Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kinvara?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I recently moved to just outside Kinvara- Crushoa area, looking to change internet providers as we are currently using a 3g Mi-fi thingy and the speed APPALLING!!
    have been researching options- not keen to get a land line based service as re-connection of the line would cost a fortune.
    the two providers I have been leaning towards are Lightnet and Airwire- but from looking at past threads here on boards there seems to be pretty mixed reviews of both :/

So if you use either lightnet or airwire in Kinvara I would love to know how you have found the service before I decide on which provider to go with :)
    We are reasonably heavy internet users- streaming, skype etc so decent speed and reliability is very important.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

My girlfriends parents have airwire. Not sure how much they pay but they're getting something like 2-3mbs download. It seems fairly reliable bar one christmas when it was down for 2weeks. There data centre is in town and is well serviced. The connection wouldnt be great for heavy usage in terms of streaming movies/content but would be fine for skype. I can test it properly next weekend and let you know if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Find someone in your immediate area with either of those services before committing. We had Airwire before (not in Kinvara, in Oranmore) and it was like being back in 1993. On a good day my ping in games would be 800ms, and downloading was not possible apart from after midnight. Even youtube barely worked until that point. It was the worst service I've ever used in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

I've been an airwire customer for 4-5 yrs now in Kinvara. Speed about 2mbps, not great for streaming but grand for surfing, Skype etc. Service has always been very good, tech support and back up very good. Very little down time (practically none) except after major storms if the masts/transmitters have been knoked out, but I've never been without service for more than a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Cheers for the replies- will do my best to find out what the neighbors are using and how they find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Im in the village and have Vodafone, works just fine for browsing and ok for streaming.
    The basic package I think, 15M I think but I measured it more like 3-5M.

• Advertisement
Advertisement