Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering the baby?

Options
  • 09-08-2014 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Hi, we had our baby on Thursday and we're going home today. We had him in holles st and they said they don't give out the forms for the birth certificate and registration so he can get his PPSN and child benefit etc, anyone any idea how we go about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

The registration office is in Joyce House, Lombard St East. All the details are on the HSE website. You need to do it within three months of the birth. The cost of the birth cert is €20. You'll need ID and PPS numbers. If you're unmarried, both parents need to be there to register the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

The registration office is in Joyce House, Lombard St East. All the details are on the HSE website. You need to do it within three months of the birth. The cost of the birth cert is €20. You'll need ID and PPS numbers. If you're unmarried, both parents need to be there to register the baby.

Thanks!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

In the coombe they asked is to wait for about 3-4 weeks as they do part of the registering there (date of birth, baby's name, parents name and address) and the wait was to make sure that information was processed first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

yes, we were told to ring the office we wanted to register in, and ask them to check hes in the system already. It can take a few weeks for the hospital details to appear on the system apparently.

Then it was just a case of calling in when we were free

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

You can register the child in Cork University Maternity Hospital before you leave. The parents need photo ID. Otherwise you can do it within 3 months in a registry office. (this was the rule in 2013)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Moonbeam wrote: »

In Galway, it's slightly handier, the registrar has an office in the maternity unit, and you can register their before you are discharged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I wouldn't like to do it in the hospital, just in case we'd end up having second thoughts about the name! :o That happened my mum with two of her children, she gave them names at birth but then decided a few days later that the names didn't suit them, and picked new ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I wouldn't like to do it in the hospital, just in case we'd end up having second thoughts about the name! :o That happened my mum with two of her children, she gave them names at birth but then decided a few days later that the names didn't suit them, and picked new ones!

You can still change them after they are registered, by deed-poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's usually 14 days (10 working days) before the details are in the system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

3 months? Ah that's lovely!
    Over here, you have 3 days to register, I wasn't even out of hospital, my partner had to do all the paperwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I was told in Cavan that I had to fill out the form and an appointment to register would be sent out to us? Did I get told wrong? We really need her birth cert for a few things and she's three weeks old today!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Give the registration place in Cavan a ring and see if they have your details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

January wrote: »
    It's usually 14 days (10 working days) before the details are in the system.

Yeah I was lucky enough to get them to answer and they said ring back tomorrow (Friday) and he should be in their system

Advertisement