Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Boys Names

Options
  • 09-08-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

As the title says I'm looking for baby boy name suggestions. Husband and I are really struggling to come up with a name we agree on. This is our 3rd (we have a boy & girl). We would like something unusual but not way out there.

Help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

alde wrote: »
    As the title says I'm looking for baby boy name suggestions. Husband and I are really struggling to come up with a name we agree on. This is our 3rd (we have a boy & girl). We would like something unusual but not way out there.

Help!!!!
    Can you let us know what sort of thing s you've discussed and eliminated or names you kind of like/ones you hate.What are your two kids called?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Devon & Eelin are our two kids names.
    HB loves the name Derry but I don't really like it.

Suggested names were Oscar, Jude, Finley & Harrison. We dont want a name that when he goes to school there is 3 or 4 in the class.

Hoping someone throws something in that catches both our eyes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Deacon
    Jameson
    Ashton
    Conan
    Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Alfie
    Dean
    Remi / Remy
    Emerson

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

My boys are Arron & Alfie.

Jensen
    Hunter
    Blake
    Logan
    Mason
    Brayden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I saw this thread and thought I'd post to help
    I have an unusual name myself as does my brother
    Derlin is very unusual but is it too similar to Eelin?
    Carter
    Chase
    Dalton
    Elliot
    Tudor
    Jared

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Call him President or Doctor... He'll command respect...

Always liked "Cooper", "Truman" or "Deacon" (unless your surname is "Blue")

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

What about hugh or hugo? Loving alfie too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

What about hugh or hugo? Loving alfie too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

we named our little fella sam :) 8weeks today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Thanks ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

My boys are Arron & Alfie.

Jensen
    Hunter
    Blake
    Logan
    Mason
    Brayden

Having a girl, but I love Hunter and I know a Mason, it suits him perfectly. Alfie is very cute!

My boy names were:
    Hunter
    Leon
    Theodore (Teddy)
    Dylan

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

I love Thady

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think Sam,Leon and Dylan are the only one of those that I like but my son was nameless for about 2 weeks:)

I love Cillian my husband objected,he likes Caolán I objected but I won with the girls names:)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

alde wrote: »
    Devon & Eelin are our two kids names.
    HB loves the name Derry but I don't really like it.

Suggested names were Oscar, Jude, Finley & Harrison. We dont want a name that when he goes to school there is 3 or 4 in the class.

Hoping someone throws something in that catches both our eyes!!

I work with kids and Oscar is getting more popular and I think it's creeping up the top 100 list. I really like Jude. What about Reuben, Rufus, Eric?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Roselm wrote: »
    I work with kids and Oscar is getting more popular and I think it's creeping up the top 100 list. I really like Jude. What about Reuben, Rufus, Eric?

Never thought of Reuben before! But it's fab. Might be a runner if we have another boy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Reuben i'm iffy about. I know two little Reubens, and they are dotes, but to me it is always a sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    Reuben i'm iffy about. I know two little Reubens, and they are dotes, but to me it is always a sandwich!

Rofl... My OHs favourite sambo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    I love Thady

I'd just be thinking that someone would say, "Ah what a lovely baby, what name did you choose?" (subtext being - "Eeek - I'm not sure if it's a boy or a girl, maybe the name will tell me!") and you'd say "Thady" and they'd think you were saying Sadie with a lisp. :o Because that's what the name sounds like to me! Sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Me too, I had someone I barely knew introduce me to a Thady once. I didn't know if it was a lisp of a name. It was very awkward. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Whispered wrote: »
    Me too, I had someone I barely knew introduce me to a Thady once. I didn't know if it was a lisp of a name. It was very awkward. :o

It's a very old-man Irish name afaik, often pronounced 'Taydy' as opposed to the standard 'TH' sound.

Still love it :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Xshannymcx

I love the Name Ethan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Some lovely names mentioned already! A few of my favourites are considered 'out there'.

Rowan
    Elliott
    Jasper
    Noah
    Zachary
    Seth
    Fletcher
    Nathaniel
    Arthur
    Preston
    Emmett
    Caspian
    Harvey
    Cody
    Caleb

Hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

I have loads of girls names but find boys names very difficult. But I like Finlay. Though that might get shortened to Finn, I like that too though. I like Dylan also. My husband loves Logan but that's probably because of Wolverine! :D

Advertisement