Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season prediction !!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

12th

Cool story bro:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    Cool story bro:rolleyes:

Means arsenal will finish 11th as theyre inclined to finish 1 point ahead of us these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pochettino is gonna have to decide soon what he's preferred back four will be. Doesn't seem to matter who starts, no one has looked believable. Great draw though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

A positive article... http://www.kickoff.co.uk/27048/why-tottenham-hotspur-could-soon-be-surging-up-the-epl-table/?

Opening line:
    The players at White Hart Lane are still getting used to life under Mauricio Pochettino, but the early signs are certainly encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thought I'd unearth this thread for a bit of fun as the season draws (limps) to an end
    Final position. .. 8th or 9th.

On course for 7th or lower

Think we will see a similar season to 2 or 3 years ago. I.e. play lots of good attacking football, dominate games and possession and create tonnes of chances but lack a cutting edge. I expect we will pick up a couple of promising wins/draws against the big 5 and come undone against a few of the weaker teams too. A typical Spurs season really.

Close enough.
    Memorable results vs Chelsea and arsenal and terrible results against a couple of so called weaker teams

Can't say we 'dominated' any team this season at any stage though

Doubt we will win any cups. We might be involved in the latter stages of all of them but ultimately end up with little to show for it.

On the money

Top goalscorer: Ade.. With about 12-14 EPL goal. 10 of which will come in 12 games and he'll do f**k all in the other 20 matches.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Thankfully!

Standout player. Erickson again. Followed closely by Lloris (again).

Eriksen has been a total flop. The talent is there but the motivation isn't. He'll do well at another club.

Letdown player. Dawson if he plays more than 10 games. Paulinho unless there's a massive change in attitude. Not suited to Pocchy's style at all. Davies to be a letdown too. Slight improvement on Rose.

Close enough.

Break through/most improved. Can't see anyone coming through the ranks having a massive impact. Kane might grab a dozen goals in the cups if he is used. Other then that I'm hope Potch can utilise Capoue better than AVB did.

Think he did get about a dozen goals in the various cups!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I agree, we will buy a striker and another centre back and finish in the top four. I couldn't look forward to the season accepting that we wont finish in top four, even before a ball is kicked. I expect a lot of improvement from our squad after the disaster of last season, and input of Poch.

Top four ses he.

I'm gonna call it right now, paulinho is gonna be an absolute champ for us this season....have no idea how poch will use him, or where his ability will come from but somehow he'll be great

This gave me a right ole' chuckle rereading this.

To be fair. The majority predicted 5th- 6th with an outside chance of 4th which is pretty accurate

Advertisement