the La Liga version or the World Cup version.

I don't rule out City either on the basis that if Aguero and Jovetic stay fit, they could be better this season than last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

1 city
    2 Chelsea
    3 united
    4 arsenal
    5spurs
    6 pool
    7 Everton

Player of the year Mata
    Young player Hazard

Too scorer Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

In keeping with the thread...

I support United so they will win the league. Liverpool and City will get relegated or something.

Why do some people think Costa will be a flop,shouldn't the premiership suit his style and Chelsea have brilliant options behind him in support.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why do some people think Costa will be a flop,shouldn't the premiership suit his style and Chelsea have brilliant options behind him in support.

A lot of very good strikers have joined Chelsea over the years, perhaps only Drogba has delivered.

Perhaps thats in the thinking.

I also wonder how Costa will settle at Chelsea. I have a feeling he really wanted to remain at Atletico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Liverpool are surely going to sign a few first XI players so I'm going to sit on the fence until Liverpool and United have finished their business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I can't wait to laugh at this next May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A lot of very good strikers have joined Chelsea over the years, perhaps only Drogba has delivered.

Perhaps thats in the thinking.

I also wonder how Costa will settle at Chelsea. I have a feeling he really wanted to remain at Atletico.

Have they though? I'm not so sure. We have over the hill ex-stars like Shevchenko and Eto'o. Broken players like Torres. Unproven, raw youngsters like Lukaku. Never good enoughs like Kezman and Ba.

Costa is the first striker they have signed in ages that is potentially at the height of his powers. We shall see if he lives up to his billing but considering the talent they have signed everywhere else on the pitch, Costa is the first proper striker they have signed in donkeys years.

Chelsea signed very very well. Left back, attacking mid and a striker.

And Cech will have to be at his best at all tiemes / courtois is class.

Plus, drogba. He's still good enough to score and out muscle the lesser teams.

I still think city will win it though

Chelsea signed very very well. Left back, attacking mid and a striker.

And Cech will have to be at his best at all tiemes / courtois is class.

Plus, drogba. He's still good enough to score and out muscle the lesser teams.

I still think city will win it though

I can't wait to laugh at this next May.

Ah seriously, they'll def finish 5th at worst like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Predictions IMHO, ;)

Top 4: , Man City,Chelsea, Arssenal, Liverpool
    FA Cup: Forest
    League Cup: Spurs
    Champions League: Athletico Madrid
    Europa League: Spurs

Pl top scorers: Aguero, RVP and Sanchez..:D Heres hoping Costa flops and spends more time suspended/injured than playing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Chelsea
    City
    United
    Arsenal
    Pool
    Spurs
    Everton

Between United, arsenal and Liverpool for last 2 champion's league spots. Think Chelsea and city will be closest to the title. Being a spurs fan don't think we've enough for top 4. Only if soldado scores goals and lamela and Eriksen can in some way hit form big time and replace the loss of Bale. And if poch gets them playing well. All very big ifs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Are you new here? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement