Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I phone 5c battery life

• 10-08-2014 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Sincerest apologies if this is in the wrong thread.
    I had a long and loyal I phone 4s and through work changed to the i phone 5c.
    The phone is terrible, the battery life is horrendous and the only plus point I have is it's the
    same connector as my I pad Air.

I went out for 5 hours to meet friends for example charged to 100% it was dead in 4 hours and I made a 2 minute call and checked some texts. I seem to have to have 4g on all the time to get network access and the house wifi eats the battery life it's dropped no word of a lie 28% in 24 odd minutes.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or need to change something .
    This is a nightmare of a phone and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SAMsonitelink

Just to add the 6w charger that came in the box takes 15 hours to charge to full . Hence I use the 12w iPad charger which takes roughly 50 minutes from flat. Did i wreck the battery by charging it from new with the higher wattage charger just a theory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I would make a backup on iCloud and restore as a new phone in iTunes. Make sure contacts and whatever else you need is turned on in iCloud before backing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

The wattage, i.e. current supply capability, of the charger is irrelevant as long as it is the correct voltage and has sufficient wattage to do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

guil wrote: »
    I would make a backup on iCloud and restore as a new phone in iTunes. Make sure contacts and whatever else you need is turned on in iCloud before backing up.

This and do a simple reset first (also close all apps), to reset hold home+sleep button together until phone switches off. I doubt the reset will fix the problem but is worth a try. The restore could fix it. After you restore do not put your backed up data on the phone and set it up as new. If the problem is gone you can put your backup on the phone. If it's not call apple and get a new one sent out (do not bring it back to your network provider if you got it from them). I recently had my iPhone 5s replaced for this problem, it's not supposed to discharge this quick. I also use iPad and iPhone charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I have no problems with the 5c battery my 4s was worse for battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement