Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailor in Paris

• 09-08-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello there, i am looking for someone to make a suit for me, i was looking at louis copeland and i am searching for other options, i am going to france on a short holiday, i have maybe 800 euro to spend on the suit excluding the tie,shirt, shoes. I know that france is probably the most expensive place but i just want to know if anyone knows any cheap tailors there, if anyone can recommend a tailor even in ireland that would be great, if you want to see the suit i want just google "skyfall grey suit", keep the smart comment to a minimum guys ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

vctrburk wrote: »
    Hello there, i am looking for someone to make a suit for me, i was looking at louis copeland and i am searching for other options, i am going to france on a short holiday, i have maybe 800 euro to spend on the suit excluding the tie,shirt, shoes. I know that france is probably the most expensive place but i just want to know if anyone knows any cheap tailors there, if anyone can recommend a tailor even in ireland that would be great, if you want to see the suit i want just google "skyfall grey suit", keep the smart comment to a minimum guys ;)

Tailor wise I can't recommended anyone as I don't know any. But do you really think its a good idea your holidays going to need to be long enough. You'll have to go have measurements taken, pick fabrics and linings and everything then they'll make the suit then your back try it on and suit goes back for more alterations and then you have your final fitting. This will take a few weeks at least. Secondly do you have fluent French? because I know I wouldn't want a suit made by someone who I can't communicate with fully.

Also are you looking for a made to measure or a bespoke suit and do you want a shirt made as well? This will help people recommended tailors.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 vctrburk

Tailor wise I can't recommended anyone as I don't know any. But do you really think its a good idea your holidays going to need to be long enough. You'll have to go have measurements taken, pick fabrics and linings and everything then they'll make the suit then your back try it on and suit goes back for more alterations and then you have your final fitting. This will take a few weeks at least. Secondly do you have fluent French? because I know I wouldn't want a suit made by someone who I can't communicate with fully.

Also are you looking for a made to measure or a bespoke suit and do you want a shirt made as well? This will help people recommended tailors.

It will be a bespoke as the suit he is wearing is a tom ford and they are wayyy to expensive, i also think you made an extremely valid point and i did not think about the language barrier, anyone else with any opinions

It will be a bespoke as the suit he is wearing is a tom ford and they are wayyy to expensive, i also think you made an extremely valid point and i did not think about the language barrier, anyone else with any opinions

Your budget doesn't cover a fully bespoke suit. They also take about 6 weeks to make and take at least 5 fittings so you most definitely won't be getting it made in Paris.

Your budget doesn't cover a fully bespoke suit. They also take about 6 weeks to make and take at least 5 fittings so you most definitely won't be getting it made in Paris.

Thanks a million for all the advice, any idea of the cost of a bespoke suit similar to the one i want

Thanks a million for all the advice, any idea of the cost of a bespoke suit similar to the one i want

Your up into a good few grand now depending on what materials you want and other details.

You may be able to get a made to measure suit in the style you want as its a pretty basic style. I'd advise going into Louis Copland and ask asking if they could do you a made to measure suit in the style bring a picture in with you. They should be able to tell you there and then if they can and you should be able to get one inside your budget.

• Advertisement

Your up into a good few grand now depending on what materials you want and other details.

You may be able to get a made to measure suit in the style you want as its a pretty basic style. I'd advise going into Louis Copland and ask asking if they could do you a made to measure suit in the style bring a picture in with you. They should be able to tell you there and then if they can and you should be able to get one inside your budget.

I reckon that is what i will do so, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jasnah

You won't get bespoke at that price in Paris. You can get fairly good made-to-measure for that price from some good names. Julien Scavini springs to mind as he's got a fairly well-reputed blog and seems to be up and coming. Michael Ohnona is the really big name, and it'd be possible to get something with him if you upped your budget a bit (I see made-to-measure suits starting at 950 depending on the fabric chosen on his site).

As others have said, the number of measurings and your fluency in French may be issues when it comes to getting a suit done in Paris.

Jasnah wrote: »
    You won't get bespoke at that price in Paris. You can get fairly good made-to-measure for that price from some good names. Julien Scavini springs to mind as he's got a fairly well-reputed blog and seems to be up and coming. Michael Ohnona is the really big name, and it'd be possible to get something with him if you upped your budget a bit (I see made-to-measure suits starting at 950 depending on the fabric chosen on his site).

As others have said, the number of measurings and your fluency in French may be issues when it comes to getting a suit done in Paris.

Thanks a million for the info

Advertisement