Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tooth care -

• 09-08-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a bottle of Dentagen which is an additive to water which is supposed to help keep your dogs teeth in a presentable state.

Am about half way down the bottle, with five dogs it wont last long. Only using for about a week so too early to give a real opinion on it .

Before I get another bottle or bottles has anyone else had any experience of the product and would they recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Raw bones! ;)
    Or if you want to buy something Logic gel is very good. Bailey has an infection in his gum/jaw atm and the vet gave me Hexarinse yesterday to squeeze into his jaw flap so it sloshes around. She was saying that they use it for dogs say with heart conditions who can't be put under to have their teeth cleaned and uses it herself on one of her own dogs. I think it smells lovely lol! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

I have got chicken wings, frozen them and then defrosted them and handed them out. But one of the dogs doesn't like them.

I have also got large bones from the butcher, roasted them for a bit and frozen them and handed them out - I know I will be roasted myself for letting them have cooked bones. I let them have these bones until they walk away from them, about an 1 hour later, and then collected the remains and chucked them.

have to say the 1 hour the dogs had eating the roasted bones was one of the best views of contented dogs I have ever seen.

But I cant do either of these things when I have a foster as I need to monitor the dogs when there is food about and a new dog just adds volatility that I don't need.

Advertisement