Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

01 Area Broadband Availibility

Options
  • 09-08-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hi

posted here before on the same issue. Someone asked me to PM my details but I never heard anything back.

I live in rural but well populated area. I am 25-30km from both Dublin city and airport so my house isn't in a remote area.

I have lived here for 5 years and am still unable to get fixed line broadband services. Every year I hear ads about improving services/speeds but nothing seems to change.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we cant get fixed line broadband.

Is there anything I can do as an eircom customer and an individual to try and escalate this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi

posted here before on the same issue. Someone asked me to PM my details but I never heard anything back.

I live in rural but well populated area. I am 25-30km from both Dublin city and airport so my house isn't in a remote area.

I have lived here for 5 years and am still unable to get fixed line broadband services. Every year I hear ads about improving services/speeds but nothing seems to change.  

For the life of me I cannot understand why we cant get fixed line broadband.

Is there anything I can do as an eircom customer and an individual to try and escalate this?

Thanks

Hi mr_edge_to_you
    I have searched but cannot find a PM from you. Could you PM us again and we can look into this for you. I cannot promise that we can alter what has been advised in the past but maybe we can shed some light on this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hi Tony

Passed on those details again. Appreciate the prompt response.

Kind Regards
    Mr E.

Hi Tony

Passed on those details again. Appreciate the prompt response.

Kind Regards
    Mr E.
    Hi mr_edge_to_you
    I did not receive that PM either?? Not sure what happening there.  Try PMing me here
    This should work.
    Tony

Hi mr_edge_to_you
    I did not receive that PM either?? Not sure what happening there.  Try PMing me here
    This should work.
    Tony

Done.

Thanks,

I'll get back to you soon.

Tony

• Advertisement

Thanks,

Tony

hi Tony

any update on this?

Thanks.

Thanks,

Tony

hi Tony

any update on this?

Thanks.
    Hi [font=Calibri","sans-serif]
    We will have this info on Thursday . Apologies for delay..
    Tony
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Common misconception here. ADSL2+ maxes out at 5KM, so in terms of broadband 30KM is huuuge. The 01 area is massive now and being in it is no guarantee of service. North of the airport and west of swords is full of one off dispersed developments rather than clustered villages so covering the area is difficult. 

Hi

Any update on this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

Any update on this?

Thanks

Hi mr_edge_to_you

We have had this looked in to in detail and have been in contact with broadband operations. I can confirm that you can indeed order broadband however the max speed your line will be able to hold is (up to) 1MB . Unfortunately until the service is operative we will be unable to offer a further indication of what speeds to expect although from what we can see at this stage it seems like your average download speeds could be around 0.5MB.

The reason for this is because of the distance of your line to the Rathoath exchange and I'm sorry to say that there will be no resolution in sight where eircom will be able to offer you faster speeds.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement