Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do I have a right to be annoyed?

Options
  • 09-08-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi rang my usual taxi company and taxi arrived and when I walked towards the taxi driving started shouting at me to come on and had no taxi plate up and was just very rude asking why wouldn't I chat to him and when I replied I just wasn't in the mood he replied "oh la dI da" should I complain him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sounds like a dick. Next time you call, make sure to ask for anyone but that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Report him for no plate. See how smug he is then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Report him for no plate. See how smug he is then

Does he need a plate? He was booked through a cab company so could be a hackney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Sounds like a dick, as said already - next time you ring that company explain why you don't want him to be sent out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Beano wrote: »
    Does he need a plate? He was booked through a cab company so could be a hackney.

I didn't think hackneys were still a thing. Thought all needed plates and stickers. Shows you what I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I didn't think hackneys were still a thing. Thought all needed plates and stickers. Shows you what I know.

Depends on what the OP means by a 'plate', he may be referring to a taxi roof sign which a hackney would not have.

Hackneys are very much still around. In London a taxi is the classic black cab and a hackney is a regular car. In Dublin a taxi is any small PSV with a roof sign, hackneys are mainly 'limo' cars so you're talking Merc 'E' class and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I'd have stood there, whipped out the ol smart phone, hailo'd another cab, got in it, phoned the regular crowd and told them what I'd done and why I'd done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

I reported him to his company they were very apologetic about it and said they will talk to him and never send him again but don't think I be using that company from now on just my luck lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I reported him to his company they were very apologetic about it and said they will talk to him and never send him again but don't think I be using that company from now on just my luck lol

If you stop using a company over one mistake you never give them an opportunity to provide service to make up for the short comings. While a the level of basic service for everyone should be good, loyal customers should always get a bit extra.

Advertisement