Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crackling

• 10-08-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi!
    I've picked up a small leg of pork joint that has the all important skin on so hoping for some crackling. Does anyone have some fool proof method of getting really crispy crackling? I have it scored and salted.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

All I do is score and salt too.
    Sometimes it helps to remove the skin and grill it (keeping a close eye on it) while your joint is resting so it bubbles up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are you cooking it today ? I try and leave the pork uncovered in the fridge overnight to dry out a bit...
    And I normally start it in a very hot oven for 20 mins and then turn it right down (some do the opposite,cooking low and slow and finishing on high heat)
    Just alow plenty of time ,usually works best...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Pork cooked and cracking was amazing. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Pork cooked and cracking was amazing. Thanks all!

What did you do?

Advertisement