Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming tax back for previous years

Options
  • 09-08-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I spent a year on a WHV, arriving in November 2011 and leaving in November 2012. I worked for the full year. I had already claimed my tax back for the financial year 2011 - 2012. Can I still claim tax back for the four extra months I worked after that? i.e. July - November 12?
    If so can I do it through the ATO website or should I go through an agent? Also is there any sort of deadline when it comes to filing a tax return? The ATO website says that returns must be filed by October 31 of that year but for some reason it's stuck in my head that that doesn't matter once you've left the country. Plus all the taxback compannys claim you can still get it for up to 5 years. Could anyone please clarify?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adam.p

Hi! Same situation here – it seems that we have missed the deadline and we cannot apply electronically. I was adivsed to apply with a tax agent to get back my refund so I suggest you can do the same for these 4 moths and for your superannuation refund as well. I already applied with an Irish company that I have found, searching in Google :) So far, everything is going great – can't wait to get my tax refund.

Advertisement