Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving cert 2015

• 09-08-2014 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

hi guys i was wondering if any one on this is repeating the leaving certificate for 2015...... i know we still haven't got our offers but i know i wont get the course I want :(
    is anyone thinking of repeating the leaving cert???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PashaMasha

hi guys i was wondering if any one on this is repeating the leaving certificate for 2015...... i know we still haven't got our offers but i know i wont get the course I want :(
    is anyone thinking of repeating the leaving cert???

Don't just assume that you won't get your course because you felt you did poor. For all you know other people had a difficult time in their exams and marking schemes will be changed according to initial results. From my LC results I realised that the exams I thought I did decent in were results-wise not as good as the exams that I thought I did poorly in. Don't even worry about repeating until you get your results, there's always a chance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No need for this thread until after the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I repeated and felt it was the right decision at the time. A year later and I realise now there were so many other options available to me. PLC's are not to be frowned upon nor are Arts degrees.

If you feel you have to repeat, go for it but realise that it can be a long year and there are other options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I agree with the above poster. I didn't get my first choice and went a did a PLC, after doing it I've realised I didn't even want my first choice and am hoping to get a different course in round 1 of the CAO offers. Wait until you get your results to decide anything, and research all of your options thoroughly. Good luck!

Advertisement