Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not directing to past read post

Options
  • 10-08-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a new computer. I keep getting directed to the first post, in a thread, rather than the last read post. I tried deleting cookies.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Try dif Browser.

Just to rule that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Tried that. Strangely it works ok with email redirects like this one.

restart browser with addons disabled. Probably one of them.

Nope. Just tried that.

Discodog wrote: »
    I just got a new computer.
    I'm stumped so. Few of us are missing youtube buttons, I've tried few things but no joy, gonna take a fresh install at some stage to fix, not bothered, but you're on a new system already.

Boards Bugs? I don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4 unto 3298 oheff

Deleting cookies? That's the last thing you should do...

Deleting cookies? That's the last thing you should do...

I only deleted the cookies to try & stop it going to the wrong page. I currently have 19 Boards.ie cookies. They are not being deleted now. I have also tried posting in a thread & when I return, I still get directed to the first post.

The only way of getting back to the last read post is via an email notification.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I presume that you are clicking in the little blue arrow button to take you to last unread post and not just clicking on the thread link?

(I like to rule out the most obvious answers first!)

I presume that you are clicking in the little blue arrow button to take you to last unread post and not just clicking on the thread link?

(I like to rule out the most obvious answers first!)

Yes.

It appears to be ok now. I reinstalled the browser.

Ok. Odd but glad it is now working again.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It has never redirected me to the last read post on the full site in all my years using boards, only on the touch site. Using chrome these days but was the same when I used Firefox.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It has never redirected me to the last read post on the full site in all my years using boards, only on the touch site. Using chrome these days but was the same when I used Firefox.

Are you telling me that these buttons have never worked for you on Chrome OR on Firefox on the desktop site?? That's an odd one.

318376.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are you telling me that these buttons have never worked for you on Chrome OR on Firefox on the desktop site?? That's an odd one.

318376.jpg

I've never noticed those before, I assumed you meant the other blue arrow which is the one I always click. I'll just crawl into a hole now :o

Oh :D The other blue arrow beside the last poster's name just brings you the the last post in the thread! I'm guessing you know that bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's gone to hell on the touch site,fine as long as you don't go to a previous page,if you do it redirects to any random spot.
    There's a thread in the bugs tech forum whatever it is for ages now.

Advertisement