Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Assistant Internship

Options
  • 09-08-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all :)

Can anyone tell me how to go about this?! Currently I am unemployed and will be eligible to do an internship around September. I have been asked by a friend who will be going to college in September if I would be their personal assistant due to an injury they have incurred. How do I go about getting this internship as a PA when the college doesn't actually take on interns as part of jobbridge?! The red tape is unreal!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hi all :)

Can anyone tell me how to go about this?! Currently I am unemployed and will be eligible to do an internship around September. I have been asked by a friend who will be going to college in September if I would be their personal assistant due to an injury they have incurred. How do I go about getting this internship as a PA when the college doesn't actually take on interns as part of jobbridge?! The red tape is unreal!
    won't work
    should but won't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

You can't claim social welfare if you're working full time in an unpaid internship. Perhaps you could do it part-time while working at something else. Seems a little unfair that if they can't use the job bridge scheme they're still wanting to take on free labour.

Advertisement