Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acca

Options
  • 10-08-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone failed the f6 paper 3 times how does one get through this worked so hard felt had good script got in forty's what should I do at this point or am I just stupid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

is F6 the old 2.6 i.e. Audit ?
    I failed that twice, 1st time when I walked out of the exam hall - I thought if I fail, everyone will fail, guess what ? I failed but everyone else passed! I got 46 1st time, 38 the 2nd time but managed to pass it the 3rd time. I know a friend who failed it three times but passed it 4th time.
    You are not stupid for sure as you got in to 40s. What I learnt was that you have to use the audit terms like true/fair view etc as much as you can and you have to state the obvious. You are almost there and will get it the next time.

I have failed 1.2 twice on 49 and 47!".

I know its head wrecking to go thru the same notes again n again but keep up the good work and try forgetting the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fastrak

Thanks so much that someone came back to me it helps to keep me going and motivated one last question do you think should I re sit lectures or do it my self not sure do I need to do to get it next time

You are welcome.

I sat in the classes 1st time, did it on my own the 2nd time. The 3rd time I took the revision classes only. The revision classes were over 2/3 days and it helped to refresh everything.

in my opinion, revision classes can help you as its quite close to the exam time and lecturer can give few tips etc which you would have forgotten by then. They can also go thru recent articles etc. Try making your own notes too, this is the exam with the lowest pass rate so don't be too disappointed. Once you are in 40s, you have the knowledge and you need to work on your exam technique. Hope i don't sound like a lecturer :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fastrak

Ah god u dont u have been so helpful I am turning 40 years old next year just panicking that I will be to old qualifying

Thanks so much

"Once you are in 40s" - I was referring to your marks, not your age :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement