Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat isn't eating as usual

• 09-08-2014 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

10 month old female spayed cat. Has a double sided dish with whisksas dry food in one part and Aldi wet cat food (pouch) in the other.

For the last few days she had only been eating the dry food and no wet food whatsoever. Just wondering if this is normal. She has access to water which is changed daily and she seems happy out otherwise. She caught a mouse the other day which I took from her and dumped (herself isn't fan of trophy mice in the bedroom at 5am).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Might be the weather. It might also be the fact you're trying to overfeed her! You should give her only wet or dry food, never both. Cats are fussy enough and don't like to see a lot of food on the plate.

She's eating and drinking. I think she's fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Maybe she's just bored with or doesn't like the wet food. They can go through phases with food that they love one day and won't touch the next. So long as she's eating something she's probably fine. Perhaps try a different brand of wet food and see if she'll eat that. I'm not a big fan of gifted rodents in the house either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

As long as her behaviour hasn't changed (no apathy, lieing about, unresponsiveness), and she is still eating something I wouldn't worry. As others have said, cats are fickle in what they eat and you probably had a good run with the ALdi pouches. Ours go through phases, for a week one wet foot is the bestest food ever and the next week they make it look like utter garbage. Just rotate a few different pouches.

Advertisement