Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friendliest city?

Options
  • 09-08-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Dublin voted 5th friendliest city in the world by the "conde nast traveller" travel book,
    Do you agree?..on a previous page of the paper it showed a female been assaultedt on a bus by a stranger..ironic or what!!:confused:;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

What are the 4 friendlier cities?

Any visitors I've had over here have all said the people are really friendly, so based on that I might even agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Dublin is friendly, it's easy to get around, walkable and people are welcoming. There's plenty of social issues of course but they stand out for insiders more than for visitors. What we call no go areas are very tame by other cities' standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

8 of the 10 friendliest are English speaking. Thankfully there's no cultural bias there.

Friendliest cities in the world
    1. Auckland, New Zealand(tie)
    1. Melbourne, Australia (tie)
    3. Victoria, Canada
    4. Charleston, South Carolina
    5. Dublin, Ireland (tie)
    5. Sydney, Australia (tie)
    7. Siem Reap, Cambodia
    8 Cape Town, South Africa
    9. Savannah, Georgia (tie)
    9. Seville, Spain (tie)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

People zone in on the bad, I think it is a very friendly city, where there's bad there's good, what about the couple who looked after the American guy who was mugged after saving a man in the liffey? , They looked after him for the night and brought him out that evening, The good outweighs the bad, I'm sick of people constantly putting down the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I'm sick of people constantly putting down the city.

Irish people are masochists. Even in the face of statistics that say otherwise, they will insist their country and cities are terrible, awful places to live.

Even a few weeks ago when Ireland was voted the most "good" country in the world the company that published the study received complaints from Irish people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement