Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus route - Blackrock Clinic to Busáras-

Options
  • 09-08-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone I need a local to help me out with a bit of info. Im going to Blackrock Clinic and ive figured out a route and what buses to take but I cant seem to find out what bus to take to get back to Busáras. Do i just wait at the bus stop outside the clinic for one to the station again or do i find another bus stop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

The 7 will drop you off on O'Connell St just up from the GPO, don't think it has a stop closer, would involve a 5-10 min walk to Busaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭realgirl

Another option would be to walk 10 mins approx to either Blackrock or Booterstown train stations and get the dart to Tara St. Busarus is 5 mins walk approx from there. Might be quicker, especially if the traffic is heavy at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CelticScorp

Thank you guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum X min walk".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

realgirl wrote: »
    Another option would be to walk 10 mins approx to either Blackrock or Booterstown train stations and get the dart to Tara St. Busarus is 5 mins walk approx from there. Might be quicker, especially if the traffic is heavy at the time.

You'd probably walk 15 mins to get to Booterstown station, Blackrock would be further down the line. If getting the DART, surely Connolly would be closer to Busaras than Tara St?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Marcusm wrote: »
    You'd probably walk 15 mins to get to Booterstown station, Blackrock would be further down the line. If getting the DART, surely Connolly would be closer to Busaras than Tara St?

When you take into account the time from Tara to Connolly plus the very long walk from the DART platforms back to the entrance to Connolly it's usually quicker to get off in Tara counter-intuitive though that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭realgirl

Marcusm wrote: »
    Well everyone walks at different speeds... the times in my post are from a maps app which is generally spot on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

When you take into account the time from Tara to Connolly plus the very long walk from the DART platforms back to the entrance to Connolly it's usually quicker to get off in Tara counter-intuitive though that is.

The Dart doesn't take long to get to Connolly. Just a couple of minutes. The walk from the Dart platform to the Connolly exit isn't that long either. You do have go down the tunnel to cross over the tracks & and walk past the intercity platform, but I certainly wouldn't call it a "very long" walk. You'd do it in in a couple of minutes easy.

Advertisement