Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season prediction !!!

Options
  • 09-08-2014 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

I love this time of year , can't beat the start of the new season excitement

This summer is nothing like last years thankfully - a few players in and a few players out. I like what has been done so far but up top still worries me big time or will he play lamela off the one front man ?

Without a new striker , I predict we will finish 6th to 8th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Predictions,

Top 4: Chelsea, Man City, Woolwich, Man Utd
    FA Cup: Newcastle
    League Cup: Swansea
    Champions League: Real Madrid
    Europa League: Spurs

I think we'll have a good season and go on to win the Europa. Lamella and Soldado yo get lots of goals in the PL and go on to finish 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Predictions,

Top 4: Chelsea, Man City, Woolwich, Man Utd
    FA Cup: Newcastle
    League Cup: Swansea
    Champions League: Real Madrid

I think we'll have a good season and go on to win the Europa. Lamella and Soldado yo get lots of goals in the PL and go on to finish 6th

Id be delighted if played our own part like that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Predictions IMHO, ;)

Top 4: , Man City,Chelsea, Arsse, Liverpoo
    FA Cup: Forest
    League Cup: Spurs
    Champions League: Athletico Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Full prediction from me

League : Chelsea , city , arse , united
    Fa cup : spurs
    League cup : Chelsea
    Champs league : Real Madrid
    Europa : god knows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

6th and a cup semi-final - Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

6th and a cup semi-final - Yawn

6th wouldn't be so bad. Pochs 1st season and more new signings. I just want to see us improve defensively, press teams and pass much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

6th wouldn't be so bad. Pochs 1st season and more new signings. I just want to see us improve defensively, press teams and pass much better.

Not very exciting though is it ?

I hope we do well under Poch, but it's quite sad that the best we can realistically do is 5th or 6th - we lack serious ambition as a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I hope we do well under Poch, but it's quite sad that the best we can realistically do is 5th or 6th - we lack serious ambition as a club.

It's a little worrying that he seems to be more or less happy with the squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Poch also said yesterday that our squad is too big, he wants to trim it to 25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Can't attract the top players to the lane. Hopefully they wont be a soft touch this season and avoid the couple of hammerings that they suffered last season.
    Can't see them winning the Europa league as the teams that drop out of CL will be too strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Full prediction list

League Champions: Spurs.
    Fa cup : spurs
    League cup : Spurs.
    Champs league : Don't care
    Europa : spurs

See easy. I win. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Final position. .. 8th or 9th.

Think we will see a similar season to 2 or 3 years ago. I.e. play lots of good attacking football, dominate games and possession and create tonnes of chances but lack a cutting edge. I expect we will pick up a couple of promising wins/draws against the big 5 and come undone against a few of the weaker teams too. A typical Spurs season really.

Doubt we will win any cups. We might be involved in the latter stages of all of them but ultimately end up with little to show for it.

Top goalscorer: Ade.. With about 12-14 EPL goal. 10 of which will come in 12 games and he'll do f**k all in the other 20 matches.

Standout player. Erickson again. Followed closely by Lloris (again).

Letdown player. Dawson if he plays more than 10 games. Paulinho unless there's a massive change in attitude. Not suited to Pocchy's style at all. Davies to be a letdown too. Slight improvement on Rose.

Break through/most improved. Can't see anyone coming through the ranks having a massive impact. Kane might grab a dozen goals in the cups if he is used. Other then that I'm hope Potch can utilise Capoue better than AVB did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

1st Chelsea at a stroll Jose and some good signings it wouldn't surprise me if they won a number of cups
    2nd Utd they'll surprise everyone this year.
    3rd City they'll be off the pace by 9/12 points come May.
    4th Arsenal again but might get pushed by Everton/us.
    5th/6th coin flip between us and Everton.
    7th Liverpool, they just had one of those years last year that it all went right and they caught a couple of teams in transition. Suarez simply won't be replaced and Gerrard I think after that slip and dodgy WC might begin a bit of a downward spiral.

CL: Real but maybe Chelsea
    League Cup: Some mid table team (I include us in that)
    Europa: Don't think we'll get to a semi. Always decent teams by the end.
    Fa: United

Top scorer: RVP
    Spurs top scorer: Soldado, simply because he can't be another Rebrov. All that talent doesn't just fly away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

A man of few words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

1st

optimist

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

5th or 6th, but a good 10-15 points or so behind 4th. We'll have a good season overall, where we are solid for the most part, with one or two bad loses to the top 4 and a few games thrown away against lower teams.

So pretty much what we've come to expect over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

For me

1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Arsenal
    4. Spurs
    5. Man U
    6. Liverpool

We will come close in EL too

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Arsenal
    4. Man U
    5. Liverpool
    6. Spurs

I don't think there will be much between 4-6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

A lot of pessimism (or realism) around here these days.

To be honest, I think the Top 7 will be really tight and hard to call.

Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Liverool, Everton and us will all be in with a chance.

The only thing I can call is that Chelsea will win the title. Mourinho will have them hard to beat as usual, plus Fabregas will give them the extra bit of creativity in midfield that they lacked last season.

I think anyone, including us, will be anywhere from 2nd to 7th.

City are feeling the effects of FFFP. Arsenal have a poor defence, again. United have LVG but still have a poor defence. Liverpool haven't exactly replaced the 30 or so goals Suarez gave them last season. Everton haven't particularly strengthened.

While last season we had a good squad lacking motivation, consistency and confidence. If Poch can bring those three things to the table he will be the signing of the Summer. There's no reason at all why we can't firmly compete for a Top 4 finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Our best chance of CL is winning the Europa, after that what does it matter as long as we improve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Everyone has us wrote off so for that reason I think top 3.

Lamela to score more than Suarez did last season and for Spurs to be called a one man team again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

It would be a sad world if you couldn't have a bit of old fashioned optimism now before a ball is even kicked.

Spurs used to do optimism better than any other group of fans but even that has been beaten out of us over the last 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mushykeogh wrote: »
    4th.

I agree, we will buy a striker and another centre back and finish in the top four. I couldn't look forward to the season accepting that we wont finish in top four, even before a ball is kicked. I expect a lot of improvement from our squad after the disaster of last season, and input of Poch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd be happy enough if we finish top 6, play entertaining, attacking football, and don't roll over against the big teams. I reckon if we play football and don't give up, we'll be at least in with a chance of top 4, although I think there are 4 teams with a better chance.

I'd prefer us to either win the Europa or go out in the qualifying round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

6th or 7th and hopefully some good attacking football without being the laughing stock of the Premier league again. That is all I want, no great expectations here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    6th or 7th and hopefully some good attacking football without being the laughing stock of the Premier league again. That is all I want, no great expectations here.

Agree. Lets give this manager some proper time. Give him 18 months to try and build the team he wants. 6th and a cup final hopefully and some good football, and please no hidings like citeh and liverpool again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Fighting for for 4/5/6 with the goons and Liverpool. (City, Chelsea and Manu being the top3).
    Hopefully we'll show a bit of fight and be hard to beat. Oh and a trophy wouldn;t go amiss either! No pressure Poch :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I believe we will sign a striker in this window, although nothing is for sure. If we dont sign a striker who is going to be Poch's mumber one striker?

Advertisement